• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know what is your approach towards employers and what is your resume like.

I'm applying to job offers when I can find them and sending e-mails to other companies.

My resume isn't too sexy I guess. It has my education with a description ot the projects I worked on, key skills, softwares I'm familiar with and languages.

I'm applying to job offers when I can find them and sending e-mails to other companies.

My resume isn't too sexy I guess. It has my education with a description ot the projects I worked on, key skills, softwares I'm familiar with and languages.

I'm usually lucky enough to have the job applications sent to me, either through sites I've registered in or through the small group of contacts I have at the college I graduated. Sadly, they also advertise for jobs in other régions of my province, which is humonguous. Just today I had three of those.

You didn't mention any past jobs, which could at least be interesting if you had any. Also the presentation remains quite important, though I suppose there are variations between resumes in your area compared to mine. Generally it shouldn't be longer than two pages either.

Sadly even then, some employers might just not take you seriously because you're young. Age discrimination is sadly pretty damn common, and wasn't it in your country that any employee below the age of 26 can be fired without any explanation too? Hopefully this isn't around anymore.

That reminds me, a good letter of introduction and references are both very helpful, the former being almost mandatory.

Edited by Woodshooter

I'm usually lucky enough to have the job applications sent to me, either through sites I've registered in or through the small group of contacts I have at the college I graduated. Sadly, they also advertise for jobs in other régions of my province, which is humonguous. Just today I had three of those.

You didn't mention any past jobs, which could at least be interesting if you had any. Also the presentation remains quite important, though I suppose there are variations between resumes in your area compared to mine. Generally it shouldn't be longer than two pages either.

Sadly even then, some employers might just not take you seriously because you're young. Age discrimination is sadly pretty damn common, and wasn't it in your country that any employee below the age of 26 can be fired without any explanation too? Hopefully this isn't around anymore.

That reminds me, a good letter of introduction and references are both very helpful, the former being almost mandatory.

Yeah, I try to look for the ones in my region as well.

They're not relevant enough to mention in my resume imo.

Sadly it seems my gender might be playing against me in this field too.

Yeah, I have an online portfolio as well which I link employers to as well.