Favorite Smash Bros. game

luigi bros

Of the three games which is your favorite?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Super Smash Bros.
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee
    • Super Smash bros. Brawl

Uh-oh, the topic is getting out of hand in the first two replies.

*ahem*

My favorite one is the original SSB, more simplistic than the others, and is equally fun.

Uh-oh, the topic is getting out of hand in the first two replies.

*ahem*

My favorite one is the original SSB, more simplistic than the others, and is equally fun.

Yeah what Doom_Dragon_101 said may be true but out of place. (not as literal though)

Yeah the first one is fun and simple, the problem is it's too simple.

Yeah the first one is fun and simple, the problem is it's too simple.

You say that like being simple is a bad thing.

You say that like being simple is a bad thing.

No simplicity is good, but if it's too simple the game has less to it so it isn't as much fun, but it is still fun.

No simplicity is good, but if it's too simple the game has less to it so it isn't as much fun, but it is still fun.

It just haven't as much complexity as the others, thus making it a little faulty on tournaments and stuff.

Melee is better in that it is the most competitively supported of the three, and on the highest competitive level, the most balanced (everyone was usable aside from maybe Zelda and Pichu. In Brawl, the usability ends midway through the tier list).

Brawl has a fail online and hasn't given me the type of challenge I've gotten from the other two games (particularly against human opponents, as it's usually either all too casual players or hardcores that use Brawl's chaingrabs and ATs that are more frustrating and insurmountable). It's also very unbalanced on a competitive level, and more than ever, this overlaps with casual play.

My fav is the original, because I enjoyed it far more than the other two thanks to it having a good online network. Also, cheats.

(Talking about emulators, obv)

For me, it's such a close call between 64 and Melee that I really cant decide. I voted 64, since I win more often in 64 than I do in Melee or Brawl, but it's close. I like all three of 'em a lot.

I like Brawl a lot. Despite the countless hours I sunk into Melee (I had to play it through to 100% twice, after my memory card's data was wiped), Brawl just strikes a chord with me that Melee doesn't.

Maybe it's because Brawl has the Fusion Suit Samus trophy.