Couple of questions about the Crusaders

Kriemhild

I was kinda bored. Most of these questions are pretty pointless but I'm interested in knowing the answers.

1. The twelve "gods" from other worlds came and gave the twelve warriors holy blood and made them Crusaders. If that's the case, then where did they get their holy weapons from? Were they also created by those twelve "gods"?

2. Why is it that all the Crusaders except Heim and Sety share the exact same name as the "god" that gave them their holy blood? Or were all the gods' names unknown except for Holsety and Narga?

3. Among the twelve Crusaders, Noba is female. Are any of the others female? Maybe Ulir or Fala? Most of the legendary heroes from other FE games were all male (except Hanon and St. Elimine of FE7).

4. Crusader Hezul was from Agustria. Then why aren't those of Hezul blood ruling Agustria? Why is it that Eltshan only rules Nodion while Shagall (who has no holy blood) rules over the entire country and has more authority than Hezul's direct descendant? Did Crusader Hezul give the country to some other guy?

5. Crusaders Heim, Baldo, Ulir, Blagi, Tordo, Fala, and Neir all ended up in one country with Crusader Heim at the highest position. Why didn't they break it into seven different countries? And even if they wanted to be united as one, why weren't the other five included as well? I could understand Dain and Noba being in the same country originally but how are these seven connected? Were they really close buddies or something?

6. Why didn't any of the Crusaders take Verdane? It could have easily been part of another country.

For all the questions where I'll say "I dunno", maybe there's an answer in the Treasure Book : unfortunately, that's one of the rare FE goodies still eluding me, so I can't talk for this one and will base myself on what other sources I had the chances to get my hands into.

1) According to the game script, the Dragon Gods, after having made the blood ritual with each of the Crusaders, entrusted them with the Holy Weapons and a few precepts before leaving.

2) I dunno.

3) Check out the two pictures of this page of my website.

But, short answer just in case : of all the 12 Crusaders, only Noba, Fala and Ulir were female.

4) I dunno.

My personnal guess is that Hezul preferred to give the throne to someone else and protect him from Nodion instead, but I have no source to confirm this opinion, so I'll stay on my "I dunno" line.

5) I dunno.

6) I dunno.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure you'll find a lot of infos about the Crusaders. There's not a lot of extremely detailed backstory around them.

4) I recall something about Eltoshan refuses to rule Agustria, despite having the Hezul lineage. But maybe this is just me. >.>

2. Why is it that all the Crusaders except Heim and Sety share the exact same name as the "god" that gave them their holy blood? Or were all the gods' names unknown except for Holsety and Narga?
Well if the case is that God name = name there's also the fact that they could've just changed their name in accordance to the God. :|

For all the questions where I'll say "I dunno", maybe there's an answer in the Treasure Book : unfortunately, that's one of the rare FE goodies still eluding me, so I can't talk for this one and will base myself on what other sources I had the chances to get my hands into.

1) According to the game script, the Dragon Gods, after having made the blood ritual with each of the Crusaders, entrusted them with the Holy Weapons and a few precepts before leaving.

I see. So the weapons were also created by the gods. Thanks.

3) Check out the two pictures of this page of my website.

But, short answer just in case : of all the 12 Crusaders, only Noba, Fala and Ulir were female.

That picture was also why I thought Ulir and Fala were female.

4) I dunno.

My personnal guess is that Hezul preferred to give the throne to someone else and protect him from Nodion instead, but I have no source to confirm this opinion, so I'll stay on my "I dunno" line.

Interesting. I never thought of that.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure you'll find a lot of infos about the Crusaders. There's not a lot of extremely detailed backstory around them.

That's what prevented me from knowing these answers sooner.

2) The Fire God is actually Salamando. Levin says it in the Epilogue.

So, the plot thickens.

Really? But in the blood circle of FE4 Character Data, they wrote "Fala" instead of "Salamando" but "Narga" instead of "Heim". Maybe they made a mistake? Maybe the Crusaders never shared the same name as the gods.

4) I recall something about Eltoshan refuses to rule Agustria, despite having the Hezul lineage. But maybe this is just me. >.>

But then there's this dialogue in the end of Ch 2. Eltshan: "I did, Sigurd. I saved the king. He is all that's left of Agustrian royalty."

So it wasn't Eltshan who first refused the throne. It must have happened with one of his ancestors, probably even Hezul.

Well if the case is that God name = name there's also the fact that they could've just changed their name in accordance to the God. :|

Could be. Heim and Sety (and maybe Fala as well) just didn't want to change their name.

Normally in any culture, Gods are named by the people who believe in them. It just so happened that Narga, Salamand, and Holsety might have had the opportunity to actually tell the Crusader their names. Every other 'god' with a blank face would have been named after perhaps the holy weapon.

Well, even if Hezul or one of his descendants refused the throne of Agustria,

the throne eventually goes to Aless in the end of FE4 and thus, it is returned to Hezul's descendant.

I wasn't disagreeing. More wordly, I don't find it unlikely that those lands weren't claimed because they were a large forest. :<

You can say thats true, since at the end of FE4, its stated that

"Even under the Empire’s despotic reign, Verdane wasn’t taken into account, and was abandoned. From everywhere, clans were in permanent strife, public order was disrupted, and bands of brigands rampaged."

So in all honesty, nobody cares about Verdane

Edited by JacenPrime

Maybe Verdane is improductive, the Barbarians roam free there and are more abudant than other countries.

Heck, the game starts because the jackass prince invades another country and kidnaps Aideen

Edited by Kenshiro

Heck, the game starts because the jackass prince invades another country and kidnaps Midayle.

XD

But IIRC, some villagers said that Verdane isn't that bad before Sandima comes. But yeah, nothing much you can expect from the land of barbarians.

Maybe Verdane is improductive, the Barbarians roam free there and are more abudant than other countries.

Heck, the game starts because the jackass prince invades another country and kidnaps Midayle.

Funny thing is, they probably think he's a women like Adeen. :lol:

So, the empire didn't bother with Verdane? Didn't know that. I hadn't thought that Verdan was a very important country in Judgral (probably because its forgotten about after chapter 1).

They do in Fujimori's manga.

So, the empire didn't bother with Verdane? Didn't know that. I hadn't thought that Verdan was a very important country in Judgral (probably because its forgotten about after chapter 1).

I do distinctly remember that, if you pair Jamka, his child(ren) go back to Verdane and fight against the rampaging barbarians. So, yeah. Probably ignored.

XD
They do in Fujimori's manga.

Give me a break, I also mistook him for a woman when I first played.

But yeah, Verdane is the proof that no-holy blood will let you go nowhere.