I WANT MAH FE4 TROUBADOURS-->PALLIES BACK!

Liz

That's not quite what I meant. What I was trying to say is the concept of having Troubadours, etc. using swords isn't necessarily a bad idea.

I think it is, because it's bad for them pretty much all the time. It prevents them for taking advantage of magic - their strong point.

Either they should have physical weapons that do magic damage or get rid of the stat split altogether. Since RD didn't have magic weapons, magic was basically useless for physical units except for imbue. And Mist sucked offensively cause her strength was crap.

Either they should have physical weapons that do magic damage or get rid of the stat split altogether. Since RD didn't have magic weapons, magic was basically useless for physical units except for imbue. And Mist sucked offensively cause her strength was crap.

exactly!

and the growths between magic and strength should be more equal too.

and the caps shouldn't be so low. i mean, even lolwhisper had higher strength.

I think it is, because it's bad for them pretty much all the time. It prevents them for taking advantage of magic - their strong point.

Magic is their strong point? Nanna and Clarine would like to have a word with you.

Magic is their strong point? Nanna and Clarine would like to have a word with you.

Strong point in fighting, I mean. At least Clarine has magic.

Nanna is totally debatable in FE4, since she can be the child of a magic user too.

In FE5, it's because she has the Earth Sword. Note I said "pretty much".

Edited by Shanan

I don't see why female Paladins/Valkyries/Whatever are automatically inferior because of swords. Just give them higher strength growth so they can deal out decent damage with non-magic swords and low-ish magic growth so they heal less than unmounted staff-users. Seems fairly balanced to me. =\

Minor Nitpick: Troubadours should have their name changed to Shieldmaiden.

FE10 Elincia is a great example of that. She's inferior in healing to pretty much any other healer, yet she's easily better at fighting than any of them. Her combat is better than some combat based classes even.

FE10 Elincia is a great example of that. She's inferior in healing to pretty much any other healer, yet she's easily better at fighting than any of them. Her combat is better than some combat based classes even.

I believe I've said this before, but having a bad magic stat doesn't make a unit a terrible staff wielder. There's always the option of Recover for HP healing (Mend healing 20 HP at base isn't bad either), and while status staves and Physic are off limits, stuff like Restore, Torch, Barrier, Unlock, and Rescue and Warp in some cases are still working just fine.

Ethlin gets access to the Light Sword and pretty much every sword user in FE4 gets access to magic swords, and usually troubadour with magic sword is better off than troubadour with melee sword.

and besides, the only place where i've found that Mist isn't good in FE10 is on endgame. pretty much the rest of the game she is rockin'!

uh Mist does like 6 damage with Florete at base and has 25% str growth. Not rockin' at all. Ever.

Edited by dondon151

I believe I've said this before, but having a bad magic stat doesn't make a unit a terrible staff wielder. There's always the option of Recover for HP healing (Mend healing 20 HP at base isn't bad either), and while status staves and Physic are off limits, stuff like Restore, Torch, Barrier, Unlock, and Rescue and Warp in some cases are still working just fine.

I didn't say she was bad, just inferior.

Are you kidding me? I started with the GBA FE games and Valkyrie was my favorite class. I was really disappointed to see that they weren't there in FE4 or 5.

they ARE there, only they have a different name. Look up Troubadours-->Female Paladins

Edited by Little Red Riding Hood

they ARE there, only they have a different name. Look up Troubadours-->Female Paladins

That's not what I meant. Female Paladins don't have such cool battle or map sprites as Valkyries.