• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

\o/

Im actually a huge fan of The Valley of Corrupted Gravity and later, Mille Seseau in general. But hoary shit, lemmie tell ya. Starting that game and really paying attention to the dialogue...that localization is among the worst ever. Its like, all the effort went into graphics, gameplay, etc and they didnt even bother localizing it properly. Haschel's lines are among the most egregious in that its obvious hes supposed to "sound" a certain way when speaking. But the localization didnt bother really shifting his dialogue to better fit his character. Shana is also a victim of this (and she comes off as hella unfeminist as a result). So yeah, i think this game needs a remake just for that reason alone.

The cutscenes bugged me more than anything, but you're right.

Is the company that made it dead or something?

you need t0 put more emotion into that

Pretty sure he had to ninja that in so quick that he had no time to be like "MANJO DAS PUTARIAS!!" with extra hilarious fervor. So i commend the effort.

The j? I suppose

Closer than Spanish at least

EDIT: An opening!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PmcgIhn5so

You know, because of your internet avi and username, I imagine you as old. Like middle-age old.

And then I just realized... (after hearing your not-a-grandpa voice) that 31 isn't that old at all.

That's still pretty young.

The cutscenes bugged me more than anything, but you're right.

Is the company that made it dead or something?

The cutscenes would have been like, hella more interesting had the localization been better. You know, if they ever remade that game, nigh full voice acting is an option. One of the coolest scenes in the game is that big ol hangin' Dragon Campaign flashback. That shit is hella cool but there was a really bad rush job on the voice acting in it. D: Narm errywhere. But the entire game, with today's graphic capabilities could look like that. And one thing LoD was a true viking at, was unique character/location/creature designs. The way everything looked was so very different than other JRPGs. This game and Xenogears: Two games that NEED to be remade.

And no. Sony made it. (lol)

The cutscenes would have been like, hella more interesting had the localization been better. You know, if they ever remade that game, nigh full voice acting is an option. One of the coolest scenes in the game is that big ol hangin' Dragon Campaign flashback. That shit is hella cool but there was a really bad rush job on the voice acting in it. D: Narm errywhere. But the entire game, with today's graphic capabilities could look like that. And one thing LoD was a true viking at, was unique character/location/creature designs. The way everything looked was so very different than other JRPGs. This game and Xenogears: Two games that NEED to be remade.

And no. Sony made it. (lol)

Xenogears is one I've been telling myself to play for a long time, but I've never seen a copy. Is it rare too?

Probably the same reason i did. Because.....because.

manchildren in the internet

what groundbreaking news

Loki, is there something you're not telling me?

And one thing LoD was a true viking at, was unique character/location/creature designs. The way everything looked was so very different than other JRPGs.

The locations for LoD were all so amazing. As cool to explore as FF7-9.

Xenogears is one I've been telling myself to play for a long time, but I've never seen a copy. Is it rare too?

It should be on PSN actually. Actual copy? Im not sure, but i guess it can be. Xenogears was a game that was truly great but suffered because of severe budget cuts.

Loki, is there something you're not telling me?

Wat? Im a shapeshifter, what do you expect.

florina is secretly superbus

Crap. They are on to me.

The locations for LoD were all so amazing. As cool to explore as FF7-9.

Yes. Furni town was always my favorite. I just adore how that game looked.

I'll see about PSN if emulation fails.

How does it compare to LoD?

Uhhh omg. The two are so fucking different its hard to say. Xenogears was a Square game. Its about the same length despite being two disks smaller. (Xenogears was only two disks) But the imagery was not as rich, but that has a lot to do with the fact it was made in like 1998 versus LoD made a bit later. Xenogears....ok look at SeverIan's sig and thats how a lot of the game looks. (that sig is taken from that game) It still manages to be cool though cuz GIANT FUCKING ROBOT BATTLES AHHH! and SUPER BIBLICAL/GNOSTIC IMAGERY AND METAPHORS! Its also one of the most plot heavy games of its time.

In terms of gameplay (overall), id say LoD is better but in reality, the two are so different, its unfair to really compare them.

Hi! :3

Hai there.

Nagisa, tell you truth. Did you break out of prison?

Sure fucking did! Stay in there too long and Easter Dave'll eat up all my profits, yo!

Why is your character wearing my penguins as a hat, Vashi.

Well, he's the penguin of the group. ^_^

*hugs*

Uhhh omg. The two are so fucking different its hard to say. Xenogears was a Square game. Its about the same length despite being two disks smaller. (Xenogears was only two disks) But the imagery was not as rich, but that has a lot to do with the fact it was made in like 1998 versus LoD made a bit later. Xenogears....ok look at SeverIan's sig and thats how a lot of the game looks. (that sig is taken from that game) It still manages to be cool though cuz GIANT FUCKING ROBOT BATTLES AHHH! and SUPER BIBLICAL/GNOSTIC IMAGERY AND METAPHORS! Its also one of the most plot heavy games of its time.

In terms of gameplay (overall), id say LoD is better but in reality, the two are so different, its unfair to really compare them.

Hai there.

[/glomps] <3

Edited by Vashiane

Sure fucking did! Stay in there too long and Easter Dave'll eat up all my profits, yo!

If you get caught I'm not bailing you again.

@Loki: Thanks for the input.