FE4 THREAD

Fia

They stand out alright

However, I tend to read them as "do not read me" signs

I know Freohr uses it so people won't take her seriously, for instance

Wait what.....

I.... didn't use it for that reason... but it could have been something that occurred to me after I started using it~

I use this for people to not take me seriously though... majority of the time =3

I started using it just because the first time I joined an FE forum somebody was using blue font and I was like "OMG SINCE WHEN COULD YOU DO THAT SO PRETTYYYYYYY" and once I realized people had to highlight their posts all the time I just decided to start doing it, myself.

I don't do it for attention like everybody expects... it's like I don't do it for others, I do it for myself regardless of what others think about it~ I just think it's fun and pretty having a theme so I picked one up ^~^

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what.....

I.... didn't use it for that reason... but it could have been something that occurred to me after I started using it~

I use this for people to not take me seriously though... majority of the time =3

I started using it just because the first time I joined an FE forum somebody was using blue font and I was like "OMG SINCE WHEN COULD YOU DO THAT SO PRETTYYYYYYY" and once I realized people had to highlight their posts all the time I just decided to start doing it, myself.

I don't do it for attention like everybody expects... it's like I don't do it for others, I do it for myself regardless of what others think about it~ I just think it's fun and pretty having a theme so I picked one up ^~^

A reason to keep on using something is still a reason alright

Wait what.....

That's... why I post in purple.

Except the "somebody who was using a colored font" that I saw was you, Raven, and Emerald...

Colors are pretty.

So it's for myself, yeah.

I'm so selfish.

Suddenly posting seems much more complicated than I thought it was...

Is there, uh, a way for me to... uh... "clean" my posts?

'Cause I really don't know.

And yeah, the only reason I know a lot of British English spellings is because I've met Australian and British people, read books in British English, and studied, for a short time, at a local school (Russian school), where they used textbooks from Britain or something.

I have no clue... that's why I keep saying "idk how you're doing that" x3

I guess it's not too big a deal but when they're messy like that it's easier to mess up codes for example your black strikethrough over purple text x3

Oooh yeah Australian that's another~

[spoiler=empires story no one cares about]So I was playing that ol dw7: empires, like I been doing for the past couple of days

and I came to a decision point

starting the game as a mercenary, I quickly recruited the obligatory female(wang yuanji)and bro(gan ning)

we did merc things for a while till I noticed there was an area that was doing pretty well for itself in the center

the leader was xing cai

I then hatched a dastardly plan

I could join up with that kingdom, rise through the ranks, and then when I was promoted to prefect

stage a glorious rebellion in which I take all of xing cai's lands and make her my wife to boot

gahaha

but then something happened

after joining the kingdom I realized these were all pretty chill dudes

xing cai was actually doing an acceptable job of warmongering, for an AI

so I thought to myself

eh

why bother

and proceeded to marry wang yuanji and serve the rest of my days as a loyal officer till china was unified

evidence that I can stifle my own ambitions even in vidya games

hey yo fefan guy what is your native language and how long did it take you to get as fluent as ya are in english

I ask because I'm thinking about learning at least a couple of languages soon-ish and am curious as to how other people handle it and stuff

A reason to keep on using something is still a reason alright

Well... even if the thought occurred to me it's not... really why I keep it up I guess? I just never do it with those intentions because I forgot I even thought that up XD

Well... even if the thought occurred to me it's not... really why I keep it up I guess? I just never do it with those intentions because I forgot I even thought that up XD

You make a constant effort not to be taken seriously

It's okay to admit it, Freohr

hey yo fefan guy what is your native language and how long did it take you to get as fluent as ya are in english

I ask because I'm thinking about learning at least a couple of languages soon-ish and am curious as to how other people handle it and stuff

My native language is English. (Having been born and raised in the U.S., that's to be expected, of course.)

But since, by ethnicity, I'm Korean, I learned Korean, since I was... six, if I recall correctly. (Although, recently, as in for the past two years, I haven't been studying - or speaking - in Korean. And now I'm starting to forget...)

I lived in Seoul for a year, and went to school there. That reenforced my Korean a lot.

A lot.

My Korean, otherwise, would've stayed at an extremely primitive level.

A year later (in '09), when my family moved to Kyrgyzstan as volunteers four years ago, I was forced to learn either Russian or Kyrgyz.

Well, since nobody knows Kyrgyz, and since I would have little use for it after I leave, I chose Russian. (Perhaps a bad choice??? I find the language very... challenging.)

Also, since I was constantly exposed to Russian-speakers, I was able to pick up Russian at a relatively decent pace. (Going to a Russian school does that to you.) Now, I can pretty much communicate effectively, although lack of vocabulary sometimes gets in the way.

