Differences in my game?

WoDao

I recently purchased this fine game from Ebay, it arrived just the other day and i began playing it on the Gameboy player, and I noticed a few things that seemed a little off. First is when a unit gains a level, the "level up!" graphic is alot less spectacular than what I've seen in videos and on ROMs (exactly like FE6's actually), also characters sometimes refer to the territories Laus as "Lahus" and Bern as "Beran". Finally the myrmidon critical seems alot faster than it should be. Minor things I know, but I'm just wondering if this is an early copy of the game or something, or far worse, bootlegged (extremely well)? Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I've not seen it anywhere... :mellow:

What shape is the golden Nintendo Seal of Quality on the cartridge's sticker? Circular or elliptical?

Is there a Language Select screen?

Edited by Raven

The seal is circular and it has a language selection screen with 3 to choose from (English, French and German). It worked ok when I connected it to Path of Radiance for the trial map and illustrations, so I think it's all good. Still, it says "Biran" when characters are talking to one another, and "Bern" elsewhere (story map screen and stuff) :huh:

The seal is circular and it has a language selection screen with 3 to choose from (English, French and German). It worked ok when I connected it to Path of Radiance for the trial map and illustrations, so I think it's all good. Still, it says "Biran" when characters are talking to one another, and "Bern" elsewhere (story map screen and stuff) :huh:

That confirms it. It's the European version.

It's European, then. American version has no Language Select (English only), and their seal is elliptical.

As for being called Biran instead of Bern, I'll have to play through the game on my cart again to confirm it, as I never really noticed, myself.