Hard Mode Run OMFG

I'll give you the same suggestions I give everyone.

For part 1, use NolanxZihark, JillxVolug, and Lauraxsomeone else (Aran or Edward) along with SothexMicaiah

Don't be afraid to use Tauroneo/Muarim/Tormod/Nailah/etc. on occasion.

In part 2, try to favor Nephenee and Marcia more than others, Calill as well.

In part 3, do your own thing, but I suggest Mia, Shinon, Gatrie, Nephenee, Titania, Boyd, and Mist over others.

Good luck.

Forged weapons are your friends. Give one to whoever you plan to use who could use a little pick-me-up (e.g. Edward or Jill).

Other than that, I'll assume you know the game well enough to make decisions on the cast. Best of luck to you.

[fanboyism]You should use Mia[/fanboyism]

I always do friend.

Unless I use Zihark or Eddie.

I'll give you the same suggestions I give everyone.

For part 1, use NolanxZihark, JillxVolug, and Lauraxsomeone else (Aran or Edward) along with SothexMicaiah

Don't be afraid to use Tauroneo/Muarim/Tormod/Nailah/etc. on occasion.

In part 2, try to favor Nephenee and Marcia more than others, Calill as well.

In part 3, do your own thing, but I suggest Mia, Shinon, Gatrie, Nephenee, Titania, Boyd, and Mist over others.

Good luck.

Thanks.

Forged weapons are your friends. Give one to whoever you plan to use who could use a little pick-me-up (e.g. Edward or Jill).

Other than that, I'll assume you know the game well enough to make decisions on the cast. Best of luck to you.

Thank you for the advice but as I understand it Cash is a little ahrd to come by.

Don't spend all your money on blow Arms Scrolls.

To late.

The more I think about it, the more that a Micaiah/Sothe support seems to be a waste (even if it is auto-A). Micaiah dies if she gets looked at funny, so the 15 or so Avoid doesn't help much, and changing her support partner in Chapter 4 means she only actually loses 1 attack, which doesn't mean a whole lot when we're talking about a unit that never doubles and has an 80% Magic Growth. Considering that Micaiah is the only good DB unit with a +atk affinity (screw you Leo), that's pretty useful. Obviously, there's the loss of Guard, but considering that I've probably made almost 10 playthroughs and the only time I've ever seen Guard activate is on the Spirits guarding Sephiran... Sothe doesn't really NEED it, and considering he quickly loses usefulness after Part 1 Micaiah would probably be better off dropping his ass anyway for someone that's actually useful.

There's also 8 Hit, but Thani has 100, Micaiah has through the roof Luck and pretty good Skill, and Sothe has liek 20+ Skill/Luck.

I would think something like Zihark/Nolan (double Earth), Volug/Micaiah (30 Avoid for Volug and more attack is more useful since Volug actually doubles, and Jill/Aran (double Thunder support is win, 15 Avoid and 3 Defense).

Laura's affinity sucks and she levels up slowly. She gets double'd and OHKO'd by every enemy on the map, no support will save her. If you really want you could have her support Sothe if you're luckier with Guard than I am or something (plus the only thing he loses is 2 attack from Micaiah support).

Part 2 and 3... I really think that Neph and Mia are two of the most overrated units in the GMs. They have horrible Strength, Mia is locked to Swords (which have weak attack) and Neph's Strength is even lower (plus she has doubling issues even with EXP thrown at her in Part 2). I mean, they're fine for Part 4, but Part 4 is a joke (base level Mordecai can actually solo 4-P if he gets Resolve).

Part 2 and 3... I really think that Neph and Mia are two of the most overrated units in the GMs. They have horrible Strength, Mia is locked to Swords (which have weak attack) and Neph's Strength is even lower (plus she has doubling issues even with EXP thrown at her in Part 2). I mean, they're fine for Part 4, but Part 4 is a joke (base level Mordecai can actually solo 4-P if he gets Resolve).

I agree. They only stand out on hard mode cause most characters have trouble double attacking and the ones that can double are a lot better than them.

For the Neph point, I also think Neph has a hard time getting EXP in Part III (yeah, she can get like 3 or 4 levels) and her base AS gives her trouble doubling. Steel Greatlances aren't exactly helping her case, for they lower her AS.

Also, for GMs I recommend picking five or six core GMs and using them. On my HM playthrough, I used Shinon/Boyd/Titania/Ike/Mist (just for healing)/Gatrie primarily, and they promoted by that one chapter with the Crimean Knights. I used Janaff and Ulki on the side here and there, and Heather for occasional stealing (Disarm + Crossbow Shinon). Yeah.

Volug/Zihark are capable of soloing 3-12 and 3-13 if you give them some physic support and find a way to pick off Hawks. In reality, if you sleep the hawks and take care of the stray ones, and have Sothe/Tauro pick off the chokepoints while giving Volug Resolve/Beastfoe, they will destroy the chapter. I had Zihark at Level 14 by the time I started 3-13 but he only got to L20.50 or something which depressed me. :[

If you REALLY want an endgame swordmaster, go Stefan. I don't think Mia deserves to be in your "core five" due to her base strength and weapon availability, and Zihark probably has less Strength. Zihark is better with Nolan/Volug support but... Stefan is better if your Zihark is behind enough. Considering Stefan's bases are already very high anyway.

Right now the only units from the Downs Brigade I intend to use are Nolan, Zihark, Volug and Micky and Laura for healing purpose.

What about Tauroneo, the laguz alliance, the BK, Nailah and Rafiel? Also, you'll probably want to use Jill to support Volug.

What about Tauroneo, the laguz alliance, the BK, Nailah and Rafiel? Also, you'll probably want to use Jill to support Volug.

I meant for the long term, Like Part 3 and 4.

I intend to use all of them through the first part I couldn't manage part 1 without some of them.

I had Nolan (use a dragonshield on him btw) guard the chokepoint and I have Micaiah snipe them from behind. You can actually rush a bit later on because the Soldier, boss, and the two fighters near the boss won't charge you. Be sure to get the hand axe while you're at it, it'll help a lot against the boss.

If Nolan gets a level up, make sure he gains speed.