• Kieran
    • Astrid
    • Geoffrey
    • Makalov

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Kieran and Oscar are traditional standard Cavaliers/Social Knights after all. Red always represent good strength and good defense and the Green represent good speed and good skills.

yeah. my kieran is a killer with his high strength, and oscar activates sol amazingly often.

My Astrid has turned out AMAZING. She dodges almost every attack and KILLS with her bow.

Makalov...I dunno. Although I love to train him but I guess it's too late right now, I can't be bothered. Unless I have BEXP to spare.

My Astrid has turned out AMAZING. She dodges almost every attack and KILLS with her bow.

Makalov...I dunno. Although I love to train him but I guess it's too late right now, I can't be bothered. Unless I have BEXP to spare.

My Astrid is the same.

When it comes down to it, Makalov isn't that bad....just a little lacking in speed.

Oops. Never mind. I just checked and apparently, the avearage 20/20 Makalov is the fastest paladin in the game(perhaps he has experience from running away from debt collectors?), he usually caps strength and he has better defense than Kieran and Oscar.

The only things Makalov is slighty lacking is skill and resistance, but only by a few points. So Makalov isn't actually all that bad at all as a unit.

20/20 Oscar couldn't wield a Steel Lance without speed loss.

That said, I lost my faith in cavs in FE9.

So you're saying Oscar only gained like 4 points in strength out of like 30 something level-ups? You should blame the RNG for that, not the whole class.

Paladins are the best in FE9.

I've got Oscar and Astrid at 20/20 right now, and Makalov at 7...I regret not training him. He's a really good unit, even when he's low level like this.

And yeah, Paladins are excellent in FE9. I forged a Silver Lance for Oscar, made the attack 19, hit 100, crit 9 and weight 7. Coloured it green and named it "Green Lance" (yeah I know, very original). He's a killing machine with that lance.

And seeing how in Path of Radiance, you get enough money to forge a weapon with max everything(except weight of course) about every chapter, it's possible to have your whole team be killing machines.

I was going to give all of them forged weapons, except I forgot the fact that you can forge only once each time you're in the base and only three of my characters have forged weapons, as of now...

I forge a weapon each chapter. That's the only way I can actually use all my money by Endgame.

I swear....you get way too much money in PoR....and it's awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I feel so bad for Makalov >.<

I'm one of only two people who have voted for him.

I don't see what's wrong with him, he's got good defenses, high luck, rather good attacking stats. Heck I remember throwing him out in the front lines to stop a thief from getting away with loot and he dodged nearly every attack thrown at him. Don't remember what level it was...

Wow I feel so bad for Makalov >.<

I'm one of only two people who have voted for him.

I don't see what's wrong with him, he's got good defenses, high luck, rather good attacking stats. Heck I remember throwing him out in the front lines to stop a thief from getting away with loot and he dodged nearly every attack thrown at him. Don't remember what level it was...

Most of us don't like him for his hair, his face, his gambling and drinking problems, and his laziness.

Most of us don't like him for his hair, his face, his gambling and drinking problems, and his laziness.

And yet that's why I love him.

He lacks the qualities of a traditional hero but he's got a charm to him.

I mean look at how he's attracted Astrid with little to no effort.

I find Geoffrey and Kieran to have rather flat personalities, it's all knightlyhood this and chivrily (spelled that wrong) that.

I have nothing against Oscar, Titania and Astrid. They take up my 4th, 3rd and 2nd favorites respectively.

But Makalov...he's just that guy you love to hate and hate to love ^.^

AND THE FACT THAT ASTRID WORSHIPS THAT LOSER! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? Such a waste of a good woman! *punches keyboard*

I voted for Titania. She does a good job of keeping everyone safe in the early chapters and still manages to keep up fairly well throughout the entire game.

Incidentally, I kind of like Makalov as a character, though I don't use him very often. =/

AND THE FACT THAT ASTRID WORSHIPS THAT LOSER! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!? Such a waste of a good woman! *punches keyboard*

Girls have fallen for worse. Then again....

And...."a waste of a good woman" sounds awfully....I can't describe it....

Edited by Fireman