WEP key

Can you guys/girls help me on finding my WEP key?

On some sites, they say it is on the bottom...where? There is about 5 different arrangements of numbers and letters in all of them. Also, none of them are 10-digit codes.

I have an ARRIS TM5O2G, so if anyone has this, can you please tell me the default key, to see if that still works?

The man who "fixed" my computer locked up the security on my router.

The reason for the question: I want DS Wi-Fi dammit!

Edited by FEFL

Usually, I think they are 10-digit numbers. Hey, like show us a picture of the numbers and we could be able to help out. But yeah, usually, they are 10 digit numbers.

incorrect. This is bad.

The WEP key is there for a reason, it's a security thing which you shouldn't give out to random people over the internet. Also, the WEP keys are either encoded with 16 bit or 32 bit encryptions. They can use hex code, so it's 0-9 and A-F for the codes. The 10 digit is the less secure 16 bit encryption, but anyway, DO NOT give these out to other people. It should be in the hands of the people who are in control of your network. There is no default WEP key, it's created by the person who configured the router for that network. And if a company did it, they would have given you the WEP key.

If you live with and your router is owned by your parents, just simply ask them. They should have it.

Edited by Reimi Saionji

incorrect. This is bad.

The WEP key is there for a reason, it's a security thing which you shouldn't give out to random people over the internet. Also, the WEP keys are either encoded with 16 bit or 32 bit encryptions. They can use hex code, so it's 0-9 and A-F for the codes. The 10 digit is the less secure 16 bit encryption, but anyway, DO NOT give these out to other people. It should be in the hands of the people who are in control of your network. There is no default WEP key, it's created by the person who configured the router for that network. And if a company did it, they would have given you the WEP key.

If you live with and your router is owned by your parents, just simply ask them. They should have it.

Hm, thanks.

How many digits does the 32-bit encryption have? There is quite a few differents groups of numbers on the bottom, but they are all different.

About the bolded...my mom doesn't know it. She doesn't know much about computers at all, no one of my family does (including me).

I'm guessing my WEP key is the same as before, but the guy who fixed our computer just locked it up for us.

If someone came to your house to set up your router, he may perhaps have left a sticker on it which has the WEP key written on it. Regardless of whether or not that's the case, someone in your family must have received it even if that individual wasn't sure of its title or purpose.

incorrect. This is bad.

Ah shit, I forgotten it was a safely issue with that. My bad, didn't mean no harm.

If you have the password to the router, you can reset the WEP key to something else yourself. But then you'd have to configure all the computers to use that new WEP key.

If you have the password to the router, you can reset the WEP key to something else yourself. But then you'd have to configure all the computers to use that new WEP key.

You can find your router's IP with google pretty easily. The username and password to your router are defaulted to

user: admin

pass:

pass is nothing.

You can find your router's IP with google pretty easily. The username and password to your router are defaulted to

user: admin

pass:

pass is nothing.

sometimes the password can be just "password".