• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even thinking of the situation with the woman in terms of whether or not she'll attack me physically, but I'm still fucked even if she did. Most of us live in a society where male violence against women even in self defense is viewed in an extremely negative light. Moreover, it's rather unlikely that a small woman is out searching for her lost child alone. She was most likely accompanied by her boyfriend/husband/male relative/etc., so you'll probably end up having to deal with a man regardless.

The threat posed by the woman isn't physical in nature. People who have lost a child tend to be extremely irrational and emotional. It's entirely possible that she would stalk and harass you depending on how irrational she is. This can cause irreparable damage to a person's reputation. I know someone who lost their job because of something like that.

In the premise of the scenario, she was alone. It is unlikely, but that is how it is presented. If the woman was cornering you in an alley on her own, then she was out for blood or some other off the record action.

I think the point of this question is about the fight or flight scenario. It's nearly impossible to predict how your body would react to the situation, but I don't think you are going to be thinking about the consequences when someone comes at you. When I think of being afraid, I think of an adrenaline rush. I'm not scared of the prospect of being harassed or stalked. Assuming that the woman approached me in the alley and directly accused me of kidnapping her child, she has doubts. She has no reason to accuse me. If she is right, then I know what I did and she doesn't need to tell me, let alone in an alleyway. She would be putting herself in danger by doing so.

The thing that scares me the most is that she is coming at me alone in an alleyway expressing her accusations off the record. She is already being irrational. She is unpredictable. Her motives are unclear. And should she try to attack me, she has no reason to give up until I am dead.

Edited by Makaze

My answer is more hinged on my own innocence in the presumed situation. Because I didn't kidnap the woman's child, there has to be a way to clear up that issue, such as taking it to the police or some other way of proving my innocence that doesn't resort to violence. It hinges on something about me. If I can prove my innocence, I'm good to go.

The dude on the other hand hinges on something about him. He's out for violence. He's got a weapon, for fuck's sake. Doesn't matter what I do or not do, he'll probably attack. I have a lot less potential control over the situation because I can't just go I DIDNT STEAL YOUR KID HERE IS IRREFUTABLE PROOF whereas what's to say that he won't try to beat you up anyway even if you hand over the wallet? Or even worse? I have other unfortunate implications to worry about a man in a dark alley with a weapon. There's a lot to lose here.

Granted if he's untrained and less than three times my size I have a decent shot at disarming him, thank god for it being a bludgeon and not a gun, but it's not 100% chance. I'm not that good of a fighter.

Also i really don't like quoting things lol

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Being dead is harder. A bludgeon can kill if hit with enough force/at the right spot. And there's other things I have to worry about that revolves around being constantly on guard if I walk even slightly a bit late at night.

Do I like it? Not a bit. Do I think we should have to deal with that shit? Not a bit. But given how society is I really would not trust a man in a dark alley with a bludgeon. I have way too much to lose there.

It's not a thing most on these forums worry about, but some of you will know what I mean there.

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

The very situation of being in a dark alley is something to be avoided at all costs, though. You kinda lose the moment you step into it.

/post

There are long posties here

Yes

Now you must make long posties too

Edited by OldMan

Being dead is harder. A bludgeon can kill if hit with enough force/at the right spot. And there's other things I have to worry about that revolves around being constantly on guard if I walk even slightly a bit late at night.

Do I like it? Not a bit. Do I think we should have to deal with that shit? Not a bit. But given how society is I really would not trust a man in a dark alley with a bludgeon. I have way too much to lose there.

It's not a thing most on these forums worry about, but some of you will know what I mean there.

Very well said.

I'm not scared of that myself, but it adds a whole new dynamic.

Hi Acacia

Yes

Now you must make long posties too

No thank you I am sick of thinking ;~;

I could make a sorta long sentence complaining that I'm sick of thinking because I took 3 quizzes and 1 test and skimmed 8 powerpoints despite how I started falling asleep partway through doing that and read several articles as part of a reading assignment today so now I don't want to do any work anymore.

So you're playing with her, huh

Meanwhile, some guys are trying to drag me back into RO1

Thankfully, the probability their server will be a failure is extremely high

Damn Piety, killed me when I was about to pot

There goes another run

Edited by OldMan