• Igrene
    • Garret
    • Douglas
    • Niime
    • Dayan
    • Juno
    • Yodel
    • Karel

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals has a few good pre-promotes, who is your favorite?

Or who do you think is the best?

I'll have to say either Igrene or Niime, Niime is not as bad people make her seem she is, but I'll vote for Igrene for avability and because she easily surpases level 3 sniper Wolt. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order from go(o)d to terribad.

Percival

Echidna

Marcus

Zealot

Cecilia

Niime

Garret

Bartre

Klein

Dayan

Igrene

Douglas

Yodel

Karel

Juno

Edited by Mekkah

Percival, no contest. Basically arrives to outperform every other cav in the game just by showing up.

Echidna and Klein get honorable mentions, Garret can be a crit machine with his supports to act like a half-backed Othin.

Percival is the best, but I voted for Echidna because she's awesome as well and I like her more. (And she probably wouldn't get many votes otherwise)

But Mekkah, is Klein really worse than Marcus and Zealot? Marcus maybe, but Zealot...

Mekkah, your list is missing Douglas. I'm guessing he's near Karel, though.

As for me, Percival is possibly the best in the long run, with most of the others having niche uses here and there ( Except maybe Yuuno. Seriously? 11 strength? At least Dayan has effectiveness vs. Dragonmasters and the speed to double a few of them ).

Remember Klein is in the worst class in the game, while Zealot is in the best. Not only does this give him better durability through WTC, but he can also use his mobility and rescuing and all to be helpful outside of combat. Also, he has a longer period where he is beating nearly every other unit stat-wise - he's arguably better than Marcus for the time both are there. And when Klein joins, Echidna does as well, which hurts his case as mini-Jeigan further.

Details of the list don't really matter though. Some of them have misc uses, such as Douglas being a walking Light Rune, and Dayan being able to ORKO 95% of the enemies (namely wyverns) in Ch21, but for the most part, anyone below Niime isn't worth fielding.

Percival, hands down.

He is absolute hot shit never fails me and can always stay on par with my other paladins.

A little annoying to recruit, though.

In order from go(o)d to terribad.

Percival

Echidna

Marcus

Zealot

Cecilia

Niime

Garret

Bartre

Klein

Dayan

Igrene

Douglas

Yodel

Karel

Juno

Incredible Karel is in your lower tier, he has quite good stats and growths.

Right, right, I will use over Rutger, and over Fir too since I never promoted her :( .

What the?

Percival, no contest. Zealot's only use is to rescue units. Niime and Yodel at least had good level on Staves

Remember Klein is in the worst class in the game, while Zealot is in the best. Not only does this give him better durability through WTC, but he can also use his mobility and rescuing and all to be helpful outside of combat. Also, he has a longer period where he is beating nearly every other unit stat-wise - he's arguably better than Marcus for the time both are there. And when Klein joins, Echidna does as well, which hurts his case as mini-Jeigan further.

Details of the list don't really matter though. Some of them have misc uses, such as Douglas being a walking Light Rune, and Dayan being able to ORKO 95% of the enemies (namely wyverns) in Ch21, but for the most part, anyone below Niime isn't worth fielding.

Zealot is uneeded. I can get through the chapters following his without a problem. However, trying to get through the first couple chapters without Marcus is hilarious. That and at least Klein can become something resembling a unit...

Am I the only one who thinks Douglas doesn't get the respect he deserves? Come on people, show some love the for the best general in FE6!

Am I the only one who thinks Douglas doesn't get the respect he deserves? Come on people, show some love the for the best general in FE6!

I think he sucks, he has 8 speed, crappy resistence, skill, the only good of him is that he has A with Lances and Axes and that he has good Str and Defense, but my Wendy surpases him in everything, even in defense.

I think he sucks, he has 8 speed, crappy resistence, skill, the only good of him is that he has A with Lances and Axes and that he has good Str and Defense, but my Wendy surpases him in everything, even in defense.

You also don't need to train Douglas to get a general better than she'll ever be. Her speed doesn't matter thanks to her speed cap. Pretty much beats her in defense forever.

Follow that with how PAINFUL it is to train Wendy in the first place...

Incredible Karel is in your lower tier, he has quite good stats and growths.

Fun fact: if Karel had +2 hp and +1 in every single other one of his bases, but 10% hp/30% str/40% skl/40% spd/20% luk/10% def/0% res for growths, he would be better, no one would give a rat's ass about him.

First, you have to clear out all the wyverns in his joining chapter before frail Fir or less frail Bartre can recruit him. Then, he is likely behind everyone else, so if he sees action it's for maybe 3 turns. Then he's only mediocre against the enemies on this map (wyverns, snipers, druids, mamkutes, brenya), never outdoing anyone you'd be fielding.