Japanese I started learning in Kyrgyzstan, too. We know a Japanese family here (They teach Japanese to the locals.), so I decided that I wanted to learn Japanese. Having a Korean background helped a lot, honestly. Especially when it comes to vocab and grammar. The two languages are incredibly similar.

So... I've been using English since birth.

Korean since birth, although not as much as English.

Russian since four years ago.

And Japanese since a year and a half ago.

It's interesting, to say the least.

Prior to coming to Kyrgyzstan, I had little interest in languages.

Now I do. (That may be because I'm older know, though... Most 13-year-olds don't have much interest in studies...)

English is the only language I speak fluently...

The others range from "Ugh, that's terrible." (Japanese) to "Heh, you speak quite well for a foreigner." (Russian). Korean's somewhere between...

I feel ashamed for knowing Russian better than Korean...

So yeah, this is a little about me~

EDIT:

It didn't take me any time to become fluent since I was pretty much always fluent? I'm American, so... yeah.

Also, the best way to learn a language is through exposure. Or that's how I experienced things, at least. My Russian and Korean, which I was exposed to, are significantly better than my Japanese. I know that such opportunities aren't always viable, but I'm just saying...

If you have the chance to visit a place where people speak the language you want to/are learning, then take it. Definitely take it. Of course, going abroad may be a hard experience, but it's a worthwhile one. At least, according to my parents, it is...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Then I don't, of course

That means I have to act seriously all the time...

TheEnd you really mean so very very much to this thread, you may try not to see it but this place went from having 500 posts a day to less than a hundred posts per day. Now that you're back, the activity's picked up again! This thread is alive again and we definitely have you to thank because it didn't pick up until you came back.

So this thread is a sad sad place when you abandon it and that's why you cannot expect everyone, especially your closer friends, to forget you when you are gone.

He hasn't been around for quite a while, hasn't he...?

Thankfully.

That means I have to act seriously all the time...

TheEnd you really mean so very very much to this thread, you may try not to see it but this place went from having 500 posts a day to less than a hundred posts per day. Now that you're back, the activity's picked up again! This thread is alive again and we definitely have you to thank because it didn't pick up until you came back.

So this thread is a sad sad place when you abandon it and that's why you cannot expect everyone, especially your closer friends, to forget you when you are gone.

I see, so I need to take this post seriously

Let's see...

You mean that Roxas/Namine-guy???

Why?

(I don't know him. I just saw some of his posts.)

He'll beg you to do him

Edited by OldMan

Okay! =D

Alright, I got it

I'd be lying if I said that comment doesn't make me happy, Freohr. However... I'm afraid I can't reciprocate your feelings. Please understand.

Uh-oh. That doesn't sound right.

And it shouldn't

Alright, I got it

I'd be lying if I said that comment doesn't make me happy, Freohr. However... I'm afraid I can't reciprocate your feelings. Please understand.

Yaaaaaaaay

I don't expect you to agree with me x3 I was just wanting it so you wouldn't get to say "you don't mean it, you're only saying that to make me feel better" or "you're only saying that because you hate me" and whatnot ^~^ Mostly the second

Also, the best way to learn a language is through exposure. Or that's how I experienced things, at least. My Russian and Korean, which I was exposed to, are significantly better than my Japanese. I know that such opportunities aren't always viable, but I'm just saying...

If you have the chance to visit a place where people speak the language you want to/are learning, then take it. Definitely take it. Of course, going abroad may be a hard experience, but it's a worthwhile one. At least, according to my parents, it is...

I see, I see...thanks for sharing because that was...

...Interesting! Sounds like a very interesting life you have lead, I must confess that I am a little

envious!

As for exposure, that's my general plan actually. I guess I'll tell you what's up with me since you gave quite a spiel

I'm a guy of small ambitions and nothing to do with his youth so

my idea is to learn the basics of a language here in the states

then go live either with someone who speaks language and has nothing better to do than teach me/in a country that speaks language

until I become some sort of polyglot

I'm starting with spanish (taking a class atm) since that's a language I knew when I was a kid but forgot to the point where I can barely cobble things together, although I understand competently

kinda like your korean

then I'll just go live with relatives in either denver or mexico till I get it down, shouldn't take me more than a few months

after that though, the next language I wanna learn will probably be japanese because of reasons

I don't know how I'll sustain myself in moonland once I go, but I have a couple years to figure something out

*wakes up from 2 hour nap*

Because black, when everybody else posts in black, is boring.

But I'm vanilla. D:

What do you have against boring people

I'm pretty boring. Besides my "be god" when asleep abilities.

Does that mean they have to dislike me now?

Edited by shadowofchaos