Should this go on the main site?

General Spoon

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tauro posted a map like that on FESS a while back. Why not just ask him if you can use the one he made?
Since we're back here (meaning the data loss), this seems a good time to bring this up again.

Speaking of the Lost Woods map I made:

LostForestMap.png

Do you guys on SF want to use it?

I was actually thinking of designing a more "graphical" map, but I've been way too lazy...

If you don't mind (and hopefully I'm not sounding disrespectful), I could use your map as a placeholder until I finish my map. Although chances are I'll either never even attempt it or I'll take forever ^^;;;

• 1 month later...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/570647/25411

There isn't a Lost Woods map on the main site, and this is one. Why not put it up?

This world map of Fire Emblem 4 Geanology of Holy Wars is made by me.

FireEmblem4Map.jpg

just copy and patch when on map(thanks to the savestates of SNES emulator SNES9x)

(it's big!)

On the mainsite, FE4 page is missed World Map! I think you should use this (=O.^=)

I'm pretty sure the height to width ratio is wrong on that map.

In any case, I've been meaning to get the FE4 World Map up. I have tons of other stuff that I need to do before that though.

This world map of Fire Emblem 4 Geanology of Holy Wars is made by me.

FireEmblem4Map.jpg

just copy and patch when on map(thanks to the savestates of SNES emulator SNES9x)

(it's big!)

On the mainsite, FE4 page is missed World Map! I think you should use this (=O.^=)

I wonder why admin do not take this FE4's map to go on the main site...isn't it missed the World Map?

Edited by witfox

I appreciate the help, but the map is stretched out of proportion (the easiest way to tell is the text is stretched horizontally). That's what I meant about the height to width ratio being wrong.

I'd prefer to have the map with the correct ratio.

I appreciate the help, but the map is stretched out of proportion (the easiest way to tell is the text is stretched horizontally). That's what I meant about the height to width ratio being wrong.

I'd prefer to have the map with the correct ratio.

Is it?

I use SNES9x, turn off some lay out (button 1 2 3 4) to have the full of a part of map...then i combine it to a complete map like this (i use button printscreen, when the pointer move to another point that show a part of map, savestates and print screen...when the pointer is stop printscreen....that's the way i make this map) i make sure this map is absolutely at its right size! If you want, i can resize it (=O.^=)

I'm Vietnamese, English is not my mother langauge (ofcourse) and not even my second language, so please excuse for my poor English and awful grammar (=^.^=)

I'm definitely sure the ratio is wrong.

Could you upload a regular screenshot from your game so that I may see it? I doubt you've played the whole game with the wrong ratio, but it's not completely impossible ^^;;;

Also, you must have taken a screenshot with the map at its non-default size. If you zoom in, you can see the map has anti-aliasing present, which makes it blurry - this isn't a bad thing when you're playing, but it is for ripping images.

For instance, here's the in-game world map from Thracia 776 at its default resolution and size. If you zoom in, you can see the pixels clearly since there's no anti-aliasing.

Edited by VincentASM

I'm definitely sure the ratio is wrong.

Could you upload a regular screenshot from your game so that I may see it? I doubt you've played the whole game with the wrong ratio, but it's not completely impossible ^^;;;

Also, you must have taken a screenshot with the map at its non-default size. If you zoom in, you can see the map has anti-aliasing present, which makes it blurry - this isn't a bad thing when you're playing, but it is for ripping images.

For instance, here's the in-game world map from Thracia 776 at its default resolution and size. If you zoom in, you can see the pixels clearly since there's no anti-aliasing.

OK, no problem

RawFE4Worldmap.png

then i crop it...it's hard for me to describe it in English...(i don't know how to rip, just an amateur)

Edited by witfox

Sorry for the late-ish reply.

You are indeed playing with the screen ratio wrong. You can check the original screen ratio by going to "Window" and switch off "Stretch Image". I don't know how to keep the correct ratio with the image stretched though.

In any case, I asked an assistant of mine to work on the world map, so you don't need to worry about doing a new one ^^

Sorry for the late-ish reply.

You are indeed playing with the screen ratio wrong. You can check the original screen ratio by going to "Window" and switch off "Stretch Image". I don't know how to keep the correct ratio with the image stretched though.

In any case, I asked an assistant of mine to work on the world map, so you don't need to worry about doing a new one ^^

It's OK!

So, if i copy this map and paste in WinWord, then i edit its size to the correct ratio. Is it a right work? (i'm not good at English...)

So, if i copy this map and paste in WinWord, then i edit its size to the correct ratio. Is it a right work? (i'm not good at English...)

You could do that.

However, I wouldn't recommend it since the emulator has altered the image in such a way that it's impossible to recover the "original" image. It's okay for general usage, but not for rips.

Since a rip is a rip... would it be an issue to use/alter one from an unknown source (maybe ChinaFE, but I can't remember)?

jugdral.png

I guess you can do the cropping if you're interested...

For rips, I'd prefer if they came from known sources. Otherwise you don't know for sure whether they've done everything correctly or if they've already altered things (for instance, many other FE4 maps have lots of sloppy doctoring going on).

The only thing missing from the current map on the site is the very top of the map (and a bit of the sides), but I'm assuming most people don't care about that. Also, the gridding can be easily removed (but I figured it would be better to keep them).

Edited by VincentASM