Patch request

Uzma

Near the end of the game but I did realize that the ending wasn't translated. Does anyone know a patch that has translated it all?

There is none. But you can get translated ending scripts somewhere, IIRC.

Thanks for saying its FE4, btw. Why don't we just assume this is the case?

There is none. But you can get translated ending scripts somewhere, IIRC.

We really should link to that in the translation patch stick, methinks. I also don't remember where they are...

Edited by Navarre

Anyway, I'm sure this at least can help you a bit...

Not true, both Summerwolf and I worked on a translated script of it on FESS. Check out this thread and this thread, I think they will make you happy. :P

(Oh, don't click on the "Ending (Fate of each country, on the Map)" link, it's broken. Use the second link I posted on this post here at Serenes to get to this translation.)

So... why hasn't it been translated yet?

I had this theory. it's possible that the patch creators couldn't figure out how to put a particular video which changes depending on the situation. All the other untrnslated parts are like that. e.g. lover conversations depend on who's paired, the Oifaye scene depends on whether Oifaye is alive or not, the Edda scene depends on whether Claude was paired and with whom, the ending depends on who the children's parents were (father is variable), if any of the children are paired, and it also depends on certain things like whether

Arion died and if he was converted to a green unit or not

. So I'm guessing the patch creators didn't know how to translate those parts while still putting the same conditions. So they just left the lover conversations and the ending untransalted while the Oifaye scene and the Edda scene contained filler text that would appear regardless of whether or not the conditions were fulfilled.

I think it has more to do with Twilkitri being too busy to get around to finishing the patch. But it's been a while since I've seen anything from him, so who knows? =\

I think it has more to do with Twilkitri being too busy to get around to finishing the patch. But it's been a while since I've seen anything from him, so who knows? =\

Considering how he was all "FE4 is overrated!" and stuff last time I saw him, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually lost motivation.

Okay, maybe they could figure out how to get around that if they tried. But I think it's those requirements for the videos that pose the problem. You see, there isn't a single translated scene which would have different dialogues depending on the situation. Game mechanics are unchanged so there're no problems with Levin/Fin's children conversations since they can't even talk to the second gen kids unless they're their own child.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that not many people can here have enough motivation, can translate Japanese, and can make a proper patch for this. Would I be correct in assuming this?

Uh, I doubt the translators are the same people who create the patch. Translation is done. But I'm guessing you're right. There aren't much people who have the motivation to upgrade the patch.

Does anyone know if the source files for the patch reflect the latest version?

Yes, there is a source. Using Linux (or Cygwin) you can compile your own FE4 patch (and give all the characters silly names if you like :| ). From what I remember the current state of the program is it doesn't dump the ending text thus can't allow you to insert a new ending text or if it does, it is just too buggy.

To be honest when it comes to these sorts of games I'm okay with playing in Japanese and using a script translation. Usually playing RPGs like that is a pain but with the structure of FE4 I can use it as an opportunity to take a break from playing the game :lol: since the chunks of dialogue generally lie outside of the gameplay bits.

If I knew how to program patches, I would do it myself.

Btw, does anyone know where can I find the dialogue of Oifaye and the one of Edda?

The Edda convo can be found in this big FE4 scripts topic I made a few minutes ago.

As for the Levin/Oifaye/Celice convo, I dunno where it is myself (I wasn't the one who translated it), and am searching it too.

Edited by AceNoctali

I once found those conversations. Unfortunately I can't remember where. I'm sure there was nothing significant in any of those two conversations. In the Edda scene, they just mention how Claude's children are gonna be in charge of Edda.

I once found those conversations. Unfortunately I can't remember where. I'm sure there was nothing significant in any of those two conversations. In the Edda scene, they just mention how Claude's children are gonna be in charge of Edda.

Dunno if you read my answer just above yours, but :

The Edda convo can be found in this big FE4 scripts topic I made a few minutes ago.

EDIT : My bad, I just realized I wrote the wrong URL in the link. Corrected now.

Edited by AceNoctali