• Igrene
    • Garret
    • Douglas
    • Niime
    • Dayan
    • Juno
    • Yodel
    • Karel

That's besides the point. Est can actually get good stats while Yuno stays bad.

Except the game is over when Est finally stops failing at life. At least I don't have to waste any sweat on Yunno.

And no, they don't ever become good. They never rise above average. Why? Godawful durability.

Edited by Vyland

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who voted for Percival, he is that extremely good, but he is definitely not the worst.

Probably just some guy messing around. No reasonable person would think that he's bad.

Douglas made a decent tank when I used him on the Sacae route. But that was a long time ago.

Anyway, I'd say Yuno is the worst. She's horrid from start to finish.

I though Sacae was forbidden for ranks runs.

Druids, and dragons end him fast there.

And simply because Sacae isn't good for ranked runs you're going to say he's worse than 33 HP, 11 STR and 8 DEF (and let's not forget her 7 Con) that comes later? Most Steel Lance Wyverns can't double him btw.

I though Sacae was forbidden for ranks runs.

Druids, and dragons end him fast there.

Douglas is still godly there. Yunno, however, is just plain awful. 11 Strength, 33 HP, 16 Speed, and 8 Defense. That's especially awful considering that she's at level 9.

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

Sacae. He's a god there in terms of durability.

What about Sacae, it's just another phase of the game.

I just ride right trough as I own that place.

Douglas is still godly there. Yunno, however, is just plain awful. 11 Strength, 33 HP, 16 Speed, and 8 Defense. That's especially awful considreing that she's at level 9.

Yes, you are absolutely righ, 16 of speed is more than horrible for a promoted unit of that level, her strength is crappy and her defense...well, we all know what it is.

As for her HP, it would be acceptable if she had much greater defense.

I just ride right trough as I own that place.

He's saying that Douglas is good in the Sacae chapters. Twenty base defense means he isn't taking much damage.

One does not simply walk through Sacae.

Lots of the nomads can double quite a few of your units, the bosses are badasses and many can crit you. Douglas's high defense makes him high roller here. Even in a bit in Bern, he's still doing pretty decently as a tank. Douglas gets too much hate I feel.

Let's look at Douglas>Yunno, generally, outside of "Doug owns at Sacae." Bors is way better, and look at all the good THAT does him.

Besides, we all know we don't want to go to Sacae, anyway. Just let Sue get gang raped by enemies so Shin can level and be done with it. Doug's not better than her for Sacae.

Mainly, how Douglas also has offense on his side. Why? He can use silver and not worry about getting con raped, unlike somebody else. Granted, Yunno's con doesn't suck as bad as other pegs [Hilarious, right?] but 7 still sucks when you practically require silver to just damage something. An enormous durability lead more than cancels out getting doubled, since Doug will just take like, 5 dmg x2 when the exact same unit will 2RKO Yunno.

Hell, I don't think 16 speed is even enough to double. If Yunno tries to use Silver she might risk GETTING doubled. And since Yunno gets 2HKOd by, well, everything, that's basically instant death.

Here's something else to point out: Doug's growths are higher than Yunno's [she loses every single catagory, okay fine, 5 skill, 20 luck, and 15 res, whoop de fucking do, Doug's 20% def growth win cancels all of those out on it's own], and he has a lower starting level 8, to Yunno's 9, AND Doug comes in significantly earlier, so as time goes on, Doug only wins more, and more, and more, and more.

...Let's look at their supports, too.

Doug:

Elphin: Well, we'd prefer not to go his route, but if we do, I guess it's plausible.

Geese: Nah.

Percy: Certiantly.

Igrene: lol

Cecilia: lol

Lalam: A very ideal support, easily Doug's best and probably Lalam's too. Makes Doug even MORE durable, plus gives him a chance to dodge a few things, hell, full crit even benefits his offense. Gives Lalam the best possible bonuses a support can give her, too, since all she cares about is durability. He's definitely getting this. Fast, awesome bonuses, and no real move gap. It just sucks Echidna snatches away the A from Doug, but he'll live.

Yunno:

Tate: B at best, since Klein exists, but Tate as a whole is kind of meh whereas Lalam is pretty cool, so this doesn't equal out as well as it might sound.

Thany: lol.

Zealot: lol

Treck: Has Noah. And Gonzo.

Noah: Has Treck. And Fir. [Yunno's got a better affinity though, PLUS the support is actually faster than Treck, so Noah would actually prefer this if Yunno didn't suck and come way later than Treck. Ah well.]

To recap on all this, Doug's best support is far more likely to be played than Yunno's best support, and Doug has a nice backup in Percy, as well.

And no, move doesn't even come close to compensating for to how badly Doug is raping Yunno in combat, before anybody even tries to argue that.

Edited by Vyland

That's right, the same goes to Miledy or my Miledy, she had 19 of defense in those chapters, one level later, she has 20 of defense, just give her a Delphi Shield.

okay?

What does that change? That Douglas isn't the only one who can tank? So what? Yunno can't do it at all.

You totally ignored my point about offense and how Yunno's spd is too fail to double, btw. Never mind her con.

Edited by Vyland

Dayan. For me, he was downright horrible.

Sue had better STR than him before I promoted her. Dayan is also a Nomadic Trooper, the class kinda sucks in FE 6.

Play Ilia and get Yuno.

Play Ilia and get Yuno.

Sacae is way more fun then Ilia, i dont care if i have to fight nomads. and Yuno makes Dayan look godly. Thany and Tate surpass her before theyre promoted. My vote goes to Yuno, btw

• 2 months later...
I voted batre because to get him you end up with a weaker gonzales + echidna

+ ECHIDNA?!

Wow.

Also, that high STR looks pretty hot when compared to most other pre-promotes.