Hannibal.

What I do is put a high avoid character on the castle (Shanan with Balmung/Holsety user) and wait for Hanibal's army to come to me. If their avoid is high enough his army won't attack. Once his army arrives I use mounted units make a small path for Celice to go through. Once Celice is out he heads for Luthecia and kills the boss. Once Corple/Sharlow reacheses Kapathogia kill everyone except Hanibal. This'll make him head back for reinforcements. He will not attack anyone in range on the way back. Corplee/Sharlow can meet him along the way. I've done this every time and it always works.

I guess you know the recruting requirements, so allow me to go right to my strategie.

If an enemy army lost most of it's members, the leader will retreat to get more reinforcements from his castle, and of course Hannibals army is no exeption of this rule. Once Hannibal retreats Celice should have the time to ride past him. You might want to take Leaf or Nanna with him so you can warp Corple back to your main castle once you freed him, and have him talk to Hannibal.

Edited by BrightBow-User

Kill most of his army to make him run back to his castle to get more. Position some1 at the entrance and he'll be stuck.

Capture the place Sharlow/Corple is held captive, let Hannibal out and use your dancer to help Sharlow recruit Hannibal.

Kill most of his army to make him run back to his castle to get more. Position some1 at the entrance and he'll be stuck.

Capture the place Sharlow/Corple is held captive, let Hannibal out and use your dancer to help Sharlow recruit Hannibal.

Edit:Sorry. Double post.

Edited by luigi bros

But Hanibal will attack you if you block the entrance.

Edited by luigi bros

I would always prefer to make sure he's out and willing to be talked to preferably ._.

I move strong units toward the west while I leave a few defensive ones to take out the initial Dragon Knight attack. Wipe the floor of enemies, then I block the castle. Fee is usually killing off the Barbarian in the top-left corner at that point :o

• 2 weeks later...
Hannibal's easy to recruit. Same with Douglas.

Xavier's the one who's a pain in the ass though. Especially for trying to get the member card. >_>

That's because you don't capture-release the Lenster soldiers.

That's because you don't capture-release the Lenster soldiers.

Still, the Armors that are supposed to remain alive are a bitch, considering that they have a tendency to try and kill each other if you convert some but not all in one go. Half have hammers. The only real way to do it would be to have eight characters with enough build rush into the bottom room and hope that no one dies. Freege soldiers can be taken out with Thunderstorm or Meteo.

Though I hid back in the room with the NPCs and slowly rotated through the units until they all joined: lots of carrying to do. I was able to pick off Freege before they left the main room, considering they all liked to hug the wall where ranged units could fuck with 'em.

Still, the Armors that are supposed to remain alive are a bitch, considering that they have a tendency to try and kill each other if you convert some but not all in one go. Half have hammers. The only real way to do it would be to have eight characters with enough build rush into the bottom room and hope that no one dies. Freege soldiers can be taken out with Thunderstorm or Meteo.

Though I hid back in the room with the NPCs and slowly rotated through the units until they all joined: lots of carrying to do. I was able to pick off Freege before they left the main room, considering they all liked to hug the wall where ranged units could fuck with 'em.

Still, the member card doesn't bring much extra difficulty if you know what you're doing.

And it's pretty much useless, anyway.

The only time it's hard to do is if you accidentally leave someone like Asvel near the walls between the halls and the center room--dumb soldiers attack anything, causing instant death D: When one of the Loptousu mages arrive from the staircase, it can be troublesome to deal with him, especially as there's all the civilians to worry over if they're in range (obviously). If no one can use the Warp, Rewarp, or distant spells, he can be troublesome indeed.

How about you read

Or you could unequip some avoid gods, and pin Douglas in a corner.

and realize that maybe he wasn't caring about ranks and as such made no mention, thus, no matter. of importance aside from all relative to yourself--good for your importance.

Like it matters!

Edited by Celice

Simply because he quoted your statement does not mean he was speaking of is context. That's the most idiotic thing I've heard--that one must be speaking exactly of what is quoted simply because it is quoted.

Your setting is irrelevant save for your perception that people are replying to you. There is no reason to assume that simply because you have entered into a discussion that successive responses will take into account your subjective views and be purely created in regards to continuing off yours. If he wanted to discuss ranks you would see him intentionally mention it, as you had.

Edited by Celice

Simply because he quoted your statement does not mean he was speaking of is context. That's the most idiotic thing I've heard--that one must be speaking exactly of what is quoted simply because it is quoted.

This is ridiculous. Why would he have quoted my statement? Let's perform literary analysis:

I said "Douglas is rather frustrating, though, especially if you're ranking. You're pretty much forced to use 2 or 3 charges on the Sleep staff to keep him under control." This implies that the only way to keep Douglas under control in a ranked run is to use the Sleep staff.

Miror B. said "Or you could unequip some avoid gods, and pin Douglas in a corner." He is offering an alternative to my strategy. Because he is offering an alternative to my strategy, this implies that pinning Douglas into nonproductive rounds of combat is viable in a ranked run. It is not. If he had wanted to neglect the part about rankings, either he would have mentioned it explicitly or he would have excised that section of my post, or simply refrained from quoting it at all.

The only other alternative is that he misinterpreted my post to mean that the only way to keep Douglas under control in any circumstance is to use the Sleep staff, but I made my meaning extremely clear in my subsequent post. It would have been redundant to repeat my exact words from my first post.

Edited by dondon151