Should I sacrifice Gordin for Norn?

Robert

Kill them both.

Although I've heard people say CAPTAIN GORDIN makes a decent curate, but iunno o.o.

Let's not turn this into another misconception. The correct way to put it is "the only thing CAPTAIN GORDIN is good for is Curate, just like any worthless unit of Class set A".

On topic... They both suck, but if you're going to use on, go with Norne since she's better (and IIRC, you have to kill 2 people for Norne... Jagen and Gordin are the best candidates for this).

He's not a good Curate, but I put him above Maria because he comes waaaay earlier than she does and gets more durability than her (but his Magic sucks).

Honestly, use whoever you wish. If you're playing Normal Mode, Gordon and Norne should do fine.

Edited by Chainey

Note- For my first playthough, I am not paying notice for most of the gaiden chapters. Except maybe 6, and 24.

Cap't Gordin is too innocent to kill...

Alright, I will not kill him, or use him.

Jagen is my decoy.

Edited by Asvel

The only reason CAPTAIN GORDIN makes a good curate is because he sucks at fighting so he might as well do something handy. He's actually one of the better ones because he retains some def/HP growth, and since magic does almost nothing to affect healing, might as well have a healer who can take a couple hits, right? He's infinity better than the Riffster, not like that's hard to do.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Foolishness. Norne and Gordin are both garbage but Norne's lesser of the 2 failures.
Gordon has solid defense, better skill, and the same inherent weaknesses of the class as Norn. Norn's faster, but still not fast enough to be consistently double-hitting, and her lack of skill negates any speed advantage. Again: how is Norn the better option?

And aren't Gordon's support possibilities better than Norn's?

Gordon has solid defense, better skill, and the same inherent weaknesses of the class as Norn. Norn's faster, but still not fast enough to be consistently double-hitting and her lack of skill negates any speed advantage. Again: how is Norn the better option?

And aren't Gordon's support possibilities better than Norn's?

Ok first, this is assuming Normal mode (since Norn doesn't exist in hard). Now then...

@Bold: Compared to Gordin, she is. There's enemies in chapter 18 with 8 AS and Norn reaches 12 SPD at lvl 14, she's doubling by then if you're using her. Mages have poor AS so she's doubling earlier, can't specify exactly when that is though since I won't ever bother using her.

@Italic: How? SKL is just 1% accuracy each and 0.5% critical, that's it. A unit with 0 SKL is satisfactory in the lategame because the enemies suck that much. Norn has the better damage output.

Gordin's HP/DEF and supports are negligible since it's just 2 HP and 2.8 DEF, their best class is pretty much Sniper so they're not supposed to have much use of their DEF stat and again, Norn can double earlier and Gordin has to wait for promotion to start doubling the weakest enemies.

Supports in this game are pathetic.

Edited by Levin

Someone is going to have to please, please, please explain to me why they would want Norn. She's about six shades of useless; an archer that can't hit anything is no friend of mine.
To be fair, bows are accurate enough that her skill is kinda irrelevant.

Or when attacking stuff like Pirates doing a seawalk or bosses on thrones. Really, you know hitting is not an issue when the avoid formula effectively halves both parts of the GBA ones (Spd + Luk/2 rather than Spd*2 + Luk).