34 members have voted

1. 1. Want or do not want?

• YESZ!
    • No, no and no.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get those vibes, too, albeit on differing subjects...

If they want the Smash Brothers market to get in on the title, sure, I guess.

My biggest problem is, how are they going to incorporate characters from both generations of FE4 (and FE5 to a certain extent) and FE6-7, all without it making little to no sense? I mean, we are talking about characters from different time periods in both cases. How are they going to pull that off?

A wizard did it.

That wouldn't be possible in some cases, though; Levin and Fin are the only people in the 1st Gen of FE4 to return for the 2nd Gen, Sigurd is confirmed dead by the game and it's implied that all of the rest of the parents have died by the time Celice goes on to conquer the world, Hector gets himself killed in FE6, Karla dies of an illness before the events of FE6, and of all of the characters in FE7 only, what, three of them are actually playable in FE6? What the hell happened to the rest of the cast in the years between 7 and 6?

IIRC, Adeen is living in a nunnery somewhere in Issac at the start of chapter 6. I think Lester says something to Rana about it.

As for the other characters between FE7 and FE6...well, I'll start I guess. I'll use what we know.

We know Lucias started an orphanage. Chad/Lugh (can't remember who) says that father was killed by the Bern soldiers. Since they lived at the orphanage, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume that Lucias was killed by Bern, would it?

Canas and his wife spawn Hugh, and then they die trying to stop a snowstorm. Niime raises Hugh.

Rebecca spawns Wolt. IIRC, she feeds the infant Roy and infant Wolt. Or it was somebody else who fed them.

Wallace probably got lost somewhere.

Edited by Marty

We know Lucias started an orphanage. Chad/Lugh (can't remember who) says that father was killed by the Bern soldiers.

We don't know that for certain. It's implied, but there is no definitive evidence that proves that Lucius was the one who founded orphanage that Lugh, Ray, and Chad come from.

Also, Wallace got lost and ended up in Ilia where he lived as a farmer.

My biggest problem is, how are they going to incorporate characters from both generations of FE4 (and FE5 to a certain extent) and FE6-7, all without it making little to no sense? I mean, we are talking about characters from different time periods in both cases. How are they going to pull that off?

In Capcom vs. SNK 2, Rock Howard was present with the younger version of Terry Bogard.

Time warps.

Make the game not part of a particular canon.

As for the other characters between FE7 and FE6...well, I'll start I guess. I'll use what we know.

We know Lucias started an orphanage. Chad/Lugh (can't remember who) says that father was killed by the Bern soldiers. Since they lived at the orphanage, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume that Lucias was killed by Bern, would it?

Canas and his wife spawn Hugh, and then they die trying to stop a snowstorm. Niime raises Hugh.

Rebecca spawns Wolt. IIRC, she feeds the infant Roy and infant Wolt. Or it was somebody else who fed them.

Wallace probably got lost somewhere.

Okay. But that doesn't say anything about what happened to Guy, Priscilla, Heath, Vaida, Geitz, Dart, Farina, Rath, Lyn (bitch got too many pairings, what can I say?), Dorcas, Raven, Fiora, Wil, Serra, Matthew, Oswin, and pretty much anyone who aren't the guys Marty mentioned plus Eliwood, Hector, Jaffar, and Nino.

No, they live in different timelines, maybe even a different world or dimension.

I think they all live in the same world based on the characters looking a like the same type of stories and some non regular weapons and items having ssimalar names.

I think they all live in the same world based on the characters looking a like the same type of stories and some non regular weapons and items having ssimalar names.

while its arguable for the FE1-5 games, there is not enough information to connect Elibe and Tellius to the past FE continents. therefore, we can't say that they took place in the same world.

it doesn't have to be canon, you know.

I'm not asking for it to be canon; I just want it to make sense to have the younger parents next to their grown children...

I think (the FE6 character I believe to be) her future son-in-law has her beat in that category however.

But then again, that would be my opinion.

True, but that's assuming Sue or Lilina hooks up with Roy and you paired Lyn with Hector or Rath. There's also Kent, last I checked, but who wanted him to be her husband?

while its arguable for the FE1-5 games, there is not enough information to connect Elibe and Tellius to the past FE continents. therefore, we can't say that they took place in the same world.

Ninian and Nils's rings have simalar names to FE4 holy weapons.

Set's Litinary:Holsety

Filla's Might:Fala Flame

Thor's Ire:Tor Hammer

Ninian and Nils's rings have simalar names to FE4 holy weapons.

Set's Litinary:Holsety

Filla's Might:Fala Flame

Thor's Ire:Tor Hammer

is that enough to connect the games, though?

nope, not at all. they could have just wanted the names to make a cameo.

for example, in Hyrule Castle for Ocarina of Time, you can see the pictures of Mario and Peach. does that mean that the Mushroom Kingdom takes place in the same world? not at all.

It's not much but I think that it is in the same world.

In the past I bet people didn't belive other lannds were on the same planet but it turned out that there were so it could be the same here.

nope, not at all. they could have just wanted the names to make a cameo.

for example, in Hyrule Castle for Ocarina of Time, you can see the pictures of Mario and Peach. does that mean that the Mushroom Kingdom takes place in the same world? not at all.

Actually, there is no evidence to suggest they aren't in the same world, just as there is no evidence to suggest that they are in the same world.

Also, you forgot the Mario pictures in LttP, and the Yoshi doll and the Goombas and the Bloopers and the Cheep Cheeps and more Mario enemies in Link's Awakening. And the Zelda series' BowWows (which look alot like chain chomps). Oh, and there's that one Shy Guy in Eagle Tower in Link's Awakening. I'm pretty sure there's more too...

It's not much but I think that it is in the same world.

In the past I bet people didn't belive other lannds were on the same planet but it turned out that there were so it could be the same here.

So you think there are 5 large continents in one world that are pretty much unaware of eachother?

Edited by Marty

Actually, there is no evidence to suggest they aren't in the same world, just as there is no evidence to suggest that they are in the same world.

Also, you forgot the Mario pictures in LttP, and the Yoshi doll and the Goombas and the Bloopers and the Cheep Cheeps and more Mario enemies in Link's Awakening. And the Zelda series' BowWows (which look alot like chain chomps). Oh, and there's that one Shy Guy in Eagle Tower in Link's Awakening. I'm pretty sure there's more too...

@bolded: I seem to recall more than one Shy Guy in Link's Awakening overall.

why would i assume that all of the games take place in the same world if there isn't any evidence for it?

the continents are complete separate entities. as long as there isn't any sort of relevant connection between them, i believe it's pretty reasonable to assume that there is no connection between them, at least until there is some concrete evidence to prove otherwise.

i admit there is the possibility that they occur in the same world. but currently there is nothing that seems to point out that they do.

why would i assume that all of the games take place in the same world if there isn't any evidence for it?

the continents are complete separate entities. as long as there isn't any sort of relevant connection between them, i believe it's pretty reasonable to assume that there is no connection between them, at least until there is some concrete evidence to prove otherwise.

i admit there is the possibility that they occur in the same world. but currently there is nothing that seems to point out that they do.

I never said they were. In fact, I doubt that they are. But that doesn't mean that it's not possible.

If someone wanted to try and argue that they are in the same world, they'd do well to mention the great flood in premodern-Tellius and premodern-Windwaker.

Well, Narga from FE4 is clearly related to Narga from FE1/3, etc. Sure, Levin says they're "dragons from another world", but... well. Even if they aren't in the same world, they're connected.