Critical Coefficient

THR

When you attack the first time, your maximum critical rate is like 20%. However, on a double attack, your critical rate is multiplied by the critical coefficient.

Othin has Critical Coefficient of five. If not, let's assume.

So first attack, Othin with 20 Skill has 20% critical.

Second hit, he has 100% critical rate.

Have fun.

When you attack the first time, your maximum critical rate is like 20%. However, on a double attack, your critical rate is multiplied by the critical coefficient.

Othin has Critical Coefficient of five. If not, let's assume.

So first attack, Othin with 20 Skill has 20% critical.

Second hit, he has 100% critical rate.

Have fun.

Maximum is actually 25, but IIRC the coefficient counts the total critical anyway. Say you had 34 and a coefficient of 2, you'd get 68.

Pursuit Critical Coefficient (PCC) is the value in which the critical hit rate is multiplied by upon Pursuit. If you double attack with Continue, the second hit won't get the critical boost. Only Pursuit causes the crit rate to multiply. If upon Pursuit, the character activates a muti-hitting skill like Continue, then both of those hits will have the multiplied critical. I once activated Meteor upon Pursuit. All five of those hits had huge Crit rate.

The PCC value itself varies with the character. Othin has PCC of 3, not 5 iirc. Some characters like Fergus and Marita have 5 PCC (I think 5 is max) making them killing machines during Pursuit.

The PCC value itself varies with the character. Othin has PCC of 3, not 5 iirc. Some characters like Fergus and Marita have 5 PCC (I think 5 is max) making them killing machines during Pursuit.

The Pugi gives 30 and he has 7 at base. That basically means 111 there if he doubles.

The Pugi gives 30 and he has 7 at base. That basically means 111 there if he doubles.

Yeah, his second hit will still critical all the time with Pugi Axe.

By the way, I'm not sure about which hits will get the PCC boost when activating Charge. What if someone attacks four times because of Charge and Pursuit? Will both the second and fourth hits have the PCC multiplied?

Yes, Wrath is an auto crit on the counterhit at any HP. The best incarnation of Wrath by far.

In my opinion, FE4's Wrath was the best. Leave Tiltyu at low HP and she can kill Reptor all by herself (and let Sylvia dance for her). Unlike FE5, Wrath can be utilized in the Player Phase in FE4.

But FE5's Wrath is still awesome.

I'd rather have a version of Wrath that doesn't require slitting their wrists until they die to one breeze. Being able to use it on player phase matters only once per turn, but enemy phase you can get attacked by entire mobs.

Anyway, note that their crits, like hit, cap at 99%.

Unlike FE5, Wrath can be utilized in the Player Phase in FE4.

FE5's Wrath activates on the player phase just like it does on the enemy phase, numbnuts. Othin is amazing, and Brighton/Xavier are clearly better off within their army than any of FE4's options with the skill, especially since they don't have to be reduced to critical HP first which is a bullshit activation requirement. Tiltyu sucks immensely and her children are far more problematic than a lot of other 2nd generation units including some who aren't acquired through the player's pairings.

So......how is FE4's Wrath at all better?

FE5's Wrath activates on the player phase just like it does on the enemy phase, numbnuts.

FE4 Wrath doesn't require the attack to be a counterattack. In FE5 FE4 you can 1-shot enemies on player phase with Wrath.

Actually, I'm not even sure of Wrath does anything on player phase in FE5. I think it's just PCC.

Edited by dondon151

FE5's Wrath activates on the player phase just like it does on the enemy phase, numbnuts. Othin is amazing, and Brighton/Xavier are clearly better off within their army than any of FE4's options with the skill, especially since they don't have to be reduced to critical HP first which is a bullshit activation requirement. Tiltyu sucks immensely and her children are far more problematic than a lot of other 2nd generation units including some who aren't acquired through the player's pairings.

So......how is FE4's Wrath at all better?

FE5 Wrath NEVER activates on the Player Phase. The skill makes you critical all the time during your counterattack only. If your Othin criticalled a lot during the Player Phase, blame it on his PCC of 3. It had nothing to do with Wrath.

