A message to Serenes Forest Moderators/Administrators

Raven

To the Moderators and Administrators of Serenes Forest,

If I do not complete a minimum of five hundred (500) words of my thousand word report on "An Introduction to Health and Safety Legislation" by 12:00pm GMT, please suspend my Serenes Forest account for a minimum of 24 hours.

Regards,

Raven

P.S. I'm serious.

Edited by Raven

There's actually a program you can download that disables the your computer's internet accessing capabilities completely for any specified time period you input. May want to look into that.

But more relevant to this topic:

1000 words? Seriously? I jizz and a thousand words come out. Come on.

5 hours and 20 minutes from now.

This is about the fifth 1000 word report in five weeks we've been given. There's no sign of it letting up. Oh well, best try to do something.

Also, I'll post here if I've managed to do 500 words. I shall not lie, honest. : D

I counted these words between 12:05 and 12:10pm:

p1: 283

p2: 345

p3: 72

Total so far: 700

: D

I survived...

Considering I didn't really put my foot down until 10:30, I reckon I've done pretty good. I'm 200 words away from the 900 word minimum allowed for this report. Maximum word limit is 1100.

Woo. Time for some food.

Did I mention anywhere that this damn thing has to be handwritten? I would have used good old wordcount otherwise, and would no doubt be writing much faster, too.

Lecturer wants all of them to be handwritten. Not sure of his reasons.

At least you have legible handwriting, I hope. XD

i'm not sure about everybody else, but somewhere around my third page, my handwriting has gotten so horrible that even i have problems reading what i wrote

:mellow:

Edited by Ananke

i'm not sure about everybody else, but somewhere around my third page, my handwriting has gotten so horrible that even i have problems reading what i wrote

:mellow:

I'll tell you a secret about myself. My handwriting has not changed since elementary school, aside from the fact that now I do some weird.. letter merge thing without meaning to.

It's like a cross between the handwriting of some batshit insane serial killer and a toddler. I have been asked "What language is that?" on more than one occasion.

Thank fuck for keyboards.

Lol. I have no problems reading my writing, since I am actually getting out of my handwriting and going more into writing each letter individually. Although force of habit sometimes has me going into my handwriting from time to time - particularly the word "the", lol.

Did I mention anywhere that this damn thing has to be handwritten? I would have used good old wordcount otherwise, and would no doubt be writing much faster, too.

Lecturer wants all of them to be handwritten. Not sure of his reasons.

Because it makes it easier to plagiarize without getting caught? Most schools have plagiarism scanners now, so he's doing you a favor :3

That, or he is stupid and thinks this will prevent copy & pasting. Too bad it won't prevent old fashioned copying.

BTW How to ban yourself:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\

Open "Hosts" in... what is "Kladblok" in English? Eh, I'll look that up later.

Add: 127.0.0.1 www.serenesforest.net

I'll tell you a secret about myself. My handwriting has not changed since elementary school, aside from the fact that now I do some weird.. letter merge thing without meaning to.

It's like a cross between the handwriting of some batshit insane serial killer and a toddler. I have been asked "What language is that?" on more than one occasion.

Thank fuck for keyboards.

You're just like me, a little bit. Mines been shitty since elementary school with little improvement.

That would be Notepad.

Also, awesome thing that you speak Dutch. ;)

Not speaking Dutch is kinda inconvenient if you're from The Netherlands (or Flanders) :)

And yes, it was Notepad, thanks!

Because it makes it easier to plagiarize without getting caught? Most schools have plagiarism scanners now, so he's doing you a favor :3

That, or he is stupid and thinks this will prevent copy & pasting. Too bad it won't prevent old fashioned copying.

BTW How to ban yourself:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\

Open "Hosts" in... what is "Kladblok" in English? Eh, I'll look that up later.

Add: 127.0.0.1 www.serenesforest.net

Hmm, what exactly would that do? I'm not using the University's computer right now - I'm using my own laptop in my room, lol.

127.0.0.1 is the IP adress used for a loopback network connection. It sends you right back to your own system.

Add that 127.0.0.1 www.serenesforest.net and you won't be able to access serenesforest (or whatever URL you put there) until you remove it. It won't work on school computers since those usually don't let you access any system files (and if they do... well, you can think of something fun).

Edited by Tamara