The Fire Emblem Remake Topic

Phoenix Wright

FE4 would definitely be my first choice, as it is easily one of my (and many others) favorite ones. FE3 Book 2 would make sense to be remade as well, with Shadow Dragon being released.

FE6 is the most likely, though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To elaborate, I don't know how much Bites are in a GB, KB, or MB.

1,024 (210)bytes = 1 KB

1,048,576 (220) bytes = 1 MB

1,073,741,824 (230)bytes = 1 GB

Not to mention:

1,099,511,627,776 (240)bytes = 1 TB

8 bits = 1 byte.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

1,024 (210)bytes = 1 KB

1,048,576 (220) bytes = 1 MB

1,073,741,824 (230)bytes = 1 GB

Not to mention:

1,099,511,627,776 (240)bytes = 1 TB

8 bits = 1 byte.

Thanks. All I gotta do is remember 8 bits=1 byte, and the 2x thing.

--------------

BACK ON TOPIC: I wanna hear more thoughts. B)

No, but it was made fairly recently, released worldwide, and is compatible with the DS (as far I know).

Soooooo why remake Fuuin again? Just because there's profit to a foreign release, doesn't mean there's any interest for Intelligent Systems to actually pick up a project like this and run with it.

DS carts use heavy compression to fit games.

Care to give some examples?

Fuuin did NOT do well in Japan, from what I understand. Why in the world would IS want to remake a game that bombed?

At least Thracia 776 had a reason for not selling as much: The Super Famicom was on its way out.

Edited by Aless the Black Knight

Soooooo why remake Fuuin again? Just because there's profit to a foreign release, doesn't mean there's any interest for Intelligent Systems to actually pick up a project like this and run with it.

I don't want it remade.

I can just see it happening. All that "Roy needs a proper introduction" thing.

At least Thracia 776 had a reason for not selling as much: The Super Famicom was on its way out.

Not to mention the fact that it first was only available through their Nintendo Power service, if memory serves.

I don't want it remade.

I can just see it happening. All that "Roy needs a proper introduction" thing.

That really doesn't matter whether the game gets remade though. Unless Intelligent Systems is going to make a relatively recent game new again for oversea markets, completely ignoring its own.

Bias in foreign markets over Roy doesn't necessarily mean that it's a shoe-in, like many fans seem to think (or that it's a great idea). Lip was also featured in Smash Bros.--you think that means Panel de Pon is going to get an original release over here, simply because there's fans (remember that it too has its own secluded niche of fans, series and all)?

For me, the most likely candidates of games are either a remake of Gaiden, or equally relevant, a remake of Monshou's Book II. Aside from those, a new game. Really--the new game seems to have more bearing on the market, unless Intelligent Systems hires a separate team to take over the remakes (which, if memory serves, that's what they did with Seima [FE8] as the main team was working on Souen [FE9] during its production).

Not to mention the fact that it first was only available through their Nintendo Power service, if memory serves.

Yeah. That flash cart service. I think you're right. That's the version with SSS Rank as well. In any case, FE5 didn't get the chance to sell well.

FE6 did. It bombed.

EDIT: Oh HELL no. Chad would make a far better Assassin.

Edited by Aless the Black Knight

Hey guys.

I wanna see Roy stronger too.
and I hope the yadjust Roy's growth rates too.

Nonononono. Roy isn't weak. Roy is fine. His 20/20 stats are actually comparable with high-tiered characters like Lance and Allen (take a look at fire emblem averages). The rapier is a very nice proof, and of course the SoS is ridiculous ownage. The problem is his promotion time. If they moved it forward a few chapters before the SoS (say, when they liberate etruria) he would be a perfectly good unit.

They could also fill in gaps such as "Who is Roy's mom?

I hope this stays ambiguous - I like it that the FE fan who really cares about shipping has the freedom to believe in any of the pairings available.

Methinks that the game that has the most potential to become quite an epic adventure is FE4. The storyline at least as far as i've gotten is quite good, and the generation and holy blood systems are perhaps the most outstanding feature in this game. Just add some more recent developments to the mix, such as varied chapter goals, and voila! you have an awesome game.

And more characters, too. I would love more recruitable units. maybe make some of the replacement characters parents recruitable? and some more units from FE5 would be nice...

You've made the best post, for my money. FE4 has some really awesome story but they could do a lot more (build the pairing system into a full-fledged support system, and give minor characters more lines). Also, they need to tone down holy weapons if they want to make the game remotely difficult (even a no-pairs game isn't too bad).

I would especially like to see Thracia remade with it...but Thracia doesn't really need much improvement in terms of gameplay.

my only gripe with FE4 is the insanely huge chapters, but that could be fixed by dividing them into several smaller ones. but even THAT isn't much of a problem since you can save and stuff.

I think they would need to rehaul the map design which is boring as hell for the most part. Even if you split up the maps IMO I think they are just too boring for words mostly.

I mean, come on, chapter 4? Jesus christ, if you don't know deu can unlock the bridge you have to take 20 turns to cross that stupid frigging mountain and get to the castle in the top right. WTF is that? What if you screwed up and lost deu?

The only big chapter that really needs to survive is 5 because 1: the giant desert is frigging important for watching the lenster people get massacred w/out your interference and 2: it's just so frigging epic, and 9 because the use of 3 forces of dragon knights in different directions really does justify the huge map.