And like I said, it's just my opinion. I had the patience to train Tiltyu. Considering what you said, I'm guessing you never saw a level 30 Tiltyu. Keeping her at low HP lets her annihilate everything. I never got Holsety in the first generation. Ever try beating Langbart without Holsety? And it doesn't matter if she can die easily since the enemies will be dead before they counterattack and you can have other units protect her before you end your turn. I know, it's a lot of work but I tried it and I liked the result. That's why I think FE4's Wrath is better. In FE5, you can't have a guaranteed critical without the enemy attacking you first.

I'm not saying FE5's Wrath is bad. It's still an awesome skill and is my favorite skill of FE5. I was just saying that I preferred FE4's Wrath over FE5's.

FE4 Wrath doesn't require the attack to be a counterattack. In FE5 you can 1-shot enemies on player phase with Wrath.

Actually, I'm not even sure of Wrath does anything on player phase in FE5. I think it's just PCC.

No. Don't start with the false info-spreading yourself. I threw my hands up on this forum for awhile in part due to reading dumb argumentative stuff like Machua needing to incur damage to have this PCC mechanic work for her IIRC.

Always critical on counters

That's how Wrath is triggered, straight from the game's and this site's mouths - pretty much whenever Othin or someone else with the skill counters an enemy attack (granted, for it to actually work the counter can't miss), regardless of whether said enemy attack hit or missed. That's how I've seen it work playing FE5, enough to doubt it could possibly result otherwise if a gameplay sample were uploaded to YouTube.

That's how Wrath is triggered, straight from the game's and this site's mouths - pretty much whenever Othin or someone else with the skill counters an enemy attack (granted, for it to actually work the counter can't miss), regardless of whether said enemy attack hit or missed. That's how I've seen it work playing FE5, enough to doubt it could possibly result otherwise if a gameplay sample were uploaded to YouTube.

I tried with Sara who has a PCC of 0. She didn't activate Wrath on a counter on player phase.

Edited by Arion

Exactly. Couldn't have explained it better myself. Oh, and Wrath does not activate upon Pursuit. So during a counterattack, if Othin attacks twice (if the first one misses or if the enemy survived the critical), then the second hit won't have the guaranteed Critical that Wrath Skill gave for the first hit. However, it will still get the PCC boost so he still criticals most of the time in Enemy Phase.

I tried with Sara who has a PCC of 0. She didn't activate Wrath on a counter on player phase.

Wrath doesn't activate on Player Phase. It only activates during Enemy Phase. By the way, are you sure her PCC is 0 and not 1? Because 0 PCC means Critical Hit rate DECREASES to Zero upon Pursuit.

Edited by LightBrand99

Wrath doesn't activate on Player Phase. It only activates during Enemy Phase. By the way, are you sure her PCC is 0 and not 1? Because 0 PCC means Critical Hit rate DECREASES to Zero upon Pursuit.

I know. I just wanted to prove it to him. Yes, several characters have 0 PCC, 2 of them being Wrath users ( the other is Xavier ).

Edited by Arion

Yes, several characters have 0 PCC, 2 of them being Wrath users ( the other is Xavier ).

Ouch. And I was thinking of giving Xavier Killer Bow. Looks like I'll have to give him something else. Thanks for the info though.

Ouch. And I was thinking of giving Xavier Killer Bow. Looks like I'll have to give him something else. Thanks for the info though.

Being a Wrath user, he's actually quite good on the frontlines since he'll basically counter what he gets with a critical. With that Master Axe he starts with, it's quite good since he'll counter at 1-2 range.

Killer weapons are probably best left on people with 1-2 PCC. When it goes higher than that, the Skill stat alone is almost enough.

Edited by Arion

You people haven't proven anything there. Where exactly is the evidence FE5 Wrath does not activate upon Pursuit? Rarely have I seen it not trigger on the enemy phase either with a successful hit.

I just posted it. Sara has a PCC of 0 and Wrath. She doubled a Dark Mage AND got hit by Yotsmung on Player phase. She didn't do a critical on her target.

Edited by Arion