• Igrene
    • Garret
    • Douglas
    • Niime
    • Dayan
    • Juno
    • Yodel
    • Karel

Hmmm....I wanna use Igrene next playthrough. Klein may have a period of being awesomely useful, but apparently Igrene can be a better Miugre user...or I should recheck averages...Either way, the snipers are just sexy. Boo unpromoted bow users!

Yes, Garret is gangsta indeed.

*reads Mekkah's post* Nevermind.

Edited by Grandjackal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that excuse...I could easily say Cecilia's the best.

I would, but I already voted for Percival. Although, I have to give a shout out to Garret for being one of the few non-white Fire Emblem characters in the series!

So you can choose to go either ways?

Oh, so no wonder I d idn't recruit Yuno, I didn't recruit Thate, Echidna and Lalum :( .

What?

Do you mean Zealot and Thany instead of Echidna and Lalum or something...?

Percival.

Karel basically does not exist. You units should all be better than him, and he cannot do anything for the chapter, and the next one.

Edited by Eyrios

Well, I didn't recruit Echidna, is she really as good as people seem her to be?

She has 13 str, which is crappy for a hero, bad defense, 18 of speed is good, what stats favor her?

Who cares if "13 str is good for a Hero"? What does that change? If we named her class "Banana Island Promotional Squad", would that change anything about whether 13 str is good or not?

Regardless, look at when some units reach 13 str.

Lance? 12.6 at 20/0. He has more like 10 str when Echidna joins.

Dieck? 15/0. So he has it maybe.

Alan? Around the same as Dieck.

Rutger? Not before 20/0.

Now, Echidna not only has above average str at that point of time, but she also has axes and 18 base Spd. The only things she might not double at full speed are Myrmidons, and even weighing herself down she will still double the extremely common Archers, Fighters, Mages and Shamans. High weapon levels assure that she is much more flexible with that than, say, Alan or Dieck, who can only use high powered weapons to improve his atk, but never become faster at the cost of less attack.

Defensively, Echidna has kinda hax avo when she joins already, and possible WTA over both axes and lances, the two most powerful weapons. And 35 hp/8 def is exactly as much as 15/0 Dieck has, anyway.

Then supports come in, and Echidna supports Lalum, Geese and Gonzales (the latter two are extremely willing to support her, and for Lalum it's just her best option). Full avo regardless, full def of two of them, etc etc.

Well, I didn't recruit Echidna, is she really as good as people seem her to be?

She has 13 str, which is crappy for a hero, bad defense, 18 of speed is good, what stats favor her?

Think of it this way. Think not of how good her bases are AT HER LEVEL, but rather THE TIME SHE JOINS. I capitalize to stress them, not to yell. It's something I didn't get used to till just a bit ago.

Don't think of her as an exp hog either, think of her as a unit who levels slower. Every RPG tends to have a unit who levels slow, but is just fine otherwise, Echidna's one of them. AMAZING speed, access to axes and swords to WTA the strongest weapon types (and axes for great offense), and powerhouse avoid from her natural speed and her supports, which not only rock but would love her support as well. Echidna supporting Gonzales, Lot (not the best, but he kinda grows into a fast axe armor), and Lalum give her full 5 defense, which is always nice, no matter what support she gets she always has full avoid (well...her good ones at least). If speed with axes is a problem, give her hte body ring no one else wants and she loses minimum speed to most useful axes. This just gives her better offense for longer too. True, her offense weens off later, but she still has hax avoid and supporting awesome people. Let's not forget she's one of the few axe users who have existing skill so she can actually hit things with them. Only thing better than doubling is doubling with the class effective weapons to not fail killing pesky enemies, that and actually hitting with them.

User her next time, she's plenty mighty.

Edited by Grandjackal

• 2 months later...

From the first page:

Fun fact: if Karel had +2 hp and +1 in every single other one of his bases, but 10% hp/30% str/40% skl/40% spd/20% luk/10% def/0% res for growths, he would be better, yet no one would give a rat's ass about him.

First, you have to clear out all the wyverns in his joining chapter before frail Fir or less frail Bartre can recruit him. Then, he is likely behind everyone else, so if he sees action it's for maybe 3 turns. Then he's only mediocre against the enemies on this map (wyverns, snipers, druids, mamkutes, brenya), never outdoing anyone you'd be fielding.

Then, we get to the last map in the game, and we can only bring 10 people, 2 of which are Roy and Fa, unless you kill off Fa. As long as someone has an S in one of their weapon ranks and their Speed doesn't totally fail, they will ORKO everything, and as long as their hp/def don't totally suck, it will take 2 hits to kill them (maybe 3 for someone like Gonzales). At this point, I have Lance, Alan, Percival, Rutger, Echidna and Dieck who can feasibly weild Durandal and fulfill those requirements. Adding Karel means removing one of these, and those guys also give support bonuses to others (like crit to avoid taking Mamkute counters, or avo to dodge maybe). And he also has less movement than the Paladins.

Karel is a piece of shit. Even if I field someone like Klein only for 12/12x/13 or something, he is still more useful due to actually being a net positive contribution.

Edited by Mekkah

Fun fact: if Karel had +2 hp and +1 in every single other one of his bases, but 10% hp/30% str/40% skl/40% spd/20% luk/10% def/0% res for growths, he would be better, yet no one would give a rat's ass about him.

Did you pull those growth rates out of your ass or is there some important significance to them aside from illustrating the point "Karel with the same stats if he got his level up before joining would be better"? just wondering

Did you pull those growth rates out of your ass or is there some important significance to them aside from illustrating the point "Karel with the same stats if he got his level up before joining would be better"? just wondering

It's his growth rates minus 100% (200% for HP), so his Lv 20 averages would be the same, but his Lv 19 stats would be slightly better.