Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

"sale finalizing"

could it take four more years

who the hell is going to invest on a team that gets 8000 attendance for home games

the junior team in my city gets more than that every night

soon they're going to pay people to watch the games

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Poor Pilot. Nobody will believe him.

I can understand a few California teams, Florida gets all the snowbirds and at least the Texas team was almost always successful.

But for the love of hockey please let the Coyotes do like what the Thrashers and the Flames before them did.

It's not like you can tell what brands they are from the picture.

Tour 550 Leg pads

Mission Soldier blocker

Tour 6000 Glove

>:

Poor Pilot. Nobody will believe him.

>:

could it take four more years

who the hell is going to invest on a team that gets 8000 attendance for home games

the junior team in my city gets more than that every night

soon they're going to pay people to watch the games

*~12500, with no owner and having a bad start in a bad arena location

I can understand a few California teams, Florida gets all the snowbirds and at least the Texas team was almost always successful.

But for the love of hockey please let the Coyotes do like what the Thrashers and the Flames before them did.

And who gets them? Quebec?

The best thing that ever happened to that team was moving to Colorado. and not just because it let them get Roy

The next expansion/relocation will be Seattle. Then mayyyybe Quebec. If it's a two team expansion for their realignment.

*~12500, with no owner and having a bad start in a bad arena location

Our own arena would be full EVERY GAME at over 15000 and it's considered to not have enough seats by NHL standards. Nevermind that the tickets would rival other Canadian teams in cost and beer would cost 11 bucks per glass.

It was even full for some junior games, such as when big prospects like Crosby would be in town. I bet the game tickets cost even more than those for a few southern NHL teams in the south.

Only a prideful cretin ready to destroy his sport would put an ice hockey team in the middle of the bloody desert and hope for success. He barely even tried to negotiate before starting the damn lock out.

And who gets them? Quebec?

The best thing that ever happened to that team was moving to Colorado. and not just because it let them get Roy

The next expansion/relocation will be Seattle. Then mayyyybe Quebec. If it's a two team expansion for their realignment.

Just move north, never to come back. Seattle can't be a worse joke than Phoenix.

Part of that was because a salary cap wasn't introduced. It also killed the Whalers and the old school Jets, both teams having a fairly good history and fanbase, for the profit of Carolina and Phoenix. I'd be a fool to agree that Denver's a bad market, though, but the move leaves a very sour taste when you consider what the franchise has been through. It was getting great too, though the Sundin trade was balls.

They better fix the divisions too.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Our own arena would be full EVERY GAME at over 15000 and it's considered to not have enough seats by NHL standards. Nevermind that the tickets would rival other Canadian teams in cost and beer would cost 11 bucks per glass.

It was even full for some junior games, such as when big prospects like Crosby would be in town. I bet the game tickets cost even more than those for a few southern NHL teams in the south.

Only a prideful cretin ready to destroy his sport would put an ice hockey team in the middle of the bloody desert and hope for success. He barely even tried to negotiate before starting the damn lock out.

Relocation to Phoenix was based off of three things:

- The lack of support to Winnipeg (despite whatever you might have heard, the Jets averaged less than the Coyotes now until the relocation talk started)

- The lack of any owner due to the lack of financial sense to stay, especially with the Canadian dollar being weak

- The existence of an owner ready to pay a large amount to be in one of the largest metropolitan areas in North America

Pretending it's some evil scheme is easy. However expansion and relocation plans had already existed before Bettman. He was just there when it happened.