1. 1. How far are you?

• Under 13 min
    • 13-17 min
    • 17-21 min
    • 21-25 min
    • 25-over min
    • Never played.

I only manage to get up to 22 min at the latest. O_O

You mean the number puzzles that come in varying difficulties? Some take under five minutes, others take over an hour. Kind of a silly question, if you ask me.

I've only recently started Sudoku.

Fair, but my point was it's like asking "How fast can you solve a math problem?" But then consider the following three problems

What is 92/(5x + y * y), if x=7.2 and y=2.7?

If 2x + y +z = 12, x + 3y + 4z = 9, and -5x + 4y - z = -7, what are x, y, and z?

Express (10 + 5i) / (2 - i) in the form x + y*i.

Each of the above problems are of varying degrees of difficulty, people with different amount of experience will have an easier time with one type of problem or another. Even so, each of them will take a different amount of time to solve. And this is before introducing any really difficult problems like multivariate calculus or differential equations.

If you want to have a sensible discussion on Sudoku, perhaps ask people to discuss their strategies, what sorts of logical inferences are easier to set up, etc. rather than just polling on a quite worthless question like "The quickest you've solved a Sudoku". Or if you're still interested in that sort of thing, most Sudokus come with star ratings, so you could try being more specific, e.g. ask about peoples' 5 star rating completion times. Maybe provide a link to a sample one online, I suspect many newspaper websites will probably have a daily Sudoku challenge somewhere, and ask people to give a specific one a go. Otherwise, it's like comparing pineapples and bowling balls.

Fair, but my point was it's like asking "How fast can you solve a math problem?" But then consider the following three problems

What is 92/(5x + y * y), if x=7.2 and y=2.7?

If 2x + y +z = 12, x + 3y + 4z = 9, and -5x + 4y - z = -7, what are x, y, and z?

Express (10 + 5i) / (2 - i) in the form x + y*i.

Your talking to a guy who has little experience in Mathematics...

Oh, I loooove Sudoku. Though I haven't done any recently. I could probably do Easy levels (6x6 grid) in less than a minute, but then Hard+ 9x9 grids at 5 stars can eat up many of my hours. Oh gosh, but it's so fun!

I actually didn't use to play this game until this past winter break when my grandmother was doing it and I would somehow finish all of the puzzles that she had only completed, say, a quarter of. That's literally how I got good at sudoku. Of course, I don't time myself since I haven't had much time to play sudoku lately and because I don't have any good puzzles right now...

It depends on how difficult the Sudoku puzzle is. I could do the easier ones in like five minutes but the tough ones take some time. Recently I don't think I ever exceeded 20 minutes though.