2. 2. Where do you hope it will be set

• Archanea
    • Barensia
    • Jugdral
    • Elibe
    • Magvel
    • Tellius
    • A new continent

I'd like a remake of FE6, but besides that I'm up for a new continent. IS is quite good at making new worlds, and I think making a world that mixes the themes from the other games could be surprisingly good. I hope they keep laguz in any new world they make, but I doubt it will happen.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone noticed that all the second games on a continent have taken place at different times in relation to the first game? FE3 was an extension of FE1, FE5 was a midquel of FE4, FE7 was a prequel of FE6, and FE10 was a sequel to FE9. Weird, they have an extension, midquel, prequel, and sequel. And FE2...

Although the extension is like a sequel. FE2... A sidequel? XD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things I want.

FE6 remake for the DS, and FE4 remake for the Wii.

I'm betting the next one will be something like an FE4 remake of sorts, just cause that would be epic. =/

Exactly. Thracia isn't exactly the hardest thing, it's only badly polished. Like not being able to move your characters around--in the chapter with Amalda and Conomore, I usually have to dump all my characters and take 16 or however many ones I don't plan on using, and just have Leaf leave, as I never have the right characters at the bottom of the map to carry off, or at the very least retreat, from Blume's forces.

No formation is so ughhh.

Chapter 22 only needs to be taken slow. Let the Ballistas run out, or pick them off with long-range spells like Thunderstorm or Meteo. Better yet, rewarp a good staff user (depending on your leveling, Sara and Asvel are great for this) down into the mess around there after taking out a space and have them rape everything. The rest can be wasted away by having them fire at someone with good defense until they run out. Then just combat the shitload of leadership stars on the enemy by using the King Sword and Nanna, Delmud if you're using him, Leaf if he can support your fighters stalling at the bridges, and a bunch of staff users. Take the waves piece after piece and just have fun with it.

Exactly - it took me like 100 turns to beat it, taking it slowly. But it was still easy.

The only real chapter I can remember troubling was with was the prison chapter at the beginning, and that's only because you're subjected to luck sometimes, given that everyone has swords and all enemies that you fight, for the most part, have lances.

I didn't have trouble with that. I thought the hardest chapter in the game was 24x (without save states) - I'm surprised you didn't mention that - it was a product of evilness and bad game designing, what the hell, there are over 9000 warp floors and the only way to save your units is with staves, which you don't get too much of and they can be very useful for the final chapter. Warp skipping is hard too as it's an escape chapter and you get flooded by rewarping dark mage reinforcements and Hero and Sniper reinforcements.

I would really like to see a remake of FE4 on the Wii, or FE6 on the DS. Emulating has helped me play games that I couldn't because of the language barrier, but I'd rather have an official localization than a potentially messed up computer.

Despite my hopes, Intelligent Systems is most likely going to make a completely new game. (To be honest, I think that's the best choice seeing how they handled Shadow Dragon)

I didn't have trouble with that. I thought the hardest chapter in the game was 24x (without save states) - I'm surprised you didn't mention that - it was a product of evilness and bad game designing, what the hell, there are over 9000 warp floors and the only way to save your units is with staves, which you don't get too much of and they can be very useful for the final chapter. Warp skipping is hard too as it's an escape chapter and you get flooded by rewarping dark mage reinforcements and Hero and Sniper reinforcements.

I reference charts when bad design comes into play, simply 'cause I don't want to waste my time with it.

Thracia's difficulty is on a different level than something like FE10 HM or FE11 H5. The amount of gay shit the game throws at you is far different from just stuff like overpowered enemies.

Souen's (FE9) Maniac Mode > those, though New Ankoku's (FEDS) hands you high-stat things everywhere. At least Maniac Mode presented a hard game, rather than acting as if it were trying to be hard.

Wasn't there a bit in RD when it was explained that

all the continents except Tellius were drowned by a great flood?

So I can't see the new FE game taking place on a new continent unless it is set on another planet or whatever (besides, I really want another Tellius adventure -

maybe Soren hatches a plan to usurp Micaiah from being ruler of Daein or something...

)

Wasn't there a bit in RD when it was explained that

all the continents except Tellius were drowned by a great flood?

So I can't see the new FE game taking place on a new continent unless it is set on another planet or whatever (besides, I really want another Tellius adventure -

maybe Soren hatches a plan to usurp Micaiah from being ruler of Daein or something...

