A new all-in-one GBA graphics and palette editor

Nintenlord

I can get it to start, but then theres some weird colours at the top of the box and i cant edit anything

Nevermind about this, im at the wrong offset thingy. By the way, is there some sort of list of offsets and matching characters? i googled but i couldn't find anything

Edited by Sealed Sword

Think you can give me a pic. of what I am looking for?

I just can't figure it out...

You open the ROM in hex editor and look around, trying stuff.

Whenever I enter in the value offset for image control it automatically goes to 1743. Should it not be doing that? If so what should it be at?
It should do that.
Also, ya I've had trouble with "Read-only" but it wasn't on when I tried. And also I made sure I hit it as soon as I changed the colour. I did notice a subtle difference in the look of his armor though. It's a bit blurry now.

And If able I just wanted to change Eliwood to Blue hair black armor and Hector red hair black armor. So if you could help me figure it out that would be great.

Right now I'm just using a 1998 Fe7 Rom non edited (besides with the editor of course). So I don't see how anything could interfere with it either.

a) You need to edit the correct colour. What colour did you edit? The colours you need to edit with portraits are all in thefirst 16 colours.

b) 1997 is FE8 ROM and FE7 is 1235. What ROM are you talking about.

Nevermind about this, im at the wrong offset thingy. By the way, is there some sort of list of offsets and matching characters? i googled but i couldn't find anything

I have no idea about what you mean with "matching characters", but you can find all portrait related offsets in with Portrait Editor Module.

I have no idea about what you mean with "matching characters", but you can find all portrait related offsets in with Portrait Editor Module.

By matching characters, i pretty much meant what you said, the portrait related offsets. just didn't know how to phrase it right ;) Thanks for explaining it though

Update: I pretty much know exactly what I'm doing now, thanks Nintenlord!

Edited by Sealed Sword

Define "everything".

How big of a gap is there between each palatte?

I've looked in there looking for palette's under E02000 and the other number.

I haven't found any palette's.

Everything = Characters palatte's not overly far below that number.

Soryy for these questions I just have a hard time understanding things in words.

Right, havin a bit of a problem with Sacred Stones offsets. I copy the Main Portrait Pointer from the Nightmare module, and paste it into the Image Offset, but nothing come up. works for mini portraits, though. Grr.....

Nevermind, figured out the problem above, But you wouldn't happen to know Rath's pallete offset for the Japanese version of FE7 would you?

Edited by Sealed Sword

How big of a gap is there between each palatte?

I've looked in there looking for palette's under E02000 and the other number.

I haven't found any palette's.

Everything = Characters palatte's not overly far below that number.

Soryy for these questions I just have a hard time understanding things in words.

The gap is not constant aka it varies/changes. Every pointer is compressed and has the same decompressed size, so every palette starts with 10800000 in hex. The palette's in E02000 pointer table are default palette's, character specific palette's are at FD8000.

Nevermind, figured out the problem above, But you wouldn't happen to know Rath's pallete offset for the Japanese version of FE7 would you?

Nope, but it takes around the same amount of time to figure out as to write this post, so by the time you finish reading this post, I will have it: D1DDC0.

Nope, but it takes around the same amount of time to figure out as to write this post, so by the time you finish reading this post, I will have it: D1DDC0.

Thanks ;)

Edited by Sealed Sword

• 2 months later...

New releases:

V 2.0

-Added TSA editing and viewing support

-Added support for GBA Bitmap graphics modes

-Rewrote most of the source, hopefully fixing all old bugs

-Added icon made by mystery.

V 2.1

-Fixed a bug relating to changing offset with +/- Block/Line/Screen.

-Fixed a bug that crashes the app when no compressed offsets are found.

-Made compressed options become unabled when data can't be decompressed.

TSA support means you can edit the things like battle screen or backgrounds more easily:

TSAview.png

TSAtest.png

Enjoy.

Edited by Nintenlord

• 6 months later...

i'm having trouble downloading the file the site it takes me to doesn't have a download could some one tell me what i am doing wrong?

Did you register?

Also, you just necroposted BIG time. D:

• 3 years later...