Was Brawl just a fad?

Knife

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your usage of the word "crap" conveys a negative connotation, does it not? You're obviously annoyed that we're discussing competitive potential in a video game, and felt the need to express your annoyance by whining about our "whining."

Because these 4 pages don't qualify as whining crap to me, so I don't think you're stating the obvious; I think you're trying to justify your whining.

Brawl is not a fad, and I think it is slightly better than Melee. The reason people don't like it is because it is aimed more at just partying than a having huge tournament of skilled players. I, personally, appreciate the slower pace of the game, and didn't like the breakneck speed of Melee. Plus I found it enjoyable to play all the different other modes of the game. But I think that the crappy Wi-Fi is scaring away most players, who still play at locally.

The one thing I do hate about Brawl is the trophies. 9 FE trophies?! How does a series like Mario that has about 10 characters total get more trophies than FE, which has about 60 characters per game. That's about 600 characters in all.

Okay

TvC is awesome but really borken not better than brawl though and as for the best wii fighter I would say yes, follweed by Ex3

About the skill required in brawl, the MK matchups are getting alot better. Brawl isn't like Melee, lets not compare them, the skill in melee is more than in brawl btw. Brawl is alot of mind games. and spacing. Spacing is more important here than inn melee imo. Brawl does have competitive potential, here in FL it's serious business idk about other places.

I do respect Vince's opinion but I disagree. You act like there is no skill in Brawl, there is. You a Yoshi main should know how much skill it takes for a good yoshi player to beat a good falco player. And I as an ike main know that Ike vs Marth/Snake is a pain in he ass and to win does require some thought and careful movement.

Skill gap between advanced players and No_Obs is rather small, but still there. Yes Brawl is unblanced as hell but so was MvC and MvC was played super competitively.

That's my 5 cents