Help in identifying patch issues

VincentASM

I suspect that its an issue with the game, but I'll say it anyways. In FE5, chapter 14, when you visit the village to get the resire tome, there isn't a picture of the guy saying the stuff to you.

I highly doubt the patch is responsible. And this applies to a lot of other FE5 villages as well. e.g one of the villages in ch 6, the only village in ch 20, etc

I didn't check if this was said yet, but in FE4 when two characters get max love and both go in the main castle, their conversation is very glitchy.

I believe I brought it up earlier:

In addition to the game freezing fter the final boss, everything after the final boss of FE4 comes out in gibberish. While you find a way to not make the game freeze after the ending, you could also translate that whole bit, too. Also, the conversations that occur whenever two people are lovers, one of them is in the home castle, and the other returns to the home castle could use some translation. I think everything else is fine except for the Defense Sword glitch that appears in the original Japanese version anyway.

There was one glitch in FE3. In the Chronicles in the ending, the text suddenly stops scrolling in the middle. I discovered the source of the glitch though. It appears that the Japanese text is shown faster than the English text (that or the English text is just longer). As a result, in the patch, the text stops scrolling before it is complete. So it isn't possible to read the rest of the Chronicles in the English Patch.

By the way, I acquired some screenshots of those FE5 glitches (and jokes).

Julius and Ishtar talking on the map.

FireEmblem5Trachia776RomVersionJ023.png

Cyas's dialogue shown in Leaf's box.

FireEmblem5Trachia776RomVersionJ024.png

And the ultimate display of the translator's sense of humor. This only happens if you finish Ch 23 with Cyas killed before talking to Leaf and thus, you miss the Blagi Sword.

FireEmblem5Trachia776RomVersionJ028.png

There was one glitch in FE3. In the Chronicles in the ending, the text suddenly stops scrolling in the middle. I discovered the source of the glitch though. It appears that the Japanese text is shown faster than the English text (that or the English text is just longer). As a result, in the patch, the text stops scrolling before it is complete. So it isn't possible to read the rest of the Chronicles in the English Patch.

Eh, its pretty close to the end when it does that. The stuff it does it for is stuff you already know at the end.

We are talking about the history part, with the sword and the fire right? Because near the end it messed up (for me at least).

Eh, its pretty close to the end when it does that. The stuff it does it for is stuff you already know at the end.

We are talking about the history part, with the sword and the fire right? Because near the end it messed up (for me at least).

Yeah, that part. I checked Serenes Forest scripts to read the rest of the Chronicles and tried the Japanese unpatched rom just in case there was something more. So it's not exactly such a big issue. We're having a much bigger problem with FE4 where the entire ending is untranslated.

Yeah, that part. I checked Serenes Forest scripts to read the rest of the Chronicles and tried the Japanese unpatched rom just in case there was something more. So it's not exactly such a big issue. We're having a much bigger problem with FE4 where the entire ending is untranslated.

That is a bother. As well as the filler bits.

That is a bother. As well as the filler bits.

Well, it makes sense to have problems in those parts since they all depend on certain conditions. Oifaye part only happens if Oifaye is alive, the video in Edda depends on whether Claude was paired and with whom, while the ending is greatly affected by who the character's fathers are. I think once the patch creators figure out how to put different videos in the same scene by putting requirements, all these problems should be solved.

By the way, I took a screenshot of the glitched Mercenaries which freeze the game.

glitchedmerc.png

Apparently, the problem lies with the comic bubble which indicates the name and HP of the unit where the cursor is on. You can still see their data and the cursor can still target them for a very short time until the comic bubble is supposed to show up. Also, holding Y while moving the cursor (speeds up the cursor and removes the terrain data and comic bubbles) allows you to point at them.

I'm assuming the name pointer is pointing at something ridiculous. Some of the unused FE5 weapons freeze when you highlight them for the same reason (in the Japanese version). If you just correct the pointer, it should work fine.

Not true, both Summerwolf and I worked on a translated script of it on FESS. Check out this thread and this thread, I think they will make you happy. :P

(Oh, don't click on the "Ending (Fate of each country, on the Map)" link, it's broken. Use the second link I posted on this post here at Serenes to get to this translation.)

Edited by AceNoctali

Not true, both Summerwolf and I worked on a translated script of it on FESS. Check out this thread and this thread, I think they will make you happy. :P

(Oh, don't click on the "Ending (Fate of each country, on the Map)" link, it's broken. Use the second link I posted on this post here at Serenes to get to this translation.)

Wow. The entire ending is translated!!! Thank you so much for this.

About the Mercenary glitch, in Ch 24, it only applies to the four mercs near Galzus. The two mercs on the east of the castle are not glitched. In the final chapter, there are mercenary reinforcements that are also glitched. I have no clue about Ch 24x though since I didn't unlock it yet.

Also I think that the ending of FE4 wasn't translated, and the game freezes while in the Augustria Epilogue Part.

Yeah, I had to use the Japanese unpatched rom just to see my rankings.

I have no clue about Ch 24x though since I didn't unlock it yet.

Unfortunately, the Mercenary reinforcements at Ch. 24x freeze the game as well. It was the cause of one of my many restarts at that chapter. =(

Wow. The entire ending is translated!!! Thank you so much for this.

Not at 100% though, there's a few missing convos between some characters in Summerwolf's translation of the Barhara epilogue, unfortunately. But most of it is done, and the Jugdral Map ending (translated by me), is 100% translated, yes.

And you're welcome. :)