Who should get ambush?

General Spoon

Ok, nice to see things got civilized. Not arguments here, just a bit of clear ups for anyone reading through this raped topic. Lol, I'm a loudmouth.

Every point of build counts, Eyrios has more speed by the time she shows up AND more strength along with decent durability. he's putting physical weapons to much better use. Olwen kinda needs fragile rapiers until her rank goes up, or she's doing pisspoor damage with iron. She'd LOVE killers...if we had more than like...2 of them.

The thing is, it makes mages ignore her, but it just makes those guys with ranged master weapons destroy her. It doesn't really help her durability as much as it changes if it's physical that kills her or magical.

Trewd and Machua would love Continue. I just wanted to say Hicks does not need it. Access to Hammers, Pole Axe, and generally good all around stats, he's got offense covered. He just doesn't have a crazy ass skill with him. Am I the only one here who thinks Hicks is underappreciated?

Yay, I was brief for once!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every point of build counts, Eyrios has more speed by the time she shows up AND more strength along with decent durability. he's putting physical weapons to much better use. Olwen kinda needs fragile rapiers until her rank goes up, or she's doing pisspoor damage with iron. She'd LOVE killers...if we had more than like...2 of them.

I don't think 1 point of build means the difference between wielding Rapiers and any other sword... Olwen has chapters to level up and maybe use Neir, giving her 20% build growth, so for all purposes they're tied in build. Like I said before, Olwen's infinitely more likely to score a critical on her pursuit attack and strike with doubled MT, so that cancels out Eyrios's strength lead. And again, Wind is probably a better choice than any sword for both of them.

The thing is, it makes mages ignore her, but it just makes those guys with ranged master weapons destroy her. It doesn't really help her durability as much as it changes if it's physical that kills her or magical.

Mages ignoring Olwen is a point for Olwen, because she won't be attacked by x number of enemies on enemy phase. Really, Olwen's already decent base magic means that magic units would choose to attack other units instead of her anyway; HS just increases her survivability against Yotsmungands or something. HS doesn't make her worse against melee enemies (equipping DT is bad when you'll be 4x attacked by a master weapon dude) - it doesn't change anything other than giving her +10 magic and locking her to 1 range.

Here, I'll pull a page from your book: since she can't counter from 2 range, she won't accidentally kill as much stuff with PCC on enemy phase! And she won't eat as many attacks!

Trewd and Machua would love Continue. I just wanted to say Hicks does not need it. Access to Hammers, Pole Axe, and generally good all around stats, he's got offense covered. He just doesn't have a crazy ass skill with him. Am I the only one here who thinks Hicks is underappreciated?

Hicks also has generally mediocre AS against stuff that he doesn't 1-shot with an axe and he would like the chance at another attack should he miss, since his hit rate's not that good. Other axers might like the Hammer or Pole Axe too.

Edited by dondon151

First part makes sense to me. I wish I could pull up enemy stats though, so I can see if the master weapon wielding guys 2 shot her anyways though.

As for Hicks, it's only really mediocre at the start, he grows it at a nice pace along with build. Until then, he has stuff like his pole axe and he can have the hammer. Othin's got wrath and range, Brighton has wrath too, Halvan has brave axe, Marty sucks and Dagda's outlived his usefulness after the mansion. Aside from Halvan, others don't really need the special effect weapons to kill. It counts against him that he needs them at first, but he grows just fine all things considered.

I dunno, maybe I'm just an odd fan of Hicks. Eh's a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.