• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the magic itself doesn't suck, unless we are talking about FE8, but it is actually a little bit decent in FE6 & 7, the Hit rate of the tomes aren't so low when they range between 70% (FE6) and 75% (FE7), the MT is also high, it is good, it's just that the dark magic users available aren't too good. But Athos, he is great.

Didn't understand what I said before.

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

Well, the magic itself doesn't suck, unless we are talking about FE8, but it is actually a little bit decent in FE6 & 7, the Hit rate of the tomes aren't so low when they range between 70% (FE6) and 75% (FE7), the MT is also high, it is good, it's just that the dark magic users available aren't too good. But Athos, he is great.

Didn't understand what I said before.

There's also the fact that the ultimate dark tomes tend to suck. Gespenst? lol 20 weight. Gleipnir? See Gespenst, and add that it doesn't even get effective bonus vs. monsters. Balberith? An inaccurate weapon on a character who can't hit the side of a barn... You can see where I'm going with this. Apocalypse? ...I'd rather not bother with having someone to use it just because of how fail FE6's shamans are.

Likes Micaiah.

Edited by Richter Renard

Yes, dark magic sucks in FE10, but Pelleas isn't bad. It's the other way around in the GBA series, although, I have to admit Ray isn't too bad, Apocalypse also ranked first in one of the polls of the best S rank weapon, it onerounds mamuketes, wyerns and lolIdoun due to both Ray & Sophiya having high Mag, don't forget it's also kinda light in comparison to later dark tomes, it weighs 12 and has 18 +5 Mag bonus.

Made an understatement.

Yes, dark magic sucks in FE10, but Pelleas isn't bad. It's the other way around in the GBA series, although, I have to admit Ray isn't too bad, Apocalypse also ranked first in one of the polls of the best S rank weapon, it onerounds mamuketes, wyerns and lolIdoun due to both Ray & Sophiya having high Mag, don't forget it's also kinda light in comparison to later dark tomes, it weighs 12 and has 18 +5 Mag bonus.

Made an understatement.

Too bad that with how bad shamans in FE6 are, it's almost not even worth the trouble. Wyverns? You mean those crappy resistance guys that i could easily one-round with Aircalibur? And mamkutes? I can just have two magic users gang up on them. Bam. Problem solved. Idoun? All I need is Roy. And as for Pelleas... Make that "rather mediocre for all the babying he needs".

Posts in comic sans and green.

Edited by Richter Renard