• mario party 3
    • mario party 4
    • mario party 5
    • mario party 6
    • mario party 7
    • mario party 8
    • they all are equaly aweomse

you mean from Mario Party 1?

There aren't bonus stars in Mario Party 1.

Bonus stars are in Mario Party 8, they're the things that are given out after the main game for things like "Most Money Spent" or "Most Spaces Travelled" and stuff.

They can fuck your whole game up, seriously.

Edited by Bananas

There aren't bonus stars in Mario Party 1.

Bonus stars are in Mario Party 8, they're the things that are given out after the main game for things like "Most Money Spent" or "Most Spaces Travelled" and stuff.

They can fuck your whole game up, seriously.

bull.

they have been a part of the game for as long as i remember.

there IS the option to remove them from the game, you know...

Edited by Persephone

bull.

they have been a part of the game for as long as i remember.

Sorry >.>

I haven't played any Mario Party games apart from 8 in years, so I can't remember.

Anyway, bonus stars suck. I never get to turn them off because whenever I play it's with people who go "NOOO I WANT THEM ON!" then eat a load of candy just to try and get the "Most Candy Eaten" bonus star.

bah.

Edited by Bananas

i've been in the situation where those bonus stars have lead to some very cheap wins.

its frustrating when suddenly some random guy gets 3 more stars for doing stupid random things and beats you in the last second of the game.

I like 6 the most for some reason that I really can't quite put my finger on; the capsule system was refined, the night/day system made certain things hard to predict, and the minigames were quite nice.

Unfortunately, the series has been on a downhill curve since then.

Bonus stars have been in there since the first Mario party but they just got more retarded as the series went on. First one was okay "Star for most money collected" "Star for most minigames won" and so on but star for most spaces moved? WTF?

I actually dislike the original MP's verion of the coin star, since that version was where the star was given based on the ending coin total as opposed to the total coins collected by a person. I remember the minigame star is actually calculated by how many coins you get in minigames. And yeah, most spaces moved is kind of stupid. I wonder why the Happening Star doesn't appear as often as it used to...