What's the deal?

It occurs whenever it feels like doing it, from what I've seen.

Bullshit.

I personally have never experienced one of those apparant downtimes, but the problem must lie somewhere in the host, I suppose.

Actually it might've been someone trying to exploit us. In which case, fuck them, haha. Blocked their IP.

Actually it might've been someone trying to exploit us. In which case, fuck them, haha.

If that's true, then that's awesome, because we can at least have a laugh at their failed attempts.

If that's true, then that's awesome, because we can at least have a laugh at their failed attempts.

Yeah I was right, they were trying to exploit us. They didn't get very far, outside of kinda DoS'ing us.

Yeah I was right, they were trying to exploit us. They didn't get very far, outside of kinda DoS'ing us.

I don't know what "DoS" means, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the server, which I think the "S" stands for.

It means Denial of Service. It basically means they clogged the pipes by requesting from the server too much, and thus it appeared as though the server was down.

That wasn't their intention, their intention was to gain unauthorized access. That, they failed at. The DoS was a side effect.

"My evil plot is foiled, curse you vile Jyo"

I don't understand why anyone would bother with this site (not meant to be offensive, I mean I don't see what point there is in going after a Fire Emblem fansite), so, time for a witch hunt?

I don't understand why anyone would bother with this site (not meant to be offensive, I mean I don't see what point there is in going after a Fire Emblem fansite), so, time for a witch hunt?

There probably was no point. I've seen forums get hacked by (bored) trolls for shits and giggles.

There's a lot of things that can't be understood from a sane person's perspective.

Why do people create viruses to infect the average household computer?

There's a lot of things that can't be understood from a sane person's perspective.

Why do people create viruses to infect the average household computer?

A) Because they're sadistic.

B) To practice before they get on making that supervirus to take over the world's greatest computers.