A Fireman's Sprite Gallery

Fireman

Well, actually, the main reason I'm re-opening my "gallery" is that I'm in charge of touching up/fixing/overseeing a whole bunch of sprites for a (you guessed it) hacking project, and it would be really helpful to have critique/outside opinions on these. Most of the mugs I'm going to post will probably not be originally made by me, but I do have permission to post them here and make any edits I deem necessary to them. So, anyway, here's the first one.

2q2onza.png

Just to clarify, I didn't make this. I only did a few touchups so far. Critique away.

I promise I'll post something original of mine later.

Edited by Fireman

Wow, most people use mix portraits to make new ones...but this one looks really good, I mean it.

If by 'mix portraits', you mean splicing, then no. This one was also made by splicing. Unless you were saying that it looked really good despite being spliced. XD

Edited by Fireman

If by 'mix portraits', you mean splicing, then no. This one was also made by splicing. Unless you were saying that it looked really good despite being spliced. XD

That's exectly what I meant ;).

Looks different since last I saw it. Darker shades perhaps? (looks better) I always felt like saying what the person did above me. That spike rack has always looked weird sticking up in that direction. Other than that, may want to double-check skin tones. I note the outline is FE8's, but I am not too sure if the skin colors are.

Thre may be something else... but it no one notes it after me, I won't point it out.

He has FE7 skin colors. Give him FE8 skin colors, or an FE7 outline,

because you can't mix FE7 colors with FE8 most of the time.

Well, to be techincal, they're Aias's skin tones, but I'll swap it with a darker FE8 skin tone anyway.

Mmh just a question. Is the 1st a mix of Fir, lyndis, and Clairene? I don't really know what i am talking about so i can't give too much help by critiing...but they are better than anything i can do.

I'm assuming it's a mix of Fir, Selena, and a little bit of Priscilla.

I like it. Who's eyes are those?

No one in particular. For the old eyes, I used the bottom rows of Geitz's eyes and slightly edited it. The current eyes are just a shortened version of the old eyes (with some editing). I like to call it eye-splicing. 8D

Edited by Fireman

The right Eye is sort of overlapping his hair, and, uhh... The eyes stand out too much.

I mean, it looks like you put green rocks on a canvas painting.

Edited by TheCilver

The white shirt underneath is not going to cut it with

only two colors.

In that white shirt's defense, the original brown has only two shades as well.

As for crit, I'd say... It has it's fringe starting a little bit too high up the forehead.

Another sprite to edit.

ravenmug03oz3.png

Crit plz. ^^

(Quoted so it'd be on this page too.)

Yellow hair is yellow. Actually doesn't bother me... but there is that one blade of hair that curls into the face (near the eye). This is an irregularity. The rest of his hair is straight, directly effected by gravity, while it is the only one not to.

Also, are skin tones indeed FE8?

Edited by Bohemund