I sent out Abel as my sacrifice...

Roxas

The trick is to use two of the three Cavaliers and ditch the third. If you didn't decide to use Abel, fine. If you did... that sucks.

Trick...?

The best decoys are Jagen and Gordin.

The best thing to do is just kill Gordin so that scene won't happen anyway. Abel, Cain and Frey are among the best units in the game.

Gordin is one of the worst units in the game. So is Jagen, but he at least has some uses earlygame due to being better than others, and he isn't locked to bows, so I'd say Gordin would be your best unit to sacrifice :)

Gordin would be fine as cav is his AS didn't blow even for NM.

If you use him as Myrm then his strength blows even for NM.

There's really nothing you can do with Gordin apart from making him a sub-curate. He's at the very least more useful than the Riffster. But so is everybody else.

Gordin is by FAR worse than Jagen. Jagen can at least stay non failure for a while. Gordin fails until promotion. Then he just fails less rather than becoming good.

Im a fan of the three cavs just because of the characters themselves, so i tend not to use one of them. I agree with the whole Gordin thing though, he is horrible and not much use later on, but i like the ranged attacks for the first little bit. Plus prepremotes are just experience hogs and never really go anywhere with stats, so to have them around is nice in a fix, but once youre a few chapters in, hopefully your other characters are already much better.

if you really want ranged use abel or something

Also, nonsucky melee>>>>>>>sucky ranged. Gordin doesn't get useless later, he starts awful and slowly starts failing less but never reaches the level of any good units.

Just in case what?

He somehow gets a ton of +1 lvl ups early on as cav and becomes less suck? doesn't justify sacrificing one of the best characters in the game at all

This isn't H5, Abel or Frey will be able to use the javelin for range just fine, much better than any way Gordin can possibly even hope to help. Cain doesn't even need ranged, and it doesn't really take him that long to get it, anyway. If you really want earlygame ranged just wait until Castor shows up a grand total of one and a half chapters later :/

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Anyone but Jagen as a sacrifice is a waste imo. It's normal mode, you won't need him to do anything.

Even if one sacrifices Gaggles? I mean...CAPTAIN GORDIN, DEFENDER OF EARTH isn't particularly useful either...

Gordin's only locked to bows for c1-c3, after that he can reclass to Cavalier.

Eh, fuck. Haven't played this game in a while so I simply forgot about re-classing <_<

It's normal mode, you won't need him to do anything.

I'd rather have Jagen as an emergency tank/weakener in case I need to kill something in one round than having Gordin doing nothing.

Even if one sacrifices Gaggles? I mean...CAPTAIN GORDIN, DEFENDER OF EARTH isn't particularly useful either...

In NM I don't need Jagen or Gordin to do anything except maybe hold a few items from the shop in chapter 1. I just train Marth in those chapters so if I need him to distract/take a few hits or just ends up being attacked for some reason he won't die in 1 hit.

In NM I don't need Jagen or Gordin to do anything except maybe hold a few items from the shop in chapter 1.

Of course not.

Jagen's still a hell of a lot better than Gordin.

Of course not.

Jagen's still a hell of a lot better than Gordin.

But...but...Jagen isn't CAPTAIN GORDIN, DEFENDER OF EARTH! He's just a crummy old man.

...Anyway, yeah. Jagen does give a Silver Lance. Captain Gaggles gives nothing.