Movies

irock708

Post your favorites. Or your favorite actors/actresses. Or directors. Or whatevers.

Anything related to film goes here.

My favorite movies list is quite long, so I won't be posting it on here. However, I will say that I watch EVERYTHING. Action, comedy, drama, romance, animated, kids' films (I still love Disney and Disney/Pixar productions (except Cars)), foreign films, horror, suspense. Yep, I like it all.

My favorite directors are Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg, Michele Gondry, and Charlie Chaplin. Actors are Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, Robin Williams, and Hugh Jackman. And Natalie Portman is the only woman I can call my favorite actress.

Wow, I'm such a nerd.

I watch a lot of foreign movies (particularly French ones, Audrey Tatou is one of my favourite actresses) but I like your basic action, comedy, drama blahablha. I'm not really a fan of teen movies because most of the time the plot is stupid and predictable and the actors are so crap. Also, I LOVE DISNEY MOVIES.

Yeah, I like most stuff.

I don't watch a HUGE list of foreign films, but I've seen a handful. Does Babel count as a foreign film? It takes place in like three different countries, lawlz.

I hate teen movies. I watch them when I have nothing better to do. I also watch chick flicks, lmao.

I love old school Disney films. And Disney/Pixar productions are pretty great, too. My favorite Disney/Pixar film is Wall*E. And Lion King, Tarzan, and Beauty and the Beast are my three favorite old school Disney films.

I'll watch anything, though the less appealing ones tend to be romance/comedies, stupid movies (anything with Will Ferrell) and some action movies. I love foreign movies (the good ones).

God, Will Ferrell. He is hilarious. In a fashionably stupid way.

My favorite genres are drama and comedy, lol, so talk about ironic.

But that just leads me to move on to how Will can actually act. In Stranger than Fiction, he wasn't too bad or anything. It was actually a nice change of role from most of his movies

• 2 weeks later...
Taken is wonderful if you want to see why you should never, ever fuck with Liam Neeson.

You know how they could have made Star Wars prequel trilogy a thousand times better?

Liam Neeson lives and gets triple the screen time.

That, and replacing Jar Jar with John Rhys Davies in a gilly suit, and casting Clint Eastwood as Anakin.

And hiring someone with the balls to go "No, this is gay" to Lucas when he puts forth a shitty idea.

When Anakin's mum died, he should have made her into a cigar.

I'm a bit of a cinemaphile, so listing my favorites would be exhaustive and boring for most people to read. Suffice it to post the most recent gem I watched, which was a Canadian film called Lars and the Real Girl, about an intensely introverted individual who lived in the garage out behind his brother's house for most of his adult life. The plot starts when he buys a full size sex doll of the internet and treats it as his wife, pushing her around in a wheelchair, moving with his brother and having them help take care of his "paralyzed" wife Bianca, bathing her and dressing her each day.

Of course the doll is a devise he uses to get to know his family and find the confidence to be an adult, but such a paltry description as the one I've written does the film no justice. It's truly a masterpiece that just needs to be watched.

Edited by California Mountain Snake