Who's the best character in Radiant Dawn?

Best character  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best character in Radiant Dawn?

• Edward
    • Nolan
    • Aran
    • Volug
    • Zihark
    • Nailah
    • Rafiel
    • Haar
    • Nephenee
    • Mordecai
    • Ike
    • Titania
    • Soren
    • Shinon
    • Gatrie
    • Mia
    • Reyson
    • Naesala
    • Tibarn
    • Caineghis

Then Rafiel is awesome too. Only thing that kills him is mobility. But i don't think the team goes their whole movement in the first turn.

Also:

No Canto

Dies when breathed on

No flight, which means terrain affects him

3 fewer chapters

But Rafiel is also awesome. Just not the best.

FFFFFF- I voted for more than one. <_<

UH, but I'd say Haar is the best just because lolwhutisdying? applies to him. Well, except against Thunder Mages, but he has Nullify to accomodate that.

Player Phase is over-rated. A lot of the reason why Haar is such a godmode unit is that I can throw him into a pack of units and he'll kill/injure them all without getting killed himself, and his flying helps that along by bypassing obstacles and being able to Canto his way over.

Raisin is a pretty cool guy... but he needs to pop a stone to transform at the start of a fight, and he needs to give up his own Player Phases occasionally to maintain his gauge with Grass. Haar stomps all over his availibility, and can go with whatever army he wants in Part 4. Raisin is stuck with Hawk.

omgwhere'sleonardo???

I voted Edward, Zihark, Nephenee, Soren, Mia, Reyson, and Naesala.

Edward is a pretty cool sword fighter.

Zihark is awesomeness cause of his criticalz

Nephenee almost never misses and almost always attacks twice and almost always dodges. =) Pretty good to me!

Soren is definitely awesome!!! He always turns into my strongest unit. His attitude makes me laugh =D

Mia also does much criticals!

Reyson's very pretty =) He's the best of the three herons too. It's also funny how he tries to act strong but really he's weak

Naesala is coolio and he makes me laugh too

I don't see how this makes him the best character in the game. :/

It doesn't. Being limited to Player Phase for good offense is pretty bad in a game where so much happens on Enemy Phase. For the tanking bit, he's not even the best at tanking in the first place, and furthermore his counter-attack prospects are pretty lame in that scenario.

*complains about no Volke option*

Shinon, since he seems to get a lot of critical hits/Deadeyes, and doesn't seem to loose that much HP when (and if) he gets hit.

It doesn't. Being limited to Player Phase for good offense is pretty bad in a game where so much happens on Enemy Phase. For the tanking bit, he's not even the best at tanking in the first place, and furthermore his counter-attack prospects are pretty lame in that scenario.

That's why they give you crossbows...

That's why they give you crossbows...

They give you one Crossbow. It has only 35 uses, is locked to 28 mt (wtf, even Mia can beat that with a generic weapon), and has to last until 3-8 where you can get another one. also, you give up your Player Phase offense to use it on Enemy Phase, unless you force someone to stand next to Shinon and be his crossbow Squire.

unless you force someone to stand next to Shinon and be his crossbow Squire.

Gatrie or Rolf. They give Shinon even more crit from bonds. If Gatrie is busy elsewhere, Rolf can be filler and do the trading thing.

Gatrie or Rolf. They give Shinon even more crit from bonds. If Gatrie is busy elsewhere, Rolf can be filler and do the trading thing.

Rolf being filler squire for Shinon means that he's:

1) probably not giving Bond supports to Oscar and/or Boyd.

2) eating up a deployment slot that I could be giving to someone else, maybe for shoving.

3) in danger of dying and/or taking attacks without countering back, which means he needs to be protected.

1) probably not giving Bond supports to Oscar and/or Boyd.

Oscar is not a critical guy, but Boyd I can understand. Though if Boyd isn't wielding the Killer its kinda worthless...

2) eating up a deployment slot that I could be giving to someone else, maybe for shoving.

Like who, Brom?

3) in danger of dying and/or taking attacks without countering back, which means he needs to be protected.

He can just hold a bow and pray that Provoke will draw the enemies to Shinon.

Oscar is not a critical guy, but Boyd I can understand. Though if Boyd isn't wielding the Killer its kinda worthless...

Both of them can have listed crit with a Bond support. This would also justify a crit-forge, especially in Boyd's case.

Like who, Brom?

Whomever.

He can just hold a bow and pray that Provoke will draw the enemies to Shinon.

Prayer is not a strategy.