FE2 Tips

General Spoon

Ragnarok stopped that...and the stupid desert level

Now that you mention it, I think that's another reason why I stopped playing Gaiden, whenever somebody died at the desert level it was an instant freeze and it was hard to keep everybody alive since my army was crappy and there was this 00ber Bow Knight out to get me.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Est's growths still aren't that great, and she's handicapped by Tier 2.

They're wonderful by this game's standards. Put an Angel Ring on her, and watch her fly! This game treats Pegasus Knights and Falco Knights right!

Suggestions on what my villagers should be? (god, this smells kinda like a job system...)

Also, wtf is a GP? Does it stand for Gold Piece?

Let's see, since Grey has speed problems, Mercenary is definitely the best way to go. Cliff seems to make a nice mage, and I usually make Bird/Robin a Social Knight. Atlas, I think I go archer with him.

Cliff was made for Mage, seeing as he learns the most spells. If you're wanting an early--maybe good--magic user, take him.

As for the 'GP' thing, I think I remember someone saying it stood for Group Points, like some sort of shared experience. Though I was playing the game a few months ago and I don't remember "Group Points" contributing towards all members, or anything like that :/ It could very well be a translation error, or something like that.

Edited by Celice

It could very well be a translation error, or something like that.

It might be called something else elsewhere like a lot of things in the translation (Skill is called Art in places and Movement is called Counter :( ).

I'll check the script to see if it dynamic text (as in got $GPnumber$ GP) and try to work out what it is meant to be. If it is group EXP I'll make it GEXP or something.

I looked at the game again at the weekend. I played about with the promotion text a litte (note the synstax change):

feg-promote.png

feg-promote-n.png

Yeah too many line breaks is better than not enough (I wanted to avoid "Will Grey becom" for now). And if you mess up dynamic text you end up with a load of 00 for the entire line of text :lol:

The annoying thing about FE Gaiden is it has different text for lots of things which are very similar. I'm pretty sure I'll find that the "$villagername$ can now promote" sort of text to be different to the "$name$ can now promote to $class$". Also there is the "$enemy$ slain" text which is different for monsters (or at least the Garboyles I tested in Chapter 4).

• 2 weeks later...
That guy in Tozeh's fort leaves, right? That guy with the 18 defense?

You mean the super prick general at part 1's kingdom castle? Yeah, he leaves when you kill his bodyguard Slater (the paladin bastard)

Ohh...I only played through it once, I forgot.

>_>

Palidens were charging me on the world map before this battle, if that helps you remember.

Fun. The guy has 7 Magic defense too.

Edit: If I retreat to get rid of the NPC (hints section says this works) will it count as the NPC living?

Edited by Navarre

>_>

Palidens were charging me on the world map before this battle, if that helps you remember.

Fun. The guy has 7 Magic defense too.

Edit: If I retreat to get rid of the NPC (hints section says this works) will it count as the NPC living?

Was it Alm's Route or Celica's Route? It has magical defense?...Is it a....what the hell is it called...what's the battle sprite look like?

Was it Alm's Route or Celica's Route? It has magical defense?...Is it a....what the hell is it called...what's the battle sprite look like?

Alm's route. Its Tozeh. That guy who fled in chapter 1. Anyways, I checked a walkthrough, and I need to kill him. Fun >_>

Damnit, what the fuck is wrong with the people in this game? First that guard at the liberation HQ, and now some villager tells me some aquaduct normally controls water flow, but sometimes it fails and floods result.

Edited by Navarre

Alm's route. Its Tozeh. That guy who fled in chapter 1. Anyways, I checked a walkthrough, and I need to kill him. Fun >_>

Damnit, what the fuck is wrong with the people in this game? First that guard at the liberation HQ, and now some villager tells me some aquaduct normally controls water flow, but sometimes it fails and floods result.

There's a lot that doesn't make sense in this game...

Magic definitely makes the job of killing him much easier.

I blame Tatara and Witch!Dyute.

Munchlaxsniper.jpg

I suppose that I shouldn't expect the graphics to be that great, seeing as its a NES game and all. But still...snipers look like fucking Munchlax. Their heads at least.

celicavsmunchlax.png

Celica doesn't like Munchlaxes.

Anyway, I sorta see the resemblance, but...it's not that easy to spot, honestly.

As for the 'GP' thing, I think I remember someone saying it stood for Group Points, like some sort of shared experience. Though I was playing the game a few months ago and I don't remember "Group Points" contributing towards all members, or anything like that :/ It could very well be a translation error, or something like that.

IIRC, yeah they are kinda group points, since at the end of the battle you earn some, and then everyone gets some EXP added. So if you had a character with 90E before the end of the battle, odds are high that he will be at 99E (it doesn't pass through this limit) :lol:

'You're near the end' good enough?

Lol. Yeah, I suppose it'll have to do. This might actually work if I can stop being so eager to play Chrono Cross long enough to finish Gaiden.

I just got to the Fear Temple's basement (completly blew of Celica for the time being). What goodies are down here, and why are there two paths in the basement?

Edited by Dr. Claw