Restoring post count

I was going to use my other topic and change it but it's been closed. Is there anyway that post count can be added until it's what it was before the down time? If anyone honestly tells their post count can it be restored. The same goes for other parts of the website like no friends/members no longer banned.

I'm pretty sure it would be possible to restore post count. Whether or not it would be a worthwhile thing to do is another story. =\

Why wouldn't it be worthwhile? At least can I have my Heron status back. Preferably my 1,650 posts but I'd like to be a Heron like before.

Why do you want/care about having a higher post count?

I just liked being able to avoid flood control as a Heron. That and being able to close my own topics.

I just liked being able to avoid flood control as a Heron. That and being able to close my own topics.

@bold: What?

@italics: When are you ever gonna need to use that ability?

Wait, avoiding flood control is a Heron privilege?

Nope

Heron/Royal I think. I never once got flood control as a Heron.

I've never gotten flood control.

@bold: What?

@italics: When are you ever gonna need to use that ability?

Nope

I've never gotten flood control.

I remember flood control was enabled after you spammed the FE4 THREAD and I bitched about it... and then I felt like it had disappeared. I don't know.

I dont see a need to care for it anymore. Post count USE to show how active ppl were but then it just went downhill and turned into a "FUCK YEAH I HAZ MOAR POSTZZZZZZ!!!!11!!!!"

Actually, while the board is being put back together this would be a good chance to get rid of post counts once and for all.

Oh-ho!

A boring choice.

Yet for the greater good since people won't be encouraged to post garbage just for post count.

I fully support getting rid of post count display.

What really encourages people to post garbage isn't the post count per se, but the fact you get benefits by reaching high levels.

Perhaps those privileges should be nuked.

Edited by TheEnd

I'm thinking the same.

In all honesty, they were added just because. I suppose I'll have to remove them just because as well : P

What really encourages people to post garbage isn't the post count per se, but the fact you get benefits by reaching high levels.

Of course they should, people who spam can potentially get extra power? And how is post count a way of measuring maturity and a quality of being a member? No thanks.

I'm for getting rid of that and post count.

Now that I think about it, people who want a high post count would post more, which would increase activity, then again, that would also decrease the quality of the posts.. tough decision.

Edited by Fierce Deity Soren

Now that I think about it, people who want a high post count would post more, which would increase activity, then again, that would also decrease the quality of the posts.. tough decision.

The absolute smallest and dying communities tend to also be the best.

Edited by Chainey

The only thing that I would like back (possibly) is being able to change my title again.

Not asking for more post count nor begging for the title feature. I'm fine otherwise.

I'm for keeping post count, because it allows me to gauge my activity since my initial registration. e-idiots take it as a badge of superiority.

It really doesn't matter either way if a new skin comes along to replace it :3

I like post count. It gives an idea of how active a person is. But I can see the negatives to it. So I don't know what to think.