)

The flood could've happened thousands of years after every other FE game.

Souen's (FE9) Maniac Mode > those, though New Ankoku's (FEDS) hands you high-stat things everywhere. At least Maniac Mode presented a hard game, rather than acting as if it were trying to be hard.

I can't see how the map design and game mechanics in FE9 could possibly make it on the same level as FE5. I only didn't list it along with the other two because I've never played it, however.

Some day I'm going to get off my lazy ass and get the JPN version of FE9 and burn it to a playable disc.

I can't see how the map design and game mechanics in FE9 could possibly make it on the same level as FE5

I'd rather not compare unfinished games to finished ones, especially when the lack of refinement is where most of the "difficulty" stems from :[

The most likely one to me seems to be a new game. But I want FE4 localized for the whole world to enjoy. I don't care if they dumb it down to be appropriate. It'd still be an epic game. And I want my Sigurd in SSB4.

I'd rather not compare unfinished games to finished ones, especially when the lack of refinement is where most of the "difficulty" stems from :[

You can throw around "unfinished" all you want to describe FE5, and it would certainly be accurate in many aspects, but there is no way to determine that it accounts for all of the mechanics and map designs that make it difficult.

Fatigue, ballistae, leadership, rewarp, no money, staff accuracy, etc. Surely not all of those are because the game is "unfinished?"

Because it wasn't exactly tested, no, it's not. Considering how obviously broken those are, especially in respect to every other game in the series, and the mode the game was initially released through, and the general structure of the game, including mechanics and animations--it's safe to assume that it was rushed through, and wasn't expected to be as commercial a release as the rest of the series.

But think what you want :/

but there is no way to determine that it accounts for all of the mechanics and map designs that make it difficult.

What map is hard, other than the ones with broken warp ti--oh wait, they're broken.

Since they just made a remake, I'm assuming the game won't be a one, and I think it'll be on a new continent. If it is going to be a remake, there's a good chance it will be of FE3.

Since they just made a remake, I'm assuming the game won't be a one, and I think it'll be on a new continent. If it is going to be a remake, there's a good chance it will be of FE3.

Isn't that just a remake of Fire Emblem 1? (which FE11 is also a remake of)

Personally, a sequel to Magvel I would delight in. FE8 had fun mechanics that need to be worked on. FE8 could have been incredibly amazing, but it fell severely short. Its sequel can be worked on, and something great can be made from it.

Now reading through the topic though? T.T Celice reminded me how bad I wanna see FE9's maniac mode.

EDIT: You people can't SERIOUSLY like Jugdral that much!

Edited by Kuja

Tip for Cyas chapter

On your first turn, warp your most powerful character, hope he criticals and defeats him in one turn then use another staff user to rescue him on the same turn. If your character doesn't defeat him, then reset and try again.

Anyways Judgral please. I would love a game about the loput empire and the 12 crusaders. Judgral is the best continent, I don't know if they can make a better one.

Now reading through the topic though? T.T Celice reminded me how bad I wanna see FE9's maniac mode.

I might still have my copy, if you can't/don't have the necessary homebrew to do so, if you wanted to try it out ^^;

Isn't that just a remake of Fire Emblem 1? (which FE11 is also a remake of)

Ankoku is the original Fire Emblem. Monshou is Fire Emblem 3--it contains two Books, the first being a remake of the first, and the second being the actual Fire Emblem 3.

I might still have my copy, if you can't/don't have the necessary homebrew to do so, if you wanted to try it out ^^;

What exactly are you suggesting?

Also, homebrew? You mean like with that wii channel? Heard about it, no clue what it is.

Tip for Cyas chapter

On your first turn, warp your most powerful character, hope he criticals and defeats him in one turn then use another staff user to rescue him on the same turn. If your character doesn't defeat him, then reset and try again.

You're gonna be resetting alot, since Cyas's RNG is rigged to prevent him from dying.

Kill the boss, warp Leaf, win :o

What exactly are you suggesting?

If you're looking to buy a copy, I might have one.

Also, homebrew? You mean like with that wii channel? Heard about it, no clue what it is.

All you need is the ability to execute the illegal code to install a homebrew channel, which then allows you to do the same whenever you want. Twilight Princess is the main avenue for this, but there may be a new one now. Check out GBAtemp--once you can install channels or boot your own homebrew, you can run a GameCube back-up loader without any hardware modification.