On the flipside, the game did make some of the best attempts at making you split your forces in-battle.

Hey guys.

Nonononono. Roy isn't weak. Roy is fine. His 20/20 stats are actually comparable with high-tiered characters like Lance and Allen (take a look at fire emblem averages). The rapier is a very nice proof, and of course the SoS is ridiculous ownage. The problem is his promotion time. If they moved it forward a few chapters before the SoS (say, when they liberate etruria) he would be a perfectly good unit.

I hope this stays ambiguous - I like it that the FE fan who really cares about shipping has the freedom to believe in any of the pairings available.

You've made the best post, for my money. FE4 has some really awesome story but they could do a lot more (build the pairing system into a full-fledged support system, and give minor characters more lines). Also, they need to tone down holy weapons if they want to make the game remotely difficult (even a no-pairs game isn't too bad).

I would especially like to see Thracia remade with it...but Thracia doesn't really need much improvement in terms of gameplay.

I think they would need to rehaul the map design which is boring as hell for the most part. Even if you split up the maps IMO I think they are just too boring for words mostly.

I mean, come on, chapter 4? Jesus christ, if you don't know deu can unlock the bridge you have to take 20 turns to cross that stupid frigging mountain and get to the castle in the top right. WTF is that? What if you screwed up and lost deu?

The only big chapter that really needs to survive is 5 because 1: the giant desert is frigging important for watching the lenster people get massacred w/out your interference and 2: it's just so frigging epic, and 9 because the use of 3 forces of dragon knights in different directions really does justify the huge map.

On the flipside, the game did make some of the best attempts at making you split your forces in-battle.

i love you!

i agree with you 100%!

As far as FE remakes go, only FE2 and FE3 Book 2 need to be remade. FE4, FE5, and FE6 are good enough to not warrant a remake. What they need to do is to just translate those three and release them outside of Japan.

I don't think the Holy Weapons are the sole problem in FE4 (and IMVPO, I don't think they're the REAL problem either). I think the problem lies into the enemies. Seriously, have you seen their Skill sets ? Aside from a couple bosses and enemies with Class-based Skills, no enemies get Skills. Coupled with their shallow stats, no wonder that makes them cannon-fodder. Give them a few skills like Pursuit, Critical and Awareness, and you'll see they would become more threatening.

Honestly, I'm not interested in beefing my enemies so they get a chance to OHKO my guys if I don't kill them with Javelins, so critical skill is unnecessary. FE4 criticals are extremely overpowered, increasing base rather than final damage. (actually it might double, I can't remember) If you change the damage formula I'd say take off the critical skill and just let everyone use it again (and let weapon kill over 50 just boost chances or something).

Wrath might be an okay access to critical since there's more ways to avoid it (ranged weapons, killing them before they go into small HP range).

Prayer would just be stupidly annoying on enemy units assuming they manage to survive the first hit.

The occasional enemies with killer weapons are dangerous enough (though of course, put your holsety user in range and it doesn't matter....)

Some enemies with awareness would be interesting I guess. Stuff like Sun sword and pursuit wouldn't be a problem with me.

Still, I can't think of any skills that would let a normal enemy be a real threat to characters like sety or shanan, let alone others. (except maybe corrosion from FE10: if they break your holy weapon you have to walk back to the castle to repair it!)

Edited by SeverIan

Here are the things I'd have no problem seeing in the way of remakes:

Fire Emblem 6 for the DS.

BUT! I have a few choice thoughts on what to do with it, all of which will be short-lived if the DSi takes over for the DS-lite and DS.

- Update to the 'standard' statset that FE9-11 use. (Always neat).

- Additional Content based on Fire Emblem 7 data. Scenes with Roy's 'mother' based on your A Support with Eliwood in your FE7 file. Also certain FE7 units returning or bonuses based on certain Supports in FE7. Maybe the characters being recruitable or something. Matthew, Serra, and any of the girls that can end up with Eliwood or Hector with an A rank, for instance.

- More Gaiden chapters, more characters.

- Fixing Roy's promotion time.

However without some connectivity to FE7 I don't feel FE6 is really worth remaking just yet.

As for the other games...

FE2: I really have no interest in it... from what I've read of how it plays. Also due to it being the only FE game without a set of official art... I don't think IS has interest in it either.

FE3: Similar to the FE6-7 idea, a connectivity to FE11 would be wonderful and welcome. Leading it to be a good Wii title idea.

FE4: I would LOVE to see this in English but... I'm skeptical about it happening. I have similar feelings about 5.

FE7: Another one I'd love to see remade, even if it is rather recent. A connectivity to an FE6 remake is something I'd love to see.

FE8: They would have to work HARD to make this worth it... even if I love some of the cast.

Edited by Rakath

FE4: I would LOVE to see this in English but... I'm skeptical about it happening. I have similar feelings about 5.

I'm seeing this every now and then throughout this thread, and with other similar topics... remember, people, that remaking is not translating.

FE2: I really have no interest in it... from what I've read of how it plays. Also due to it being the only FE game without a set of official art... I don't think IS has interest in it either.

http://www.serenesforest.net/gallery/fe2.html