Then, we get to the last map in the game, and we can only bring 10 people, 2 of which are Roy and Fa, unless you kill off Fa. As long as someone has an S in one of their weapon ranks and their Speed doesn't totally fail, they will ORKO everything, and as long as their hp/def don't totally suck, it will take 2 hits to kill them (maybe 3 for someone like Gonzales). At this point, I have Lance, Alan, Percival, Rutger, Echidna and Dieck who can feasibly weild Durandal and fulfill those requirements. Adding Karel means removing one of these, and those guys also give support bonuses to others (like crit to avoid taking Mamkute counters, or avo to dodge maybe). And he also has less movement than the Paladins.

Karel is a piece of shit. Even if I field someone like Klein only for 12/12x/13 or something, he is still more useful due to actually being a net positive contribution.

Right, right, I will use over Rutger, and over Fir too since I never promoted her

And I won't. lolol argument defeated.

Zealot is uneeded. I can get through the chapters following his without a problem. However, trying to get through the first couple chapters without Marcus is hilarious. That and at least Klein can become something resembling a unit...

Klein is equally as unneeded as Zealot. Marcus is better than both, as the list reflects. For Klein, none of his non-hp stats even hit 20 until maybe 20/20. The main use for Klein is being statistically superior to some (not all) of your team members during Western Isles, having up to 9 attacking range, or huge power with that Silver Bow of his, maybe being a relatively low-resource user of Miugre.

Douglas only has hp/def, and he has worse move and offense than like every other prepromote. As I said, he has misc uses, like pinging his way through whichever route you take, but magic users rape him, and he doesn't like taking repeated wyvern blows either. Maybe he's more useful than Dayan, but I'd say it ends there.

Klein is equally as unneeded as Zealot. Marcus is better than both, as the list reflects. For Klein, none of his non-hp stats even hit 20 until maybe 20/20. The main use for Klein is being statistically superior to some (not all) of your team members during Western Isles, having up to 9 attacking range, or huge power with that Silver Bow of his, maybe being a relatively low-resource user of Miugre.

Klein has decent bases in hard mode, has those advantages you stated, the nomads send your ass to Sacae, the unpromoted archers suck something royal, and he has supports that actually exist that Igrene wishes she had. Miugre gives 5 speed and he averages around a decent amount. Sure, being an archer doesn't make him good by default, but if you have a whole army of people who can do everything...all teh work is spread out anyways, so you're in no real trouble. Might as well have someone that just runs up and shoots wyverns in the face.

Douglas only has hp/def, and he has worse move and offense than like every other prepromote. As I said, he has misc uses, like pinging his way through whichever route you take, but magic users rape him, and he doesn't like taking repeated wyvern blows either. Maybe he's more useful than Dayan, but I'd say it ends there.

He's still better than all your other armors. Barth is pretty much the same thing except time needs to be invested into him, Boris blows and Wendy wtfblows. The fact he comes in adequate from the start makes him the best general. Sure he's not the best prepromote, but I wouldn't call him the worst either.

EDIT: Also, all their supports blow or no one wants them. At least if Douglas getting any supports, he's getting wtf defense from Cecilia (really, why move her from behind the front lines if she's just gonna go out and get raped anyways? She's better a mobile healer and dedicated staff user) and Lalum (not gonna happen, but he has the option), and get additional avoid and crit from Percival (who is actually not doing well int he support department, not that he needs it...)

Better than fail armors supporting with other fail armors or mercenaries who outrun them or...Lillina...

Edited by Grandjackal

You keep comparing them to people with their weapons/class, but this thread isn't about "best General" or "best bow user". It's about "best to worst prepromote".

It's been a while since I played this game, but aren't a lot of the enemies Wyverns that Klein can do some awesome damage to? And IIRC, he has a pretty good support with Tate and Percival.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Well Klein IS better than Igrene...;;>>

Igrene is win, she doesn't need HM bonuses, now Klein...Klein isn't better than Igrene, well, his growths are, but who uses him?

You got Wolt, Dorothy and Sue at that time probaly promoted.

It's been a while since I played this game, but aren't a lot of the enemies Wyverns that Klein can do some awesome damage to? And IIRC, he has a pretty good support with Tate and Percival.

Killing one wyvern per turn in lategame is nice, I suppose, but I wouldn't put it above the people he's under now. They either have superior utility for many more chapters (and thus enemies) than Klein has for wyverns total, or they have staves. For the support, one flies around and is bleh, and the other runs around, whereas Klein is extremely restricted to where he can go. It's a better support situation than Niime or something, but still urk.

Igrene is win, she doesn't need HM bonuses, now Klein...Klein isn't better than Igrene, well, his growths are, but who uses him?

You got Wolt, Dorothy and Sue at that time probaly promoted.

So much wrong in so few sentences...

hm bonuses > no hm bonuses, though they aren't a point in themselves, since they can be translated to stats

superior growths > inferior growths

wolt, dorothy and sue are crap, so you probably don't have them promoted

and even if you do, that doesn't hurt klein more than it hurts igrene