FE4 THREAD

Fia

I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second...

So no, nothing's the matter, but wahhhh... ;a;

One Liter of Tears is probably right up your alley, then.

homg I know. /sniffle ;A;

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dude really? The ending sucked. >_>

How so?

@Roxas: Might as well check it out. May watch it today if it's a movie. Which would make it the third I'll be watching today..!

EDIT: There are three things... a film, a series, and a book. Which are you talking about?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

@Roxas: Might as well check it out. May watch it today if it's a movie. Which would make it the third I'll be watching today..!

EDIT: There are three things... a film, a series, and a book. Which are you talking about?

It's the TV series.

An 11-episode tear-jerking TV series. Went through eight boxes of tissues with my girlfriend when we marathoned it one night. :sob:

Edited by Rock Howard

It's the TV series.

An 11-episode tear-jerking TV series. Went through eight boxes of tissues with my girlfriend when we marathoned it one night. :sob:

Oddly enough I didn't shed a tear with 5CPS, but I did feel really gripped... ;a;

If said series is even more sad than 5CPS then I may...

SHUTUP I BEAT YOU IN LB2 ONCE. And I still raped your Hotaru with my mad Crack Counter skeeeeeelz.

But seriously. I had to go. >:

The lag was the winner. Doesn't matter since yoou lost both matches in the end. :E

I know, that's why it was strikethrough'd.

How so?

Sucked as in it was really bad. Not, storywise bad. Bad as in I didn't like how it ended that way.

Sucked as in it was really bad. Not, storywise bad. Bad as in I didn't like how it ended that way.

The ending was just extremely ambiguous. The last thing that happened concretely in the story was Akari and Takaki walking by on train tracks. As they both reach the other side, each person looks back and the train obscures the view of each other. She's gone when the train passed, so he just smiles and walks on. But before that, there were multiple images that represented either...

1. Different paths that the story might have took afterwards

2. Futures that could have been but weren't.

In my opinion, the ambiguous ending is actually what embellished the beauty of the story. The fact that it's up to individual interpretation emphasizes how romance, like a lot of things in life, can take many paths, and which one is the "true" or "best" path is never certain until the ending has been reached.

... Of course, that's just how I see it.

@ Response to video: And you have no heart or maybe you're just immune to romance. And if it's the latter, then why were you watching 5CPS?

EDIT: Another interpretation of the movie is that the ending was never the point, but rather that one should stop longing for the past and live in the present. I kind of agree with this, too.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Oh and Psych. Watch this again and read the subtitles and TELL ME YOU AREN'T MOVED.

SNIP

It's impossible not to be moved in this universe, so you're basically a cheater. I mean, think about the rotation of the earth around the sun and shit like that.

How was Bus' Hidden Agenda PT, yesterday?

Completely forgot to talk about this part, whoops.

Hidden Agenda was pretty interesting, though I didn't understand a lot of what was going on, and then eventually I left to go to sleep.

In unrelated news, I can only guess what he just read about

[16:00:13] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> Oh my god

[16:00:15] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> I just

[16:00:28] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> Accidentally spoiled something huge in LoGH for myself

[16:00:32] <Jarvan_IV> o no

[16:00:33] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> now I kinda wanna watch more but

[16:00:35] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> Holy fuck

[16:00:39] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> I regret that

[16:00:46] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> So much

[16:01:05] <Sialvoty_W_Satn> Pretty sure that's the first time I've ever regretted hovering over a spoiler tag

Completely forgot to talk about this part, whoops.

Hidden Agenda was pretty interesting, though I didn't understand a lot of what was going on, and then eventually I left to go to sleep.

In unrelated news, I can only guess what he just read about

I started reading the chat... Lot of coffee was involved, huh?

Poor guy.

This reminded me of Dio for some reason.

W-w-w-why did I w-watch this ;;_;;

This thread has the ability to turn decent people into Fias.

What is a Fia defined as...?

And they became NTG fanboys.

Don't say stuff like that. :(:

*waiting for NTG to fangirl spam over Makoto Shinkai*

:S

To be honest... I don't actually like his works as much as I thought I did. >_< They are absolutely beautiful, yes, but they don't make me want to rewatch them much.

I tried rewatching The Place Promised but I kept stopping, and I ever since I have seen 5CPS on Crunchyroll once I have never felt the urge to watch it again (and I went out of my way to buy the Chinese DVD set from yesasia). It was pretty sad because I ordered it before I knew Crunchyroll was going to show it on Makoto Shinkai day, so at this moment it's like I've wasted my money. T_T But the DVD came with these 5 pretty postcards. And um... I guess I should watch it again one day. ^_^

Oh I know why, it's probably because they're sad. That's preventing my urges... WELL THEY ARE DEFINITELY BEAUTIFUL.

What is a Fia defined as...?

What is a Fia? A Fia is a monster that does not belong in this world. She steals men's souls makes them her slaves. Her words are as empty as her soul, and this thread ill needs a savior such as her.

Don't say stuff like that. :(:

You don't want fanboys, huh... That's good.

What is a Fia? A Fia is a monster that does not belong in this world. She steals men's souls makes them her slaves. Her words are as empty as her soul, and this thread ill needs a savior such as her.

What is a thread? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!

Crunchyroll has invited me to another 30-day free trial :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle: I... I... *sniff*

>_>

You don't want fanboys, huh... That's good.

I guess...

W-w-w-why did I w-watch this ;;_;;

Poor NTG is now traumatized.

:S

To be honest... I don't actually like his works as much as I thought I did. >_< They are absolutely beautiful, yes, but they don't make me want to rewatch them much.

I tried rewatching The Place Promised but I kept stopping, and I ever since I have seen 5CPS on Crunchyroll once I have never felt the urge to watch it again (and I went out of my way to buy the Chinese DVD set from yesasia). It was pretty sad because I ordered it before I knew Crunchyroll was going to show it on Makoto Shinkai day, so at this moment it's like I've wasted my money. T_T But the DVD came with these 5 pretty postcards. And um... I guess I should watch it again one day. ^_^

Oh I know why, it's probably because they're sad. That's preventing my urges... WELL THEY ARE DEFINITELY BEAUTIFUL.

Satoshi Kon was a better movie director. ;___;

The Place Promised in our Early Days was crap IMO. Couldn't stand the techno blabla.

I'm not a fan of his stories either. The really good things he has for him are the pretty backgrounds, and that he does most pretty much everything himself in his movies.

Anyway, did you watch Millenium Actress or Tokyo godfathers, since I think you said you'd buy them?

Poor NTG is now traumatized.

T-totally ;_;

Satoshi Kon was a better movie director. ;___;

The Place Promised in our Early Days was crap IMO. Couldn't stand the techno blabla.

I'm not a fan of his stories either. The really good things he has for him are the pretty backgrounds, and that he does most pretty much everything himself in his movies.

Anyway, did you watch Millenium Actress or Tokyo godfathers, since I think you said you'd buy them?

Yeah I was impressed by his solo-ness too... I guess that's it, the stories just weren't exciting enough for me.

Yes I have Millenium Actress as well. :0 It was Tokyo Godfathers I was thinking of buying. Speaking of which I should get to that huh... And speaking of which I haven't rewatched Millenium Actress yet either. I think it was a bit too abstract for me. Cool tracks though. :3

But you already have quite a lot...

Nah...