What's the deal?

Why is it that every other day the site seems to feel the need to go kerplunk for an hour? Is there a way to fix it or something? It's really kind of annoying that after I finish writing some long post or PM that the entire site shuts down and I lose that.

Plus it's irksome if I'm having a conversation with someone. What exactly is the deal with this? It's been happening far too frequently.

Suggestion: When you're writing a long post, open up notepad and save everything before posting.

This. It's a fact of life, man.

Though I use Firefox and that helps prevent the loss of a post, so long as I don't close the tab. :X

Suggestion: When you're writing a long post, open up notepad and save everything before posting.

That's usually what I do....when I'm on a computer.

The wii doesn't have notepad. :x

So the downtime's been pretty inconveinent for me lately.

MSN is your friend :D

also you can wait an hr it doesn't matter besides, if they are updating the site or something let them be its their site not ours

FEU has infected SF with the fucked up server herps.

But as mentioned already, you can use notepad, Firefox, or MSN to get around your problem. I'm sure whatever issues there may be will be resolved eventually, but that time doesn't seem to be too near being as it's supposed to be working fine now.

Still, it's not really about the posts getting lost. It's just kinda annoying that the forums crap out once every two days for as long as 3 hours. It forces me to do something else with my time. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE A LIFE!!!

Still, it's not really about the posts getting lost. It's just kinda annoying that the forums crap out once every two days for as long as 3 hours. It forces me to do something else with my time. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE A LIFE!!!

yeah this basically. it gets really old when one of the few times i get on durring the day is when we have a hour to three hour downtime

When did this happen? You're the only one who's said anything to me about it.

It happens like. All the time. And it happened yesterday, which resulted in this topic.

When did this happen? You're the only one who's said anything to me about it.

It happens fairly often. Often enough that it can be counted on to happen.

This also happens with the main site too.

What message do you get when it happens? A timeout, or just a blank white page?

Timeout

The page cannot be displaye

IP Error or whatever the letters are

I actually got an error that the domain expired yesterday. Very weird.

Or something that it was unavailable. Crucial Domains or something.

Edited by Aless the Black Knight

Sounds like there might be a problem with the place I bought the domains from. We'll see if it fixes itself. If not, I'll check into it.

It happened to me sometimes as well. It gives the same message that I see whenever the Internet gets disconnected and yet, the other sites work fine.

Sounds like there might be a problem with the place I bought the domains from. We'll see if it fixes itself. If not, I'll check into it.
psst. domains don't cause timeouts unless you bought them from insane-o-shit cheap places.

check /var/log/apache2/error.log.

Yeah I know about the error logs, but the problem is nobody's giving me a time of when it occurred.