So, why do people play Fire Emblem, again?

TLSothe

I mean, what's the appeal? Shitty story, meh graphics, God-Awful development in characterization, and, on top of all that, each and every story is the same. Do you just ignore that, or is there actually something about it you enjoy? Seriously, what?

Edited by Matthew O'Connell

FE4 throws a wrench in the typical FE story. Big time.

And FE5 can be a big-time bitch due to the difficulty.

I guess FE4 is different or something. I haven't played it in a long time, but eh...that's just one out of eleven...

Obviously, the gameplay is the main appeal. It's easy to learn, but hard to master.

Besides, 4, 9 and 10 had decent plots and most of the series has good character development from supports.

EDIT: And FE4 is not overrated. It's just plain good. XD

Edited by Drifloon

Obviously, the gameplay is the main appeal. It's easy to learn, but hard to master.

Besides, 4, 9 and 10 had decent plots and most of the series has good character development from supports.

Dude, they shouldn't have to make supports to make up for their shitty development. At the very least, put some development in addition to supports. And nine is just like eight, but longer, and not a prince for once.

Very good. Seriously though, FE would still have a fanbase of four if it wasn't for Brawl. FE dedicates its entire fanbase of six to Brawl. And even then, it was still shitty. Made up of God-awful remakes and shitty scripts...sad...

Edited by Matthew O'Connell

Very good. Seriously though, FE would still have a fanbase of four if it wasn't for Brawl. FE dedicates its entire fanbase of six to Brawl.

I wouldn't go that far. Monshou no Nazo sold a shit-ton. And that was before Super Smash Bros.

I think FE4 sold a lot as well.

FE5's circumstances were strange though.

It's FE6 that didn't do as well.

I wouldn't go that far. Monshou no Nazo sold a shit-ton. And that was before Super Smash Bros.

I think FE4 sold a lot as well.

FE5's circumstances were strange though.

It's FE6 that didn't do as well.

Okay, so four and five weren't bad. But two/eleven games isn't anything to brag about.
i play fire emblem because i need something to fap to on week days
What? What's the use for Candy then?

I haven't played 4 or 5

FE10 and 9 were most enjoyable for me since they were kinda different, well FE10 was

imo FE has no replay value, maybe just do hard mode but thats it

I like it just not as much as I like a bunch of other series

Okay, so four and five weren't bad. But two/eleven games isn't anything to brag about.

I'm not denying that.

And actually, it was the third one that sold a shit-ton.

And hey, I'm open-minded. I respect that you don't like it, and you've given reasonable points. [/serious]

Also, PINGAS.

I haven't played 4 or 5

FE10 and 9 were most enjoyable for me since they were kinda different, well FE10 was

imo FE has no replay value, maybe just do hard mode but thats it

I like it just not as much as I like a bunch of other series

Oh, dammit, you're supposed to flame me...I am such a shitty troll lately! Sorry for using you guys like this, but I was testing to see how my trolling is after such a long rest. I'll leave this open for discussion though.

I'm not denying that.

And actually, it was the third one that sold a shit-ton.

And hey, I'm open-minded. I respect that you don't like it, and you've given reasonable points. [/serious]

Also, PINGAS.

You rock for the open-mindedness, meh at the pingas.

If you don't like FE then you don't belong to this Forum, Matthew...

Fix'd

Edit: Oh, and, I found Fe6 and 7 and Fe9 and 10 awsome.

I think I play it for gameplay, for the little gamble over the level up and for a good story

Edited by Safyrya