Has Anyone tried to hyrule temple jump with Ike?

Blue Knight

The Hyrule Temple jump is basically a jump (no wai) from the far right side of Temple, down to the small circular platform at the bottom, like so.

htjumpuq9.jpg

Every character can do this particular jump, and a certain few with good recovery techniques (Kirby, Jigglypuff, Link (with bomb help)) can perform the jump shown on the left. These can both be done in reverse (jumping from the circular platform up to the right side) with some characters. (like those mentioned above) This is aptly named the "Reverse Hyrule Jump."

Keep in mind that it takes a bit of practice to get this down so that you could do it regularly in a normal match, as some jumps require precise timing.

Out of boredom, I did it with every characer earlier. Ike only took a couple tries, Ganondorf was definitely the hardest...

And that was Hyrule Jumping 101. Any questions? Go ask Professor Google after class.

My more favorite one is the reverse hyrule temple jump, which is the temple jump backwards. IIRC the one where you go under the platform thing is harder to do than the temple jump, and with some characters the backwards temple jump. I wasn't able to do it with anyone.

I know Toon Link can do all four jumps. So long as you use bombs anyway. Grab a bomb, then start the jump and use his recovery. The bomb should detonate while you perform it, allowing you to do a second recovery.

another reason my friend died was because he is terrible. He smashed the sandbag and it hit the barriar and went the other way.

Are you talking about the Homerun contest?

I just did it with all characters (including transformations) and I was able to do ALL 4 with:

Wario

Toon Link

Pit

R.O.B.

Kirby

Lucario

Snake

Yup. Lucario can do all 4. It was really hard to get the right wall clings, but I did it.

• 2 weeks later...