40 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• The red cavalier
    • The green cavalier
    • The middle cavalier
    • Red and green combo
    • Green and middle
    • Red and middle

It really depends on the game. For example, in FE6 I'll use both, yet in FE5 I don't use either.

Who are the ones in FE5? Alba nad Kein? I can't think of anyone else.

It always depends.

For example:

FE6: Allen and Lance

FE7: Sain and Lowen (well I usually use all of them actually)

FE8: Franz and Forde

FE9: Oscar and Kieran

FE10: Most of the paladins suck in this game so I use Oscar and Titania mostly.

Since there were only 2 that were the same I voted for the red and green.

Who are the ones in FE5? Alba nad Kein? I can't think of anyone else.

They're probably the closest you'll get to a Cain and Abel type deal, though I'm not sure if they count or not. On the other hand, there are those that claim that Othin and Halvan fill that role, but I digress.

They're probably the closest you'll get to a Cain and Abel type deal, though I'm not sure if they count or not. On the other hand, there are those that claim that Othin and Halvan fill that role, but I digress.

But they aren't Cavaliers. I guess they are closer than Kein Alba though.

But they aren't Cavaliers. I guess they are closer than Kein Alba though.

Technically Kein and Alba aren't Cavaliers either. Lance Knights and Social Knights are two distinct classes in FE5.

But I think I'm getting slightly off topic here.

FE 7: Sain (Ladies man FTW!)

FE 8: Franz (He arrives earlier and prefer him over the other two)

FE 9: Oscar, Kieran, Astrid (Two awesome friends and a cute girl!)

FE 10... I dunno. I don't like to use Oscar and Kieran in this one for some reason. I end up using Fiona and Astrid as my paladins.

6: Lance and Allen, but Lance tends to turn out better

7: Kent and Sain. I've never tried using Lowen (And Marcus and Isadora suck)

8: Eh, I've used Kyle, Forde, Franz and Amelia. Kyle was rubbish, Franz was the best, I found. Stats-wise. This is making Kyle and Forde Great Knights, and Franz and Amelia paladins.

That said, Gilliam makes a killer Great Knight.

9: Oscar and Kieran. I've used Titania on hard mode but she isn't exactly wonderful. Neither is Kieran really

Haven't played 10, and I'm not very far into 1/3/11/whatever...

I just pick who I like...

This. But for the sake of the topic it's mainly the red and green combo.

7: Kent

8: Kyle and Seth

9: Oscar, Geoffery and Titania

DS/11: Cain, Abel, Frey, Hardin, and the second pallidan you get.(so far anyway)

Depends:

FE1DS: Depends on the playthrough at hand, but I try to use both of them whenever possible.

FE4: Only when the situation calls for the red and green cavs. Alex on the other hand... Well... Even though Alex comes in during part 2, Mistolteen is too good to pass up. Let's put it that way.

FE6: I use both of the red and green cavs. Alan and Lance are good. Noah is pretty good to use too.

FE7: See FE6. Only replace Alan with Kent and Lance with Sain. Lowen is pretty sucky. But Marcus and Isadora both are used when the situation calls for them. All of them are used when unlocking support conversations however.

FE8: The middle one is the best for me. Kyle isn't too shabby, and Forde kinda stinks. Amelia as a cavalier is good too.

FE9: Green is the way to go.

FE10: Haven't tried other than certain situations.

Edited by Little Al

Prejudice doesn't enter into my decision as to which cavalier to use. Green, red, it don't matter...it's just a color, we're all the same underneathe (besides stats).

I like social knights, and will usually use 2. There are usually 2 social knights (at least) who are decent fighters, and of course being mounted means high movement. Also being able to use 2 types of weapons give them flexibility not many other nonpromoted classes have. Who I use is dependent on their personality and look. Favoritism for female social knights (since they are rare).

• 2 weeks later...

It is hard to say. This thread has no mention of blue, like Lex who's just a shit-kicker or Geoffery in FE10.

It also depends. You can't sort it out by color because somewhere along the line of games the entire Red/Green and Spd/Str combo got totally ass-fucking-backwards. In one game the Red is the Strong one and Green is the faast but in FE8, it is obvious that Kyle as significantly less Speed than Forde, who has significantly less Strength.