Tina...

General Spoon

I plan on using her, since I want to use that theif staff well. Of course, she's got an E in staves. But she has five movement stars.

About how many staff users should I train? And is it even practical to get Tina to an A in staves? I can see Seram getting there, but not Tina. Not sure about Nanna. Saphy is already at A staves.

So, yeah.

Also, if I get Olwen captured, will I be able to recruit Eyrios?

Edited by Delmud

I plan on using her, since I want to use that theif staff well. Of course, she's got an E in staves. But she has five movement stars.

About how many staff users should I train? And is it even practical to get Tina to an A in staves? I can see Seram getting there, but not Tina. Not sure about Nanna. Saphy is already at A staves.

So, yeah.

Also, if I get Olwen captured, will I be able to recruit Eyrios?

I THINK Olwen needs to be dead. Not sure.

Well, dead or not recruited.

Edited by Shiva

If you want to be sane in Chapter 18, you will have to sacrifice like 3 rounds of the Repair staff on the Thief Staff.

You might train just Linoan, Saphy and Sara.

Linoan/Saphy/Sara are the best three staff users, easily.

Tina is helpful for some chapters like Chapter 18 (you don't need the Thief Staff but the Unlock staff is helpful in that chapter) and Salem is also decent if you end up using him.

Nanna getting to A in staves is unlikely D:

Tina- use her but really dont bother to promote her. She will not be the greatest fighter, but a nice staff user with unlock and thief.

Saphy for the repair staff, but compared to others, she is a decent fighter, but the best healer.

For me, I really am not the greatest Saphy fan. She is "OHKO" for ballistae early on with terrible luck.

Linoan can fight and be a good healer.

Same with Sara, moreso than linoan.

Sleuf- Starts with A in staff. You should use for warping/healing but I would not bother to promote.

Tina- use her but really dont bother to promote her. She will not be the greatest fighter, but a nice staff user with unlock and thief.

Saphy for the repair staff, but compared to others, she is a decent fighter, but the best healer.

For me, I really am not the greatest Saphy fan. She is "OHKO" for ballistae early on with terrible luck.

Linoan can fight and be a good healer.

Same with Sara, moreso than linoan.

Sleuf- Starts with A in staff. You should use for warping/healing but I would not bother to promote.

I think I'm gonna like Sleuf. I also like how Seram looks (is his one eye red, or does it just look like that because his hair is in the way?), so I'll use him.

My situation with staff users. Skip to last paragraph if you don't feel like reading this.

Safy - Was my main healer for quite a long time. In ch 12, I promoted her and since then, I haven't used her as a healer much. She still gained tons of exp through Warp/Rescue/Sleep staves.

Nanna - I use her for combat more even though her strength is horrible. She's the only mounted healer I had so far so she's still useful as a healer. 9 movement and the ability to move after healing make her quite helpful when someone's in a sticky situation. But when everyone's together and safe, I usually use another healer since Nanna's magic isn't too impressive.

Tina - Trained her like a healer but only for the Thief Staff. I gave her Odo Scroll to help boost her skill (staves can miss) and only recently, I gave her two other scrolls as well (Ulir and Fala iirc) to speed up the process.

Linoan - I don't want to use her for combat since I'm already using Asvel, Homer, and Olwen and am trying to conserve those Thunder tomes. A friend recommended me to train her so I use her as a healer.

Sleuf - I got him very recently and now he, Linoan, and Tina take turns healing the wounded. I'm only using him since he starts with A on staff. So if a desperate situation arises, him and Safy can Warp/Rescue/etc to handle the situation faster.

Sara - I just got her in this chapter. I'm using her as a healer sometimes and she gains a lot of exp (60 per Heal staff). She has Wrath so I just might use her for combat later. I'll finish this chapter first and then decide how to use her.

So there you go. Safy comes real early and will get an A before you get Sleuf (if you even take that route). Nanna is a wonderful multitasker and can save your life in some situations. Plus, her Earth Sword makes her worth training. Tina has Thief Staff. I'm not sure what Linoan is good for though but I might figure it out later. Sleuf has A right from the start so he can help Safy or substitute her if she has too much fatigue. Sara has the best skill set I ever saw but she might be awesome in combat as well (I never tried letting her fight).

Linoan has a free promotion that's why she's good plus staves and she's pretty much getting Resire.

This. Don't miss her promotion. If you do, you might as well just ditch her, since she can't use a knight badge.

She can, but she's better at stuff after promotion.

I recommend using all of the staff users you can get. Tina having E staves isn't much of a problem, since her personal staves give so much WEXP. You don't need her to have an A when you have Linoan, Saphy, Sarah, Sety and Sleuf, but another Restore user is always good.

I actually got Tina to A staves earlier by complete accident.

I've been abusing RNG to make Tina's Unlock Staff miss to give her 30 EXP (and unknowingly 10 WExp) without using up a use of the staff - it's quite a good way to do it if you're willing to use save states [just entering the Config menu and exiting changes the RNG.]

She's probably not really worth promoting to High Priest but her personal staves are incredibly useful. The Thief Staff is one of the few things you will probably want to use Safy's Repair on.

Tina's main problem imo is her low Skill, preventing her from stealing stuff so easily. Scrolls can help that and you might want to give her a Skill Ring. With staff rank E, it's unlikely that she'll ever get A so just stick to Safy and Sleuf for Warping. Sara might get to use Warp as well.

I THINK Olwen needs to be dead. Not sure.

Well, dead or not recruited.

No, she doesn't have to die. Save her, but don't recruit her. Leave her an NPC unit.

This. Don't miss her promotion. If you do, you might as well just ditch her, since she can't use a knight badge.

Can Lionan promote at any level too other than having to at least reach LV10 in order to do so?

-----

Tina as a High Priest won't really do a good job without a Life Ring. For the Life Rings, of course you'll want to give Leaf one, if you want to keep your sanity, and for the other, you can give that one to her if you aren't using Lara. High Priest isn't really a good class until Chapter 22. Because of the lack of Light tomes. Better to keep them Priests until Chapter 22. The free Knight Proofs should be given to your melee units.

Can Lionan promote at any level too other than having to at least reach LV10 in order to do so?

linoanfb8.gif

IMO, Tina's staff accuracy isn't too troublesome, it's her base MGC stat that really sucks. 62% steal with a staff isn't too bad.

Edited by Levin

linoanfb8.gif

Guess that answers that question. =)

IMO, Tina's staff accuracy isn't too troublesome, it's her base MGC stat that really sucks. 62% steal with a staff isn't too bad.

Yeah, and that her awful Mag makes her easy prey to distant magic attackers having Fenrir, Meteor, Thunderstorm, etc. Tina will also need a Skill Ring to get enough Skill since staves CAN miss in this game.

Edited by Laylea

She doesn't "need" the Skill Ring. Sure, it helps, but she can always steal those tomes in question with a MgcUp+Thief Staff combo.

She doesn't "need" the Skill Ring. Sure, it helps, but she can always steal those tomes in question with a MgcUp+Thief Staff combo.

She doesn't even need Magic Up. My one had like 5 Skill or something and managed to steal Xavier's Master Axe.