guns damn

YokaiKnight

Ooooookay.

So my only Gundam experience so far has been with Gundam on Toonami; so mostly Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and shit. I was middle school at that time, though, so I really don't remember much of it, except that G Gundam seemed kind of dumb.

I'm not sure if I want to get back into Gundam as a whole, but if I had to watch one whole Gundam anime, which would you suggest and why?

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

I had gotten pretty sick of Gundam, this was going to be my last series, but it's so much more serious than the other it got me addicted all over again. While in Gundam there is normally something like, Newtypes, or being a Gundam pilot when only a handfull exist up against much weaker enemies, this one does give him bullshit advantage like that so it is much more exciting, to me at least. Although Shiro is arguably the best pilot in all of Gundam by the end, even superior to Newtypes in other series.

I should warn you though. It has a love story, hahah.

Is it a good love story?

Not really, it seemed kind of forced and contrived. >_> That's easily the worst part of it, though. Good series and with only 12 episodes not a significant time commitment.

G Gundam is Super Robot instead of Real Robot and has most of the cheesiness that would imply, but it makes up for it by being extremely awesome and has lots of plot twists. And it's not really like any other Gundam, which I consider a plus given how often the premise is recycled.

Of the more conventional Gundam series, Zeta Gundam is my favorite of the ones I've seen, though if you haven't finished or don't remember most of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, go watch that first as Zeta is a sequel to it and the original is also pretty good.

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

After watching the UC Timeline, you should:

a)Watch Gundam SEED(it is good), and pretend that SEEDestiny never existed. Watch SEED Astray and Stargazer, they aren't bad either.

b)Watch Gundam 00, it's Gundan Wing turned goodawesome.

Gundam 0080 is a much better emotional story than 8th MS Team, and even though it doesn't have a jungle theme and a gritty look, is arguably closer to the grim reality of war.

I second Zeta Gundam. I am also a fan of Victory Gundam for its good combat and attention to clever solutions that make use of more mundane tactics than simply the sheer power of his MS (which isn't actually overpowered, and even the attachments that make it capable of solo-ing grunt are temporary.)

SEED starts off well, but in the second season the main character upgrades to a far less interesting MS and the show starts to have some of Gundam Wing's flaws (repeat animation and emphasis on peace and ideals), but even during the second season there are still some great moments (most of them ruined by SEED Destiny, which is why I also second avoiding Destiny).

Edited by Chainey

Ooooookay.

So my only Gundam experience so far has been with Gundam on Toonami; so mostly Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and shit. I was middle school at that time, though, so I really don't remember much of it, except that G Gundam seemed kind of dumb.

I'm not sure if I want to get back into Gundam as a whole, but if I had to watch one whole Gundam anime, which would you suggest and why?

First, you should watch Z gundam, then, ZZ gundam and then, Char's counterattack. After that, try V gundam, and then, Turn A gundam. Last, gundam 00.