Dark Mages?

I said would, not could, :rolleyes: which means I did not find one worth turning into a dark mage :P

Draug's not doing any good as an armor knight and Ceasar's having trouble up frontlining with the big boys. Draug is lightning fast as a mage, Ceasar's a pretty tough one. Both are pretty good as them.

Draug kicked ass in my game, he was virtually untouchable and he held out against all the reinforcements coming from the south in the final chapter on his own. I left Caesar out of my team, I liked Ogma better. Maybe on my next playthrough I'll try turning him into a Dark Mage ;)

Edited by Taho

Draug kicked ass in my game, he was virtually untouchable and he held out against all the reinforcements coming from the south in the final chapter on his own. I left Caesar out of my team, I liked Ogma better. Maybe on my next playthrough I'll try turning him into a Dark Mage ;)

Final chapter's not hard. At all. He's got ok defense for a general, but his offense is unforgiveable as one. As a dark mage, he's gonna double quite freaquently fast, and double blasting with magic is tasty. He's not exactly gonna be durable anymore, but neither is any mage not Maric. If you're gonna play normal mode, his durability isn't needed and would prefer the magic and teh faster speed.

As for Ceasar, he's actually better as a dark mage than as a mercenary. As a mercenary, he's basically a mini-Oguma. As a dark mage however, he's basically what dark mages stand as. Tougher, and having actual strength to lift heavier tomes before promotion without speed loss. His problem is he isn't gonna be fast for a bit, but it'll be compensated by actually able to lift heavier stronger tomes without worry of AS loss. When promotion comes around, his speed is just fine and he'll be blowing shit up while able to take shots. Dark Mage Ceasar's not too bad.

Kashim's only weapon option is a bow, he's an archer.

Castor promotes to a horseman. He's not an archer. Neither is Astrid.

Wolt is by no means a horrible character either. He's bad, sure, but not horrible. Don't see why people like his mother Rebecca but not Wolt.

Castor promotes to a horseman. He's not an archer. Neither is Astrid.

Wolt is by no means a horrible character either. He's bad, sure, but not horrible. Don't see why people like his mother Rebecca but not Wolt.

Its probably because Klein could do everything he could without the pain of leveling him up. Plus, he gets HM bonuses.

You're outclassed by the generic enemy archer in chapter 1. That's pretty bad.