Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3

Erk

Favorite Game  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Game

• First
    • Second
    • Third

Only played the first one. Loved it. so much.

Try the second one. I have seen the Gold version with AoE 2 and the Expansion for around 20$.

Played them all, and all X Packs. I've been playing since they started. Loved them all the way. Third is my favorite, plus it has the Dutch. I love playing the Dutch. Building Banks... I love Banks.

I've played them all. I absolutely love 2 and I still play it to this day (years after purchase, for me not many games can survive that well). I like to play as either the Teutons (Great defense and offense) or Byzantines (the part of me that loves the Romans and the Cataphracts).

Ohh, I love AoE 2.

My brother is addicted to this kind of game, but AoE2 has a special spot. He just loves playing with the Goths, spamming Huskarls from Castle and 4,5 Barracks.

Two. By far. Three might have had a chance had it focused on the Enlightenment and Napoleon, but with the whole "New World" gimmick they sort of killed it. The worst thing is that it's obvious that it was supposed to in the first place, anyways--who puts Germany (which, I might add, doesn't even exist until after the game's time frame) and the Ottoman Empire in a game about colonization?

I just love my Teutons is two, though. Le Communard dei gratia Romanorum imperator semper augustus.

Edited by Le Communard

market spamming? never heard of such a dastardly tactic

I never have to micromanage my economy as Saracens. Just buy whatever I need from the market as long as I have more gold miners than all the other industries combined. :lol:

who puts Germany (which, I might add, doesn't even exist until after the game's time frame) and the Ottoman Empire in a game about colonization?

But I liked the Ottomans in AoEIII. :(

But I liked the Ottomans in AoEIII.

I never said I didn't like them--they're actually my favorite civ in that game--just that they were inappropriate for the (wrongly chosen) milieu that ended up being used.

Edited by Le Communard

A good mod for this game is, Age of Chivalry. It fits more Realisticly into the time Era. Also, its more realistic in the sense Pikeman have 1 range, and 5 of them can hold a breach in a wall with ease. And all archers have more range, and there are Horse man with spears.

In three they also didn't cover the different time periods very well

they should have changed the appearance of the civs more though the ages especially when they go into post civil war