• Dayan
    • Juno
    • Yodel
    • Karel

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consistently have the Allen/Roy/Lance triangle completed by Chapter 7 by the latest :mellow:

Ah, it's jus tme then, I use the Ilian cavaliers much more...exept for Zealot, he sucks.

• 1 month later...

As expected, Zealot and Juno, King and Queen of the losers, emerge triumphant.

This gives me even more inspiration to try my "Crappy Pre-Premotes" playthrough idea. I'd use everyone on this list (except Percival, AKA Zealot's polar opposite, of course. I"d replace him with minimum stat Hugh premoted at the earliest possible oppertunity for LOLs) and give each of them an 'Awfulness rating' form -1 to -10. (parhaps accompanied by a parody character review) I'll give an awards to whoever had the least difference between their starting and finishing stats, who gets the most 0 stat ups and who I find the most useless overall. (probably Juno)

But I won't really be able to record it until after I finish my FE4 playthrough.

Crappy pre-promotes? That would include Zealot, Juno, Bartre, Douglas, Igrene, Karel, Niime, Dayan, and Yodel.

MAYBE Klein, Garret, and Cecillia.

Yeah, the ones above were the ones I was thinking of using. And I'd have to have Marcus solo every chapter up until Zealot arrives. Also, you can't have both Juno and Dayan in the same playthrough, and I just HAVE to use Juno, considering the results of this poll.

Crappy pre-promotes? That would include Zealot, Juno, Bartre, Douglas, Igrene, Karel, Niime, Dayan, and Yodel.

MAYBE Klein, Garret, and Cecillia.

What!? :blink:

What do you mean "maybe Klein and Cecilia"!? Of course, they're horrible, Klein is f*cking overrated for no apparent reason, he sucks, he can't even double.

And what the!? Igrene is way better than Klein, she outranks him all around exept for Luck, she even has better bases which Klein's don't get too better in HM with just +1 Spd <_< .

Karel is actually good since he can double Idoun with Durandal and actually have decent strength and knows the term called "Durability" do to actually having Def and Res...at least more than Fir and Rutger.

And Niime is rather useful, sure, she easily get beaten by Ray and Sophie(Which I doubt you impatients even baby her), she does great damage against none magic units, she has decent speed and has an A rank in staves, which are useful for berserking some enemies.

I don't know what planet you guys are on, but it'll become apparent that Klein is good when I get around to uploading chapters 12+ of my 0% growths run.

Yeah...11 base AS is better and 19 Atk than 15 AS and 22 Atk (Igrene)? And especially in a 0% growths run.

*Note, the Atk is set as with a Iron Bow.

Karel is actually good since he can double Idoun with Durandal

Wow. Doing something every other character in the game can do. That certainly makes him the best prepromote her!

and actually have decent strength and knows the term called "Durability" do to actually having Def and Res...at least more than Fir and Rutger.

Maybe if you're comparing them at base levels, or something.

Edited by Ninji

Wow. Doing something every other character in the game can do. That certainly makes him the best prepromote here!

LOL.

Maybe if you're comparing them at base levels, or something.

Averages <_< .

Edited by soul1112

LOL.

I can't tell whether you are laughing at your comment or mine.

Averages. <_<

20/10 Rutger: 50 HP, 13 Defense

20/10 Fir: 49 HP, 11 Defense

20 Karel: 46 HP, 16 Defense

Um, wow. The lead is almost nonexistent. How does Karel know what "Durability" means, but Rutger and Fir don't? :mellow:

Edited by Ninji

20/10 Rutger: 50 HP, 13 Defense

20/10 Fir: 49 HP, 11 Defense

20 Karel: 46 HP, 16 Defense

Um, wow. The lead is almost nonexistent. How does Karel know what "Durability" means, but Rutger and Fir don't? :mellow:

That's not even factoring supports, which raise their avoid by up to 25 (fuck yeah dark and fire) and sometimes defense (Thunder partners for Rutger say hi).

Right. I forgot avoid, but Rutger's and Fir's are higher, for sure.

20/10 Rutger: 59

20/10 Fir: 69

20 Karel: 63

Supports or HM bonuses not included, and we know that's not in Karel's favor there considering he has neither...

Edited by Dante

That's not even factoring supports, which raise their avoid by up to 25 (fuck yeah dark and fire) and sometimes defense (Thunder partners for Rutger say hi).

Supports, lame excuse and overrated, at least in thisgame they are, you'll surely be supporting others like Roy, Alan, Lance and Wolt(Not so sure about him, though).

Supports are a lame excuse here because it's not like you'll get an A & B supports since excuse can go with Karel.

Supports, lame excuse and overrated, at least in thisgame they are, you'll surely be supporting others like Roy, Alan, Lance and Wolt(Not so sure about him, though).

Supports are a lame excuse here because it's not like you'll get an A & B supports since excuse can go with Karel.

Can we all agree just to not acknowledge Soul's posts anymore?

Can we all agree just to not acknowledge Soul's posts anymore?

:facepalm:

Oh, c'mon, even you wouldn't wait that much too support them when the fastest supports are the ones I mentioned in my last post.

You mean like how you wait for that arena abused/extreme favoritism Lilina you love bringing up whenever someone points out why she sucks? You don't even have to wait that if you're not the efficient type and a C support's probably enough.

Edited by Vergil

Oh yes, because a support triangle where the last member to join is on chapter 4 is extremely tough to accomplish. Rutger and Dieck having the same movement and role, it's quite easy to support them, while Rutger's support with Clarine is quick for this FE's standards. This only leaves Dieck and Clarine together, but that's not who we're talking about.

On Fir's side, she benefits from a very fast (40+3) support with her father which basically makes him a mini Berserker with Bows. 20/12 Bartre has 55 HP, 13 Defense and 57 avoid and his 13 AS basically makes him only doubled by fast shit ( Which isn't even there after 22 when Karel comes in play. Druids, Mamkutes, Snipers, Wyvern Lords... he's not doubling much but he's not getting doubled either. ), combined with 27 base Str and a natural critical of 19, 49 with Killers ( few survive a critical from 38 attack anyway ). She also then has a decently fast support with Noah, giving her full avoid and attack.

Really, Rutger and Fir have no excuses to be left without supports. Wolt is utterly useless to support ( oh great, Ice affinity on a BACKLINE attacker who shouldn't be attacked in the first place ) and should be left supportless since he's taking the support points Roy and his mounted homies need to actually be awesome.

You mean like how you wait for that arena abused/extreme favoritism Lilina you love bringing up whenever someone points out why she sucks? You don't even have to wait that if you're not the efficient type.

I do wait. I was pointing that towards them, or the more efficent players, I don't arena abuse here, only in FE5, by the way ;) .

I just give Lilina favoritism, but it doesn't take too long either, like...3-4 chapters.

Compared to arena abuse, ending turns to get support is like waiting for a microwave to cook something for 1 minute. You don't even have to look at the game to do it.

Karel sucks and you know it, he's nothing but a filler in the unlikely event that you lack a good Durandal user.

Edited by Vergil