New Simpsons opening...

Starwolf_UK

Guess this proves the truth; Nobody watches the Simpsons anymore except people who want to complain that it sucks :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU

This represents why I don't watch the Simpsons anymore. The animation is stiff and lifeless. A good example you can see in this opening:

The checkout scene. In the old opening you see Marge give a sigh of relief when Maggie lands in the trolley. In this opening...the animator forgot to animate her :lol:

Plus with about 1 million characters appearing in the opening all over the place it made the opening feel silly and reinforces the fact the Simpsons has too many characters*. Of course the worst thing it represents is...

"Also, the worst part of all these seasons is now there's only like a 40% chance that a rerun will be from a good season."

^ - It won't quite be 40% if the Simpsons is handled the same way as it is in the UK. You have two channels airing it. Channel 4 and Sky 1. They're not allowed to show the same seasons so that means they have rights to different sets of seasons. Plus the whole show the episodes in seasonal sequence...

*-Don't we need about 2 hands to count the dead characters though technically speaking Lionel Hutz and Troy McLaure are not dead but retired (due to the voice actor being murdered by thier wife...a lot of the voice do multiple characters in the show, with Marge bearly able to do the voice as it is how long has this show got?)

I kinda prefer the old Simpsons, but that only means without HD, you noticed how part was writing on the chalkboard:

"HDTV is worth every scent".

They started doing this after the movie, it's not so bad but HD kinda sucks, Bart thinks the same :lol: .

I actually thought the new spins on various aspects of the tried and true Simpsons intro were pretty funny, especially now that Sideshow Bob tries to kill Bart in the intro and now that the car actually hits Homer and sends him flying through the door. XD (I did think they milked the runaway couch gag for much more than it was worth, though.)

And as for this whole intro? There are some channels that don't air the entire intro of this show anyways (I've seen them cut out everything from Homer leaving work to Homer parking his car in front of the garage where Bart then skates on top of it.), so we might not even see the whole intro (especially now that it's two minutes long).