Exploding chair kills boy

uguu

...Death shouldn't exist?

...I'm no fan of people dying (although I don't feel terribly bothered by it unless it's somebody I know or a particularly heinous crime), but wouldn't it get awfully crowded without people dying?

...I'm no fan of people dying (although I don't feel terribly bothered by it unless it's somebody I know or a particularly heinous crime), but wouldn't it get awfully crowded without people dying?

Imagine the world being crowded by people.

Anyhow, about the exploding chair, this actually made me scared.

Yes, I see what you are trying to say, but I did not mean it that way. I just hope that death wouldn't of had existed, we'd all be immortals, or however you spell it.

Yes, I see what you are trying to say, but I did not mean it that way. I just hope that death wouldn't of had existed, we'd all be immortals, or however you spell it.

One thing I've learned: The choice is either immortality or reproduction.

Out goes the joys of raising a child. Everyone would remain the same. Forever.

Or perhaps grow so old that we may as well be vegetables.

Who knows?

Edited by Shiva

Holy shit... For years, I've always imagined that could happen. But I left it to just pure imagination, thinking it is impossible.

Then... it goes and happens?

Fucking scary...

He was probably forced off of the chair from the force of the explosion if that's the case. Remember this is a child we're talking about here; it takes less to force a shocked child off of a chair than it does a shocked adult.

There would still be blood splattered everywhere in the room, and there's no sign of it on the photos.

Plus, the fact this news is only found on obscure English sites (as far as I searched, no official English news site, and no French news site AT ALL reported it : and god knows how in France the newspapers love to mention cases of defective Chinese items), is for me a flag for fake. :/

Edited by AceNoctali

Jesus fucking Christ, this is why we have science people:

Whoever claimed the child was "blasted" off the chair has no understanding of physics. The chair had no energy of its own, the pressure in the cylinder could only possibly have equalled the weight of the child (his mass being pulled down by gravity was the only force acting on the chair, outside the minimal weight of the seat itself), and the energy would have been a lot less due to the fact that nothing is perfect in terms of energy transfer. Even more so, this cylinder would have exploded in more directions than one, removing even more force that could have acted directly on the child. Probably in the end, the child received less than 10% of his weight in explosive force, probably around seven or eight pounds. But we're forgetting something else! Even if the "shards of metal" could be torn apart by seventy or so pounds of force (laughably un-fucking-likely), they would have had to travel through the foam and seat by themselves, with maybe only a pound of force acting on each individually. It's unlikely they would ever escape the seat, and if they did, they wouldn't even be able to break skin.

The world isn't ending, no need to worry. The fear-mongering peasants can go back to being stupid.

Edited by Black Knight

So it's a fake? My gut said so, but I'm not scientific enough to have said why.

Regardless, I'm sure that some people have died other types of freakish, chair-related deaths, because weird shit happens. Still no reason to be worried when we sit.